WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's Wrestlemania they want the "hype" factor but then again the Hardy's debuting last year kinda stole the show. But my guess is he will show up on Smackdown tonight and say the Deadman retired last year but the American Bad Ass has one more ride in him. Cena I'll see you in New Orleans and you better be prepared for the ass-whooping of a lifetime. Cena has cut some killer promos but this feud should've gotten proper build with Cena interupting him at the anniversary show. Taker needs an appropriate send off match with a victory for sure! Doesn't hurt Cena at all to take a pin here. I still think WWE lost a golden opportunity here for 2 matches. Cena vs. Reigns should've been held for this Mania and not last year's Summerslam. Buildup was garbage and a long wrestlemania season feud with Cena would've only helped solidify Reigns more. Shoud've them and Taker been the last 3 in the Rumble with Taker winning it. Taker then defeats Lesnar for the Title at Mania in New Orleans (avenges his Mania loss at same arena) and retires the next night on Raw. Fitting end to possibly the greatest WWE star of all time. What do you do with the Universal Title then??? 4 Qualifying matches on Raw that lead to the May PPV having the winners of John Cena vs. Stroman & Reigns vs. Samoa Joe at the PPV. Stroman defeats Cena, Reigns defeats Joe and you get Reigns vs. Stroman to kick off the new era at WWE Payback! Then after Reigns emerges victorious you have Lashley's music hit to end the PPV!!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:49 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Anything can happen in the WWE. That's what we are always told. And that's always the case at WrestleMania.

John Cena will face Undertaker at WrestleMania. Otherwise, we have all been unnecessarily, unfairly and sadly swerved. Unnecessary because it has wasted a good portion of time on Raw every week. Unfair because it has been a good build in my mind and it would be a waste not to amount to anything, never mind a waste on Raw every week where other guys could have used that time. And sad because the reality is that, if you are even the most casual fan, you've got to realise that WWE hardly ever explicitly discusses a big deal match in such a fashion as a challenge, and never have it materialise. It gets everyone excited for nothing and that disappointment is worse than just never going there and not having the match teased at all.

That's why I don't think this is an experiment. It is far too explicit a tease for nothing to happen. Taker's return, I presume, will be the big surprise of the event, like last year was the Hardy Boys. That is the way we have been led by WWE. For it to truly be that kind of experiment, WWE would surely just make no acknowledgment of either man. I get what you're saying, but I don't think anybody capable of making the pay-per-view purchase (or equivalent) is naive enough to believe something won't happen. And if I am completely wrong, and nothing materialises, then I have no idea what WWE are thinking.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:09 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

While I can still say that I'm not exactly looking forward to the match, I think the build has been intriguing. Taker has NEVER been absent or stayed silent the entire time during the build to WrestleMania, so this novelty way of building this match has been something of a fun departure. Will there be a match? Most definitely, but people will have to tune in to WrestleMania to be absolutely certain and I've little doubt that they will.

Since we haven't seen Taker since Raw 25, it leaves in question what his condition is or might be for the match. We're not expecting much from this match in terms of greatness, I think that's fair to say, but it has me wondering if Taker could do something that we haven't really seen from him the last few WrestleMania appearances: reach down deep and really pull out everything he has left and deliver a good, solid outing for himself inside the ring. I'm guessing no, but I could be wrong and part of the fun will be seeing if I'm right or wrong.

I'd have still preferred this match not to go down as my instincts, like those of many, is that Taker just won't be able to deliver. However, it's going to happen so I guess I might as well just hope for the best, or at least the best that we can hope for.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-03-2018, 01:31 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
While I can still say that I'm not exactly looking forward to the match, I think the build has been intriguing. Taker has NEVER been absent or stayed silent the entire time during the build to WrestleMania, so this novelty way of building this match has been something of a fun departure. Will there be a match? Most definitely, but people will have to tune in to WrestleMania to be absolutely certain and I've little doubt that they will.
I thought Undertaker did something similar for the build up to WrestleMania XX. I can't remember if there was lightning and thunder to represent his response, but I vaguely remember him not showing up till his entrance at WM XX.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 04-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I don't think that the WWE is experimenting per se, I think that they are fucking with us as a means of telling an avant garde storyline and as a means of making it that much more exciting for the crowd if The Undertaker does show up.

