WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

Barry Jenkins's "Moonlight" is one of the most wonderful stories of the year. I caught it today on the big screen (it hasn't premiered in here) and I absolutely loved it. But I mean, what IS love? Well, that's exactly the story this movie tells, without ever mentioning it's about that. In reality this movie is a life story, a shadow life, of young Chiron in three of the most important chapters in his life. You have good feelings for characters that you wouldn't normally have, such as Mahershala Ali's drug dealer Juan. You feel sad at society for being composed of morons trying to be thug, but even that Barry Jenkins ends up painting in a better light given what happens to his main character. I don't even want to talk about Paula (Naomi Harris). I hated early in the movie, but the feels later on... Damn you Jenkins!

It's a homage to love, all kinds of love, and aside from a beautiful script, you also have a beautiful score and a beautiful picture/cinematography. It's not too long like "Manchester By The Sea", so you never get bored. You get into it, more and more.

On a personal note, I don't remember ever seeing such good chemistry between an adult and a child actor like Mahershala Ali and Alex R. Hibbert's ("Little" Chiron). It was beautiful.

Rating: 5/5

It's Damn Real
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

If it wasn't for the cast, there's no way this movie would've had the buzz it had for The Oscars. Viola Davis and Denzel Washington were both great and I finally understand why Viola is dominating the award season, even though it's a stretch to call her a secondary element of the movie. Troy (Denzel Washington) may be the catalyst for the plot to move forward, but it's Rose (Viola Davis) who adds the drama for her husband's actions.

This movie is based on a play by the same name and I get it's always hard to make the transition from that genre to the big screen, but I thought Denzel Washington did his best as director to make a successful story out of it. For me, personally, the bigger message of race, religion and purpose of life didn't really came across as I believe there was a lot of plot lines and pictures with a bigger meaning, such as Gable's trumpet and his whole St. Peter shtick. I know that now, because I did some research on it, but while experiencing the movie, I was more concerned about consequences and family, which also makes it a good movie. It's more complex than what I got and I understand it and for that reason, it didn't blow me away.

It's still a good movie and Denzel's charisma is more than enough to hook you in. May not be everyone's cup of tea though and I'm totally fine with that.

Rating: 4/5

It's Damn Real
Old 02-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

I haven't posted in a while and since I don't want to watch too many movies before posting my small opinion in here, today I'm going to talk about the last two I watched in the cinema.

"Hidden Figures" is the dark horse for this year's Oscars. It probably does not have the same amount of complexity or timing as "La La Land" and "Moonlight" have, respectively. It's just a great movie overall and it's an "happy" movie. It's a comedy with little drama that's sold really well. Kevin Costner really brought his A-game that I've not seen since his 1991's "JFK" and of course, Taraji P. Henson gave it all for her character. It's a criticism against racism in society ("Moonligh" isn't that, unless you count a black cast a critic to it), which could have not come in a better time and of course, it's a movie about how great The United States is, which we all know the Academy loves.

Seek it out for a good time feel in the movies. Also be in check for Theodore Melfi's work in the future. It's his second long feature and it's even better than it's first "St. Vincent" (which got his share of good reviews too).

Rating: 4,5/5

It deserves the good buzz it's getting. "Split" is the return of M. Night Shyamalan to his good form. It's 2017's "10 Cloverfield Lane", as in a small production with a small cast and overall great acting and plot. My comparison to last year's silent hit isn't a coincidence and I really urge everyone that's a fan of the director's early work to go and be amazed by it's last scene.

I usually don't spoil anything from the movie, so back on track, we gotta give a hand of applause to James McAvoy. He carried the movie through and throughout in his role as 23 other personalities (even if we don't see them all as much as the big four). He's legit funny and serious and the plot really shines around him. I couldn't have asked for a better movie myself and I enjoyed the heck out of everything. A safe bet could not exist if you plan on catching a movie with friends or that special girl and want to avoid romance or god forbid "Fifty Shades Darker".

Rating: 3,5/5

It's Damn Real
Old 02-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Rogue One made it to the #2 spot for 2016 and is still being shown. It's about to break into the top 20 on the all time listing. It probably won't get much further at this point though that is still impressive. The biggest releases so far this year have been "XXX: Return of Xander Cage" and "A Dog's Purpose". This week we will have a couple of big releases that will surely be at the top of 2017's highest grossing films for some time, "The Lego Batman Movie" and "Fifty Shades Darker" which is a sequel to 2015's " Fifty Shades of Grey".

Recent Releases:
1/6: Underworld: Blood Wars
1/6: Arsenal
1/13: The Bye Bye Man
1/13: Sleepless
1/13: Monster Trucks
1/13: 100 Streets
1/13: The Book of Love
1/20: Split
1/20: XXX: Return of Xander Cage
1/20: The Resurrection of Gavin Stone
1/20: Trespass Against Us
1/20: Lost in London
1/20: Detour
1/25: Sophie and the Rising Sun
1/27: Lost in Florence
1/27: I Am Michael
1/27: A Dog's Purpose
1/27: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
2/3: Rings
2/3: The Space Between Us
2/3: Youth in Oregon
2/3: War on Everyone

Upcoming Releases:
2/10: The Lego Batman Movie
2/10: Fifty Shades Darker
2/10: John Wick: Chapter 2

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:01 AM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...

