WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 AM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowds View Post
I've read this Daredevil complaint a few times now and it's pretty silly.

Considering Bale was in mediocre films like Equilibrium and Reign of Fire where he was far from his best form, he was an excellent Batman just 3 years later.

Daredevil was out, what, in 2001? There or thereabouts? Yeh, that's over a decade ago. In just the last 4-5 years, Affleck has shown what a good actor and director he can be in dramatic/crime films in Argo and The Town.

As I said in the spam thread, I'm optimistic about this because its a more mature Affleck that's taking on the role now.
I wasn't doubting him because he starred in Daredevil, I was just saying I hope he does better now than he did in that film.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Sally was here
WWF Hardcore Champion

Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via MSN to Dowdsy McDowds Send a message via Skype™ to Dowdsy McDowds

Oh I don't think that's even in question, seeing as the director of Daredevil also made such classics as Ghost Rider and Jack fucking Frost. Even if Zach Snyder favours style over substance, he's still likely to make a much better film than any of those 3 creations from Mark Steven Johnson.

Also I'd go back to citing 2 more recent films of Affleck's where he is closer to Batman/Bruce Wayne's juggling act as much better indicators of how he's going to perform.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

While I didn't jump out of my chair after reading the news about Affleck being the new Batman, I don't think he's a bad choice at all.

Affleck has had more time grow and develop his kills as an actor since Daredevil, Jersey Girl (my pick for Kevin Smith's worst film ever), and that abomination Gigli, and I believe he's a lot more polished and refined now a days.

I also think a lot of people are horribly underestimating Ben's acting abilities. Let's not forget about his flashes of potential in Good Will Hunting, and Affleck easily gave the best performances in Armageddon and Pearl Harbor (2001), two films (ironically enough Michael Bay directed both turds) that were trashed critically for the most part, and you could say Affleck almost did enough to save both films. And Ben looks great so far in the trailers for Runner, Runner.

Ben has what it takes to be Batman/Bruce Wayne, and as an actor, he's delivered two high quality performances in The Town and Argo recently, so I'm sure he'll step up to the challenge.

I'm sort of bummed out Gosling didn't receive the role, but Brolin not getting it doesn't bother me too much anymore. As I said in my first post, I could easily picture him as Bruce Wayne, but I can not in any way shape or form picture him as Batman. Plus, I like the guy, and I believe he's better playing a bad guy/dick, but Brolin has been riding the No Country For Old Men wave for a while now. Brolin had been around for a while before, but No Country For Old Men put him on the map. Since then, he really hasn't done anything Oscar worthy, and if my memory is correct, W. was his last starring role, but W. was a pretty lousy film all around.

So while No Country For Old Men was a good springboard for showing Brolin's potential, he really hasn't been able to show us that next level for something to justify the hype.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:51 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I can't say I'm exactly thrilled but I do think he'd make a better choice than any of the various "top choices" that were originally announced. Affleck, while 41 years old, looks like someone that's a good decade younger. That's a positive aspect of his look and he's already said to be training to get into shape for the role. If he's able to really portray Bruce Wayne & Batman as two different people with two seemingly different personalities, then it'll make him the best to don the cape & cowl in my opinion thus far. Wayne is supposed to be a billionaire playboy and I've yet to see anyone make him seem as though he's nothing deeper than what he's supposed to be: a flashy rich guy living a carefree lifestyle. I've seen Affleck do characters like that, so if he can balance out the foppishness of the billionaire playboy with the brooding menace of the Dark Knight, then it'll be a performance worth watching.

Affleck has been in some pretty shitty films, that's definitely true. From about 2003 through about 2006, it was just one big pile of shit after another. He started to get back into the swing of things with Hollywoodland as far as establishing himself as someone who can be a good actor. Affleck has gotten FAR more praise and general success as a writer, director and producer than as an actor. Batman is such an iconic character, he's practically a license to print money, so if Affleck isn't really able to get over playing such a popular character, maybe he'd be better off spending most of his time behind the camera in areas where he's certainly show unquestioned success.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote