WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-22-2018, 12:35 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Roman Reigns deserves credit in the sense that he's the main focus for the ire of the smarks, and they love watching him get beaten up. Roman getting annihilated by Braun Strowman is probably how most of the fans remember him fondly.

Does Roman deserve the most credit? Hell no, that's not even debatable. Roman Reigns is the Steven Segal of the WWE, their appeal fizzled out pretty quickly. Now Roman's marketability is in how the fans that he upset want to see him get obliterated. Smarks can typically smell another cheesy match meant only to build Roman's reputation, like when Roman fought Samoa Joe, and have evolved from booing him mercilessly to flat out ignoring him.

Roman was supposed to be the guy that took Lesnar's spot, and now it's looking like Lesnar is going to retire as champion. Every other viable competitor has already had their feuds with Lesnar, and I suspect that they were unsuccessful because the whole point was to make Roman look better than everyone.

The WWE has done a spectacular job marketing themselves in areas other than prowrestling, their reality tv ventures are insanely popular. The WWE recently released another (!) freemium mobile game, of which they're likely to rake in an extra $10,000,000 this year.

If I had to pick one person who deserves the most credit for the WWE's rise in positive notoriety among the business community, it would be HHH. I never thought I'd say this, but the McMahons lucked out big-time with him.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:49 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...

No. Because he's not the leader. THe original poster seems to be talking storyline leader. If that's the case, it's Brock Lesnar. He's the champion. He's the guy they make a big deal about. He's the guy people know from UFC. He's the guy also in the main events, but he's the guy who Roman "can't" beat. So going storyline, that's it.

True, PR wise, John Cena is probably the "leader" due to visibility.

But there's a lot of reasons for the TV deal. Rousey is part of it. Cena's crossover is part of it. WWE's ties to The Rock and Batista, and the potential for another person like that to appear, is part of it. WWE having a pre-built "will never leave" fanbase is part of it. Live TV is part of it. Having shows on E! is part of it. Having people with large podcast (Stone Cold, Jericho, others) and YouTube (Xavier) presences is part of it. Building out more "sports" content is part of it. The fact that Wrestlemania weekend is now like a mini-Super Bowl is part of it. International growth is part of it. It is not predicated on any one person.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:31 PM

nagami is looking to come up from OCW...

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
Old 05-22-2018, 05:40 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
Roman Reigns deserves credit in the sense that he's the main focus for the ire of the smarks, and they love watching him get beaten up. Roman getting annihilated by Braun Strowman is probably how most of the fans remember him fondly.
That explains why the audience were more into the beach balls than Lesnar pummeling Reigns at WM34?
Old 06-01-2018, 09:31 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

The new TV deals are just like the major pro sports, they’re paying for the brand not the player. People get injured or retire, a company isn’t going to put all that money on one person. The WWE is all about the brand not the performers.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:52 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think many have said it already. I support the idea that it's not any ONE person who is to credit for huge TV deals, it is the brand of WWE itself.

Like it or not, WWE as a brand on TV has been around since about 1993 in a consistent, weekly format. Ratings have been up and down since that time.

Ratings are nowhere near the highest they have ever been. But they are pretty consistent at about 2-4 million per episode of Raw or SmackDown. Ratings aren't trending up, however. So there is a LITTLE reason for concern.

But from a TV Channel's perspective, they can look at WWEs two main shows as consistency. A 5-year deal for SmackDown means 5 years of investment in a 2 hour show once a week (and possible repeats throughout the week) that will consistently get between 2-4 million viewers per show every single week of the year. This is opposed to the station trying to launch a new show in year 1 and it get hardly any viewers and have to cancel it and try another show, then another show, and another.

Now, yes, WWE's shows are consistent but we'll see in 5 years from now if ratings continue to drop and maybe become less of a 2-4 million figure and more of a 1 million and occasional 2 million figure. Then, it will be evident that the actual content and product being delivered to the people is not pleasing their tastes often enough.

If WWE gets TOO comfortable with status quo then there's no reason to believe their ratings will not continue to drop and their overall appeal, even amongst young people, will continue to decline.

WWE should count themselves lucky to have such big TV deals despite the product they are putting out and hopefully take this as an opportunity to increase their appeal by offering a more compelling product.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:11 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Another point that i just though of will reading the above post. I think Smackdown might not suffered as badly as Raw will with those new deal. The fact is Smackdown moving to Fox even on a friday night is a good deal for the company. Normally, Friday night as always been considered as family night on T.V., that's why Smackdown was move to friday when it was on UPN/CW. So by moving to show back on friday night on Fox, they have a good chance of getting more families watching the program then what they have right now with USA. So in the end even if they lose some of the hardcore male audience that would rather do anything else then watch wrestling on Friday night, you still get the families that probably will sit down and watch since the show isn't a a school night anymore and kids can stay up late to watch the whole show, while raw will be the more grown up show and will have to adapt the product to make sure their fanbase they still have don't leave.