Underworld: Blood Wars-5/10

We're at a point, where the Underworld series is basically spinning its wheels now. I'm glad they finally moved past the whole "we can't trust the Death Dealer!" dilemma with Selene, because she continuously saved the vampire's collective asses more than once, but Underworld is starting to feel stale, and there's no denying it. The action sequences are still crisp and entertaining, but we're five films into the series, and you really don't get the sense they're building towards something big, or possibly teasing the grand finale, where everything comes to an end after another ambiguous ending.

And Underworld has a real problem with underwhelming villains and antagonists. Lara Pulver's Semira really works as this ruthless and power-hungry vixen, with a decent amount of charisma, but she's not the primary antagonist. Marius is the main antagonist, but he's a boring and bland character.

Len Wiseman confirmed plans for a sixth film, and Beckinsale is supposed to return as Selene. Rumors/reports about Beckinsale hesitating to return, or walking away from Underworld (before Awakening's release, and all the rumors about a reboot before Blood Wars) have popped over the past couple of years, and IF the rumors were true, my only guess is the powers that be added a few more zeros to her paycheck to straighten things out. After Awakening and now Blood Wars, it was easy to get the impression of Theo James taking over for Beckinsale as the lead in the series, but according to reports, he's out of the sixth film, so it's probably the end of the line for David.

The Founder-7/10

Michael Keaton's performance is just superb. At first, you want to feel sympathy for this poor sap, who just can't catch a break, but when Ray Kroc gets a taste of some real success and power, he turns into a cutthroat asshole with no remorse. Nick Offerman and John Carroll Lynch deliver a pair of solid performances as the McDonald's brothers, and they did a good of playing off each other as opposite personalities.

Overall, The Founder is basically a standard biopic, with some good humor, and unless you're really interested in seeing how McDonald's grew into what it is today, Dick and Mac McDonald's system for the kitchen area, or how many pickles they put on the hamburgers, it's kind of boring and the movie really drags in certain parts. Although, and I know I'm reaching here, but there's a chance you could look at The Founder as a cautionary tale for trusting the wrong people, or what happens, when you "let a wolf into the henhouse."

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter-3/10

You know something, I thought about going with a 5/10, but I couldn't stop thinking about the ending. Everyone knows this is supposed to be the the big finale or "The Final Chapter", but the ending really leaves things wide open for another series of films. My big problem with The Final Chapter is, you could easily use the ending to make another two or three films, and in the end, The Final Chapter has the feel of another sequel in the series, so I just couldn't buy into the enormity of the last stand against The Umbrella Corporation.

Although, I'll give credit where credit is due for using The Hive as the stage for the big final battle. After I watched the first trailer for this, I was kind of bummed out they were using The Hive again. Yeah, I get the "it all ends, where it began," approach, but The Hive was thoroughly explored in the original film. Adding some new traps and splitting the screen time between Wesker and Dr. Isaacs really helps, and reintroducing the laser defense system from the original film for a small dose of nostalgia was a nice touch.

The Sheik (2014)-7/10

I actually bought this from Wal-Mart a while ago, and it was sitting in a pile of DVDs, so I finally decided to watch it. It's a documentary on The Iron Sheik's life, complete with interviews from The Rock, Hogan, Jim Duggan, Jim Ross, Jake Roberts, Bruce Prichard, and others. You'll also see appearances from Bret Hart, DDP, RVD, and various wrestlers and other wresting personalities, when Sheik is going around to all the different conventions.

It's a thorough documentary, and it's sad and uplifting at the same time. You'll see what happens, when The Sheik hits rock bottom, and how he had a hard time dealing with the murder of one of his his daughters. He also falls into the category of guys, who just couldn't let go of the glory days. But Sheik was able to reinvent himself and turn his life around with some help, and the cartoon with Hacksaw and The Sheik was hilarious.

February 10-12 & The Upcoming Weekend

No real surprise, but The LEGO Batman Movie debuted at #1 in the week-to-week charts with $53,003,468, and the current worldwide total sits at $99,780,752. Fifty Shades Darker received a lot of poor reviews (a 9% on Rotten Tomatoes), but the movie has a worldwide total of $163,093,603. And John Wick debuted in the #3 spot ($51,585,359 for the worldwide total). The Fifty Shades series obviously has a strong enough fanbase to overcome a wave of negative reviews, and The LEGO Batman Movie was an easy front-runner to be considered as one of the big hits in 2017.

The LEGO Batman Movie is expected to repeat at #1 over Fist Fight, A Cure For Wellness, and The Great Wall in the week-to-week charts. A Cure For Wellness is the only new film I'm truly looking forward to, and The Great Wall looks like the type of film that might lose most of its wow-factor outside of theaters. Fist Fight? Eh, I guess there's chance for a decent enough comedy, but it's probably another one of Ice Cube's forgettable films, and the reviews are mixed, with Richard Roeper giving the movie a 0/4.