This reminds me of when Jericho was coming out with his lighted jacket and would come to the ring only to just up and leave. He got tagged into a six-man tag team match and fired up the crowd right before leaving.

Prowrestling feeds off of all kinds of publicity. If you tell your friends about how upset you are that you went to a show and The Undertaker didn't appear, you're at least telling other people about this crazy fun (but oftentimes stupid) world called prowrestling.

I've seen many plausible ideas for how the WWE is going to turn these moments of horseshit into gold, but for the moment we just have a pile of horseshit. I'm sure that if John and the Undertaker fight, they'll put on an amazing show. This has to be it though, no more pulling a Terry Funk and retiring ten times. Give us all the fun clichés that come with hanging up your boots, and then keep them hung up.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:39 PM

mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...

I have a bad feeling that with all the Cena questioning whether the Undertaker has a pair of balls or not that we won't get Undertaker The Phenom but Mark Calaway the Man.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:31 PM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the idea by shafe_41 of Taker showing up after Reigns wins to tease that confrontation but calling out John Cena. Puts him down like he did and challenges him to more of a fight. It's a good idea so WWE wouldn't probably do it LOL. But I want him to return as Biker/American Badass Taker since he symbolically retired the Undertaker gimmick last mania.

Otherwise Taker shows up or sends a message on Smackdown tonight or he shows up impromptu at Mania. Cena cuts a promo in the ring at mania or is shown in the crowd or something and Taker comes out as the American Badass, maybe on a motorcycle. Unless they are going to extend this storyline past mania in to a PPV or something bigger, maybe Taker's actual retirement match.

Last edited by Razz : 04-03-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:42 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...

I suppose there must be a reason they're doing this. It's 100% not an experiment to see how Wrestlemania goes with them. They don't need to do that. But I also don't think a Taker vs. Cena match is going to sell anything. You're either already watching Wrestlemania or not. At least that's what I think.

Maybe they're keeping it for an "unexpected things can happen at WM" feel. Who knows.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:13 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Well, I have just watched RAW and SD Live! for this week, and this was the last chance for Undertaker to respond to John Cena's challenge, and it didn't happen.

I don't get it. Usually when they do things like this, the one being challenged accepts it on the last show before the PPV, so that people will buy.

John Cena v Undertaker is a marquee match. John Cena v Undertaker fits as a Wrestlemania match. It isn't like they have had this match numerous times over the years. The last time Taker and Cena fought was back in 2003, 15 years ago. So it is fresh enough to do again.

Also, it is two icons of the industry. This is usually not only a match you would announce early on, but would promote to the moon, along with Angle/Rousey v Triple H/Steph, Roman v Brock and A.J. v Shinsuke.

Other years, they have had someone call out Taker and Taker not respond until last minute. I remember a couple of years ago, Bray Wyatt was calling out Taker for a match at WM31 for weeks. The difference is that Taker responded.

I hope this isn't going to be an impromptu match at Wrestlemania. I hope it isn't like some guy here said, where Cena cuts a promo at 'Mania, and then Taker comes out and chokeslams him. That isn't a match.

You know what I think has happened. I think Taker doesn't want to do the match. Maybe he is finally retired. In the past, Vince has enticed him to "one more match" and it has worked, but maybe Taker is too broken up, and wants to stop.

Taker's last appearance was at the 25th anniversary. He looked like hell. He was gaunt and skinny. Maybe he isn't fit enough.

I would not be surprised if they turn around and make Cena the mystery partner to Braun against the Bar. Maybe they didn't announce one earlier, in case Cena and Taker falls through, and it still means that Cena has a match at Wrestlemania 34.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:42 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Patrick Star View Post
I thought Undertaker did something similar for the build up to WrestleMania XX. I can't remember if there was lightning and thunder to represent his response, but I vaguely remember him not showing up till his entrance at WM XX.
Yeah, they did the whole supernatural thing with Taker but he never showed up in person to confront Kane or cut a promo. For this year, however, there hasn't been anything whatsoever. No lightning, no lights going out, not even the lights dimming. I guess there was always Taker's "presence" at the very least but there hasn't even been that this time around.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria