WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-03-2018, 08:58 PM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...

The only time I ever found NWJ remotely interesting is in NXT when Austin Aries got up on the announce table and pretended to dance with him. Then proceeded to beat the heck out of Jose.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:12 AM
WZCW Grand Slam and
ECW Champion

ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...

Boy you people sure sound like a gaggle of fun. He's not meant to be anything serious. He's a nice, fun character for opening cards and for some fun fan interaction. And for a bit of ethnic connection. That's all. But here you people are. Pissing and moaning. "Oh this guy sucks." Really? What, you're going to tell me with a straight face Jinder Mahal would be a better wrestler or more entertaining entrance?
Old 05-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I don't like the guy. He was annoying in NXT and I doubt he ever ends up being anything more than a comedic relief guy. He's basically a less entertaining version of Adam Rose, and without having the bunny for a sidekick. I may not like him, but there's still value in such a character. He can get the crowd fired up with his antics (those who do like it, anyway) and then get squashed by heels who need a win to look more intimidating in their own feuds. He sucks in my opinion although characters like that absolutely have their place. So, there's a reason for him to be in the spot he is. Maybe he could fit in with the New Day somehow, that could be good. It's the only idea I can think of.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

I don't get this mentality on how comic relief is a symbol of suckitude. There are at least a dozen far less interesting people I could point at right now that have been on television for more than a decade that don't have any flavor whatsoever - some even world champions. No Way Jose is there to be a fun guy. That's it. The show needs its humor. Sure it parallels Adam Rose a bit, but every talent I've seen lately is a copy of older talent. He does have a lot more going for him in the way of culture (and let's be fucking honest, Jose is more culture than some of you experience).

Adam Rose was also completely undermined because they put more money in his posse. People on principle are going to be more interested in a guy in a bunny costume over just about everything else. If Cena came out with a group and one was wearing a unicorn costume, the unicorn would be all the talk on forums. That and fans couldn't let go of Leo Kruger.

Y'all the reason why Baron Corbin is on my TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 05-06-2018, 07:13 PM

louchratis is looking to come up from OCW...

Vince remains hell bent on trying to have an act for every audience and age group. No Way Jose is the latest attempt to appeal to the 10 years old and younger crowd. He won't be the last, either.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:58 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not opposed to the WWE having comedic, jovial, fun-loving characters who are supposed to pump up the crowd and have a decent mid-card match.

There's been a lot of them in different forms: The Hurricane was pretending to be a superhero, but it was fun ... and he brought in Rosey: Super Hero In Training, also fun ... then there was Santino Marella, Cobra and all his dancing and comedic words and actions ...

Some worked better than others. Hurricane and Santino were able to balance being fun and 'silly' with entertaining in the ring and believable enough to have some success and fan support.

And let's be honest, if you are a WWE fan, you must have liked some more comedic characters in the past ... that's just been part of WWE for so long, if you've become a fan at any point there must be some sort of acceptance to the comic relief role in pro wrestling.

I will say, the comedic relief role is a TOUGH one to do right. If it's too hokey or too obnoxious then it is too hard to suspend disbelief or enjoy.

Now, as for No Way Jose ...

I'm not particularly a fan of this gimmick, but I won't right if off yet. I'll see it develop. I'd like to see a good feud where a heel can make the fans care about what happens to No Way Jose. Maybe Jose can do a promo where he explains what he stands for to gain more support from the fans.

And, if his segments are kept relatively short with more or less mid-lower card guys then it should be fine.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:08 PM
Kensuke "Jinsei" Shinzaki

Hakushi is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Complete garbage. Throw in New Day, Breezango and Balors smile and burn them all
Old 05-09-2018, 01:02 AM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree about the jobber thing.

He is the singles version of the Shining Stars.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:20 AM
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion

shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I don't get this mentality on how comic relief is a symbol of suckitude. There are at least a dozen far less interesting people I could point at right now that have been on television for more than a decade that don't have any flavor whatsoever - some even world champions. No Way Jose is there to be a fun guy. That's it. The show needs its humor. Sure it parallels Adam Rose a bit, but every talent I've seen lately is a copy of older talent. He does have a lot more going for him in the way of culture (and let's be fucking honest, Jose is more culture than some of you experience).

Adam Rose was also completely undermined because they put more money in his posse. People on principle are going to be more interested in a guy in a bunny costume over just about everything else. If Cena came out with a group and one was wearing a unicorn costume, the unicorn would be all the talk on forums. That and fans couldn't let go of Leo Kruger.

Y'all the reason why Baron Corbin is on my TV.
Because people can't let themselves sit back and be entertained. It's sad really. They think everything has to be great match, no entertainment, straight from the indies looking type of entertainment. I don't have any doubt every single one of these people that are calling No Way Jose "trash" and whatnot are the exact same ones that absolutely LOVED Perry Saturn and Moppy. They probably LOVED Al Snow and Head. It's funny because he says "Everybody wants head. It's a sexual innuendo and it's on my tv. Get it? lolololololol". Those are the people we're talking about here.

WWE is an entertainment show... almost variety show... that shows wrestling. It's been that way for a long long time. So suck it up and accept it.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:52 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...

NWJ is terrible didn't they do this with Adam Rose, at least Adam looked like a Wrestler. He is a mid carder at best he will never win a title. He is just an attraction on Raw to fill some time in the 3 hour show. New Day is getting to be like this they need to toughen up with three of them they can beat on people. Elias at least has an edge to him he will win some titles in his future.