WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It had to happen. The general plot of the original film has been repeated in 3 sequels and a television series; all in which the various course of history has been changed to one degree or another. There's not much else to be done with it that doesn't look like they're going around in circles. Besides that, Schwarzenegger turns 66 years old at the end of this month and will be almost 68 by the time the film hits theaters, and that's if shooting isn't delayed or the release date isn't pushed back. I suppose it's possible that they could monkey up some cutting edge CGI on Arnie and make him look like he's still an imposingly virile 40 year old man, but that'd probably be awfully damn expensive while Arnie's salary for doing it would, quite probably, be astronomically ridiculous. It's just cheaper all around to reboot it. If The Rock gets the role then, in spite of his recent successes, he still wouldn't be able to command the sort of massive salary Schwarzenegger would.

Reboots often have an uphill battle and it'll be all the worse for this movie because the Terminator character and the general plot of the franchise have become pop culture and sci-fi classics. Some will stubbornly hang onto the feelings of nostalgia generated by the original franchise even if this reboot, by some miracle, turns out to be superior to the original in every way. As I alluded to, when it comes to nostalgia, there are some people that will hate the idea of Arnie not being the Terminator. I'd say some film critics would probably think something along the same lines and will critique every single little detail of the film to a degree that they might not ordinarily do because it's a reboot.

It could be genuinely interesting if they try to take a fresh approach with the franchise instead of essentially rehashing the same movie as the original; just with much more advanced effects technology.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

So they finally announced the release date for the new Terminator film:

Quote:
Paramount looks to get a jump start on a crowded 2015 Fourth of July weekend, launching its “Terminator” reboot on Wednesday, July 1.

The studio also officially announced on Monday the rumored title for Michael Bay’s “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” which bows June 27, 2014.

The “Terminator” film will bow two days ahead of two other studio tentpoles — Sony’s “Independence Day 2″ and an untitled toon from Universal and Illumination Entertainment.

Summer 2015 has been shaping up to be one of the most competitive summers ever at the box office, with major franchise installments, including Disney-Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Sony’s “Smurfs 3,” U’s “Jurassic World” and the Batman-Superman mash-up from Warner Bros.

This year, Par bumped up its limited release of Alexander Payne’s “Nebraska” from Nov. 22 to Nov. 15. The studio will platform the film during the fall, looking to hook awards nominations.
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/pa...15-1200613665/

A lot of you know I'm a die hard fan of all things Terminator, but lumping the new Terminator film in with Avengers 2, Jurassic World (what a shit name), and Batman VS Superman? I can't buy into that hype.

As Dowds pointed out with his first post in this thread, the luster and the mystique of The Terminator franchise took a big hit with Rise Of The Machines and Salvation. Despite Nick Stahl's John Connor being a whining bitch, I thought 3 wasn't all that bad. Still, as far as quality goes, it was a BIG step down from Judgement Day. And I won't go on another rant about Salvation in here. It's the worst Terminator film ever, easily.

Batman is coming off of the universal success and praise from Nolan's trilogy, The Avengers was a massive financial success, and the movie itself was praised as one of the best superhero films of the past twenty years. Man Of Steel received mixed reviews, but from what I remember, the film had a positive run at the box office. And I wasn't the biggest fan of Jurassic Park III, but it's not as bad as Terminator: Salvation, not by a long shot.