WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM
A Life In Monochrome
WWF Hardcore Champion

Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...

Certainly Bane, that was a terrible anticlimax and the character deserved better than being shot by a fucking motorbike.

Lost
Click for Spoiler:
The Man in Black. Thousands of years old, responsible for hundreds of deaths, the motherfucking smoke monster and how does he die? Kate Austen shoots him. Bad enough being shot, which is probably the most unceremonious way to die but by fucking Kate, who was probably the worst character on the show. An utterly dreadful end to a complex and interesting villain.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:51 AM
Sally was here
WWF Hardcore Champion

Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...Dowdsy McDowds is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via MSN to Dowdsy McDowds Send a message via Skype™ to Dowdsy McDowds

My memorable death scene is technically 3 that form a great sequence - the last 15 minutes of Last of the Mohicans.

As much as I love Heat, feel Manhunter is still under-rated and dig what Mann brings to the crime genre, Mohicans is by far my favourite film of his and I'd love to eventually see the directors cut of it.

From the moment Hawkeye walks into the Rival clans camp to treat with their Chief and free the 2 daughters, the tension that has been building throughout the film comes to a boiling point, quite literally for the English soldier Henry. In an act of redemption, he offers to be the bargaining chip to free the daughters but as a result will be sacrificed via fire, having deliberately Mis-translated Hawkeyes offer. As Hawkeye leads the daughters away, he grabs his rifle and shoots Henry to stop his suffering.

The following 10 minutes then contain 2 big characters being killed and a suicide too, all of which have a bearing on each other and is a fitting but disheartening ending until we are left with the Last of the Mohicans looking on with sadness at a sunset.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:32 PM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

Memorable and Disapointing, eh? I have one that comes from a TV Show, the other from a movie.

Arlo Givens- Justified: Arlo was the criminal/bastard father of the show's titular character, Raylan Givens, a U.S. Marshall. In the episode Money Trap, Raylan visits his father in prison, asking him to give up the identity of a fugitive who's escaped the FBI and the Mob for 25 years. Arlo had been in jail for killing a state trooper, and Raylan was offering him a deal to give up the name. Arlo's response?

Quote:
"Let me think about it for a minute. Ok, I've thought about...Eat Sh*t".
Raylan told him that the mob would get to him sooner rather than later, and that he would take a shiv sooner rather then later. But it still threw me when the opening scene of the next episode saw exactly that happen, except it wasn't the Mob. It was a friend of Arlo's and the fugitive alike, who shivved Arlo to get him to keep his mouth shut.

Arlo was a bastard and pretty much deserved whatever was coming to him, but the way it happened, so shortly after Raylan predicted it would and the man who did it made for a memorable death scene for Raylan's father. I wish I could find video of it.

The other one that springs to mind for me is Billy Costigan's(Leonardo DiCaprio) death in The Departed.

Costigan is finally out from undercover, and has figured out that Colin Sullivan(Matt Damon) was the rat inside the Boston P.D. on Frank Castillo's(Jack Nicholson) payroll. He places him under citizen's arrest, and is taking him from the building in an elevator where earlier, Costigan's mentor, Captain Queenan(Martin Sheen) was thrown to his death. When the elevator opens, however, a gunshot goes off, and Costigan's head just explodes.

The kid was tortured by the things he had done undercover, but you truly wanted to see him come out on top. But because Castillo had a second cop on his payroll, who had followed them there, it wasn't to be.

That wasn't the end of the movie, which ended on the "happiest" note it could, but Costigan's death truly surprised me.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Going for some anime now

Vegeta's deaths in Dragonball Z are probably the most emotional ones in the entire series because Vegeta is the one character who has the most character growth in the entire series. And each death makes you realise how far he'd come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

As far as memorable goes, surprised nobody mentioned this one yet.....

You would've thought Luke was done for after he unceremoniously turned down The Emperor's offer. But Vader's conscience kicked in, as he watched his son scream and beg for his help. Using similar reasons for my Fright Night 2 pick, The Emperor was basking in the glory of his triumph, while torturing Luke, as he prepared to deliver the final blow, but at the last second, the rug is pulled out from underneath him, when Vader, his number one apprentice, turns on him to save his son's life. Also, you can feel Vader's dilemma, as his head darts back and forth between his smiling master and his son, who might be seconds away from taking his final breath.

But something about this scene always bothered me from the first time I saw ROTJ as a kid. Why in the name of all things holy would Luke carelessly toss his lightsaber to the ground like that? I get the whole point of Luke having faith in his father to do the right thing, but still, it would've made more sense if Luke gave himself a fighting chance.

Another disappointing pick..........

Mind-numbingly stupid.

It's the only way to describe this scene. Laurie Strode is the primary protagonist in the Halloween franchise, and they kill her off in the opening minutes of the movie? Imagine a movie where Spider-Man or Batman are killed off in the first ten or fifteen minutes, and afterwards, you have to watch a storyline that revolves around Mary Jane or Alfred. You don't bring out the main course first, go to the appetizer, and finish with dessert. Laurie's death was a supposed to be a special moment with the right build, but Resurrection takes the ass backwards approach by killing off Laurie in the opening.

And to make matters worse, after Laurie's death, you're forced to sit through a shitty film with gaping plot holes, terrible acting, a hideous final showdown between Myers and Busta Rhymes, and for some reason, the writers felt the need to turn Busta into a karate master wannabe.