WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 AM
📶
WWE Women's Champion

The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...The Butcher is going to make some noise in the draft...

Rocky Balboa - Rocky is an icon. He embodies the spirit of the era in which his films were released, as well as that of the city of Philadelphia and of America itself. Plus it'd be hard to name many other characters who have their own statue standing near the stairs named in their honor.

The Joker - Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger -- two great actors, two very different interpretations, but one amazing character. There are few film villains that can commit horrific acts of murder and mayhem only to turn right around and get us to laugh with a museum dance or nurse's outfit.

Clark Griswold - Growing up, my family would often call our summer trips "National Lampoon vacations." Who can't relate to a family road trip gone awry or a Christmas constantly on the verge of meltdown? And at the center of it all is dad. Clark is everyone's dad in some form or another. Whether it's the propensity to flirt, the clueless optimism, or the comedic fits of rage, it's all in there. Clark is one of the great film fathers and one of the funniest characters in all of moviedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
Did You Know fact!

The Butcher has won WZF Rookie of the Year with the highest vote percentage ever i.e 79.31% in the history of WZF!

Last edited by The Butcher : 08-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Sergeant Bob Barnes- He's a merciless hard-ass, and it's not a stretch to say Barnes is the most memorable character from Platoon. Tom Berenger was such a sadistic and ruthless asshole, and when I think about Platoon, I think about Barnes.

Michael Corleone- Not only is Corleone an iconic villain, but you have to marvel at the stages of transformation this character goes through in The Godfather film series. In the first film, you can see the early signs of development for this vindictive monster, and the transformation comes full circle in part II, as Michael becomes this powerful, overbearing, cold-hearted and genuinely evil mob boss. But in Part III, you could see a broken and pitiful old man, who wanted to turn his life around and do the right thing. So within the span of three films, you see Corleone's rise to power, his reign on top, and his fall from grace, and a lonely, sad death in third film.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac/iOS View Post
The new criteria shall be:

Memorability: how well the character is remembered, quoted, inspired. All the characters that have been mentioned before are some of the most memorable. They may not be the most important but when everyone looks at it now a days they stick out the most.

Success: Once again all these above characters are very successful. We're talking a out millions of dollar franchises. A standalone movie can be a success as well but the success of their movies should be taken into account.

General On Sceen performance- nobody remembers Darth Vader for his acting ability but more his popularity however there are some performances like I mentioned already In I wicked witch of the west which her acting ability gets her a nomination alone. She may have a small role but was amazing in her movie.
Based on this criteria my answer is Bond, James Bond. Here's why.

Memorability: James Bond is probably the most iconic movie hero of all time, and there are countless memorable Bond moments through the years. Also, in terms of quotability I mean he's "Bond, James Bond", and if he ever asks you for a vodka martini make sure it's "shaken, not stirred".

Success: James Bond is synonymous with the movie business, and he has been around almost as long as major motion pictures have existed. There have been over twenty installments in the Bond film franchise through the years, with no end in sight. I think it's fair to say he is the most successful movie character of all time. 50 years of James Bond? MAKE IT A HUNDRED (John McCain reference).
Another testament to the success of the franchise is the amount of Bond tropes that appear in other films. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery well then Bond scores points there as well, with Austin Powers, a parody of Bond, being an immensely successful film franchise in its own right.

General On-Screen Performance: Bond is interesting in that he has been portrayed by numerous actors throughout his film history. Sean Connery is the original, and in my opinion, the greatest James Bond, but each actor has brought something slightly different to the character. I think it's fair to say that Bond has been quite well cast over the years, with each actor being able to bring the suave secret agent to life in their own way. From the more serious interpretations of Timothy Dalton and Daniel Craig to the more light-hearted one-liner friendly interpretations of Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan, there are things about each Bond actor that I enjoy.

So yeah, there's your winner.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm neat.
WWE Women's Champion

Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...Mac Attack scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexcellence of Sexecution View Post
Based on this criteria my answer is Bond, James Bond. Here's why.

Memorability: James Bond is probably the most iconic movie hero of all time, and there are countless memorable Bond moments through the years. Also, in terms of quotability I mean he's "Bond, James Bond", and if he ever asks you for a vodka martini make sure it's "shaken, not stirred".

Success: James Bond is synonymous with the movie business, and he has been around almost as long as major motion pictures have existed. There have been over twenty installments in the Bond film franchise through the years, with no end in sight. I think it's fair to say he is the most successful movie character of all time. 50 years of James Bond? MAKE IT A HUNDRED (John McCain reference).
Another testament to the success of the franchise is the amount of Bond tropes that appear in other films. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery well then Bond scores points there as well, with Austin Powers, a parody of Bond, being an immensely successful film franchise in its own right.

General On-Screen Performance: Bond is interesting in that he has been portrayed by numerous actors throughout his film history. Sean Connery is the original, and in my opinion, the greatest James Bond, but each actor has brought something slightly different to the character. I think it's fair to say that Bond has been quite well cast over the years, with each actor being able to bring the suave secret agent to life in their own way. From the more serious interpretations of Timothy Dalton and Daniel Craig to the more light-hearted one-liner friendly interpretations of Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan, there are things about each Bond actor that I enjoy.

So yeah, there's your winner.
Well I just wanted to make sure you knew this was only a nomination thread and if you really want to support him you should wait for the tournament but I agree with everything that you say here. James Bond fits all the criteria extremely well and without a doubt deserves to be on this last and probably deserves a high seeding.

I've also decided to add another personal favorite character of mine and I think this one might surprise people.

Woody- From Toy Story. I think this one of those characters where people really do see human attributes through the animation of a cartoon. He is extremely popular and extremely well liked, and the movies have done really well in the past. I have him over Buzz as I feel like be is more of a dynamic character and Buzz is more typical protagonist. In addition I think it be cool to add more cartoon characters.

Tournament Update for everyone though,

So I know LSN said he'd see if we could make this tournament more official which means probably a subsection with a lot more participants and nominees and it would probably run like most tournaments do here on WZ.

However,

If that all falls through I'm allowed to do the 16 man tournament in here and if that's the case I might be making some cuts as to who gets in or gets out. However this thread will still be used for nominations for the time being until I get word on what's happening. The more the merrier people!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 AM
HBK for life

TheHeartbreakPunk is looking to come up from OCW...

Rocky Balboa- There's no way you have a greatest characters list and not have rocky on it. They guy just defines underdog. He was the character that you would always be rooting for no matter what, and he made 6 movies. He was inspiring in every way, and of the best characters in movie history.