WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Cena's promo this week was all over the map. People complain about scripted promos but what Cena seemed to do on Monday was take a bunch of bullet points and scramble them in an order that made me think he barely practiced what he wanted to say and do.

Would it be sexist if Cena asked Taker to be his partner in Mixed Match Challenge?

I have no idea what is going to go down at Mania. Two weeks ago I thought this match was a done deal now I don't think it will be nothing but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing actually happens.

At this point I don't want the Taker character to show up, I don't want the America Badass, and I definitely don't want Kid Rock involved, I think I just want an old man to come out and have one last fight. As bad as a movie as Rocky V was, Rocky beating Tommy in the street was still pretty awesome. Taker can be Rocky and Cena can be Tommy. Which I think means Cena ends up with HIV.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:23 PM
'The Bringer of Rain'

Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...

I love the idea of waiting for this match. Have Taker come down and issue his response but have it be for next years Mania Main Event. Then you can have Taker say Career vs Career. This gives Taker 1 more year to fully heal from his surgery and have 1 last match that will define his career and he can go out on his terms. Plus I am sure next year will be HOF for Taker so it makes sense to have his last match carry that HOF nomination.

The fans will be more than willing to wait a year for this blockbuster match. And I would like to see Taker at 100% going into the match. Cause lets admit, Taker hasnt looked good at all since the HIAC match with HHH. Every match since has been a shell of Taker and it seems he looks worse and worse every year from a healthy standpoint.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:46 AM

Jericho91 is looking to come up from OCW...

I had to take a trip down memory lane: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=333781

I'll reserve judgement until WrestleMania comes to pass.

I'll have a word with those Know-It-All's that pretended to be Mark Calaway's representative or agent.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:22 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think this will happen at WM this Sunday and while it may seem strange not to officially book a marquee match like this in the card I do think it makes sense.

1. WWE needs to think of life after John Cena. So not advertising him on the card, though most are expecting him to make an apperance, is probably a way to gauage how business will turn out if they do not advertise Cena and Taker in the PPV.

2. Taker was supposed to retire last year and advertising this match after two emotional retirement fake outs (provided he is going to Wrestle at this year's WM) might be off putting for most fans that invested in him retiring last year. Plus Taker w/o his streak and his recent performance last year (let's face it he was not in any shape or form to wrestle a 20 min match) he might not move numbers anyways. If you advertise Cena vs. Taker at Mania ( a match that is booked 5 years too late) the response might be met with a mixed response, you have a "bonus" or "unscheduled" match at WM between the two people will go nuts.

3. Maybe lowering expectations? We know Taker can't go 20 mins anymore and Cena's recent in ring performances indicates he plans to take it easy in the ring (probably to avoid any injuires affecting his Hollywood commitments). I can see this impromtu bonus match being only 8 to 10 mins maximizing Taker's capability while avoiding any injuries for Cena. Like I said you advertise this match and its only for 8 mins people will feel ripped off, so might as well make this a bonus match.

My prediction. Cena vs. Taker will happen but only after Cena does a promo during WM. Taker will come and wrestle Cena. Taker wins in an 8 min match. Taker's final match is a WM win and Cena turns heel losing to the Taker.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:40 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho Mans Beard View Post
I love the idea of waiting for this match. Have Taker come down and issue his response but have it be for next years Mania Main Event. Then you can have Taker say Career vs Career. This gives Taker 1 more year to fully heal from his surgery and have 1 last match that will define his career and he can go out on his terms. Plus I am sure next year will be HOF for Taker so it makes sense to have his last match carry that HOF nomination.

The fans will be more than willing to wait a year for this blockbuster match. And I would like to see Taker at 100% going into the match. Cause lets admit, Taker hasnt looked good at all since the HIAC match with HHH. Every match since has been a shell of Taker and it seems he looks worse and worse every year from a healthy standpoint.
The problem is, that if you make it Career vs Career, the night after Taker goes into the HoF, given that HoF goes to people who are retired or fighting their last match, it signals that Taker will lose and retire. So it pre-empts the result of the match.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:43 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Yeah, they did the whole supernatural thing with Taker but he never showed up in person to confront Kane or cut a promo. For this year, however, there hasn't been anything whatsoever. No lightning, no lights going out, not even the lights dimming. I guess there was always Taker's "presence" at the very least but there hasn't even been that this time around.
The difference back at WMXX was that Taker was far off retirement, was only off-screen for storyline reasons (he was still regularly on SD every week before getting Buried Alive by Kane at SS).

The reason that Taker's non-response is more worrying is that he gave indication at the end of WM33 that he was retiring. We haven't heard from him, so there is more possibility that he may not do the match at all, whereas at WMXX, that was never under question.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:41 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
The difference back at WMXX was that Taker was far off retirement, was only off-screen for storyline reasons (he was still regularly on SD every week before getting Buried Alive by Kane at SS).

The reason that Taker's non-response is more worrying is that he gave indication at the end of WM33 that he was retiring. We haven't heard from him, so there is more possibility that he may not do the match at all, whereas at WMXX, that was never under question.
Thé other Things that we need to take under consideration was his speech at raw 25 and the fact he could barely walk. That speech gave me the impression that as far as in ring competition, he was done. I'm not really against the fact that they do some sort of altercation on Sunday between the 2 but if he looks as bad as he did on raw 25, I don't see how they could pull of a match.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Knockout Champion

justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...

So let me get this straight. The WWE allowed John Cena to go on their airwaves, with their microphone, so that he could bash one of the most profitable acts in the company's history - a guy who still remains in good standing, and whose lack of loyalty could've led to the WWE going bankrupt in 1997? While doing this, no one in the WWE thought to cut his microphone, cut to commercial, or to discipline Cena. Instead, they gave him that same microphone, on those same airways, the very next week so that he could further trash one of the company's most profitable intellectual properties.

And some of you don't think there's going to be a match at Wrestlemania because you didnt' like how The Undertaker was moving 10 weeks ago?

Some of you actually think that the WWE would spend weeks teasing a match at Wrestlemania that isn't going to happen?

Some of you actually think that the WWE preferred to use Cena - their biggest box office attraction - as a decoy as opposed to giving him a match at Wrestlemania?

All I can say is this... Vegas is taking bets on this match. If you actually believe that The Undertaker isn't going to wrestle at Wrestlemania, then go ahead and bet your house. Just don't complain on Monday when you're homeless.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:02 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

What is weird to me is not announcing it. Whole selling point of the match should be "Come to Wrestlemania where two of the biggest ever would clash". Should be but instead is "Come to Wrestlemania where they may or may not clash". From the business standpoint its not really good strategy to a match that could sell Wrestlemania alone if its advertised properly. Then again, as I said before, whole thing about this is weird. Taker RAW 25 promo, Cena calling Taker and him not even responding, not even announcing it properly etc.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:43 AM

wwe fan2009 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

yeah the match will happen. Cena calls him out one more time and he comes. I think one reason they are doing it this way, is they of course dont wanna overshadow Roman. this WM is built around him and winning the title