WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-20-2018, 09:56 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default Wrestlemania XXXIV - John Cena VS Undertaker?

Seems pretty inevitable at this point. They have put far too much effort in to it for it not to happen.

I'm not terribly excited. UT has looked pretty awful the past few years. I would rather see a character change than another mystic entrance.

What really has me rolling my eyes are Cena's promos. I was more excited about him sitting in the crowd, it made more sense. The promos against Taker are pretty nonsensical. He's calling an emotionless geriatric a coward. What's the point? Is anyone buying this? Cena is coming off like an idiot.

Someone explain this to me.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:40 AM

Ceen is looking to come up from OCW...

Wasn’t Taker Old-School and put over an uncoming talent? (even that talent is Roman)
Taker could life a enjoyable life, keeping himself in shape. Doesn’t need to train just for a match.
John should look after an other opponent...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

In reality I think we're going to see it, but it'll be American Badass Taker... the real clue is Kid Rock being inducted...so he'll be at Mania anyway to do the live version of the theme etc...

Does Taker even need to show up before Mania really? At this point, all they need to do is have Cena say he will be at Mania waiting...and if Taker doesn't show, he'll take the forfeit win... pure heel, but he's gonna be the heel in this match either way now... wait till the night and Kid Rock appears on the stage and raps American Badass as Taker rides to the ring.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

RAW in general has been lacking in the fun category, and this angle isn't helping for me.

I hate John Cena for a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest reasons is that he really can't figure out what he's supposed to be. He's the guy who goes out and grants wishes for Make-A-Wish and brings out a "Never Give Up" towel, he's the mid-2000s version of a top face. But then his opponents pretty much have to sit and spin while John assassinates their character in his promos. It can be debated if his opponents who lost their spot had anything to do with John tearing them down, but it became John's thing.

I'm part of a generation that remembers when, if a wrestler goes heel, they go full heel. They don't pretend to be a good person behind the scenes and bask in adoration for doing so. Everything that John is doing in regard to this match is what a heel would do, and I don't think that John or Vince realize that.

John failed in every way to get a match at WrestleMania, so he figures that he can challenge the Undertaker and thus be in a match. So... John only respects The Undertaker in that he's a cheap way to get a match at WrestleMania. I know that prior to the match at Fastlane, John was talking up challenging The Undertaker, but even then it obviously wasn't his top priority. He failed to win the title shot at Elimination Chamber, and he failed to win the belt at Fastlane, so... fuck it he'll just challenge The Undertaker and get a match that way.

John mocked The Undertaker for feeling "ashamed and embarrassed because of what people will say about him", which is a pretty fucked up assumption on John's part. The only source I've been able to find that suggests that The Undertaker is embarrassed for anything is kayfabenews.com. It would have been more meaningful if The Undertaker ever actually expressed any of these feelings in interviews, but so far we only have John Cena's ability to perceive how The Undertaker is doing.

I think that it's foolish to do a show where John calls out The Undertaker, and Kane comes out. At the very least, validate John's time by having some kind of sign that The Undertaker recognizes that he's being called out. For all we know, The Undertaker is living it up on a Carnival cruise and really doesn't give a flying fuck if John or the crowd in Dallas felt gipped. Kane is neat, but he's no Undertaker. I don't see Kane coming out as any kind of an answer regarding John's challenge, it seems more likely that he was just mad at John and had no idea how The Undertaker intended to respond.

I think that the WWE is thinking "We have always had The Undertaker spook potential opponents, why not have someone spook him?" John Cena vs The Undertaker doesn't excite me, and that promo didn't excite me. John's going to spend the entire time trying to make sure that The Undertaker doesn't die, and the match itself will likely not involve anything beyond seeing these guys do each other's moves to each other until eventually John gets a win over The Undertaker as penance for laying down for Strowman at Elimination Chamber.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:40 PM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

Pretty sure Cena is just doing what he is told to do guys.

Of course he will be the "heel" against UT, who isn't? Even Shawn Michaels was "heel" against Taker.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This angle has been lazy.. Undertaker couldn't even say a yes or a no? They totally run Undertaker to the ground. Taker would never hide behind the shadows. He should have been on RAW this past Monday. They ARE making him seem like a coward with no balls.

So why is Cena challenging Undertaker? Because is a dream match that fans want to see? Wow. Nice story. Undertaker comes off as a coward and Cena comes off as an annoying guy that because he didn't get anything at Wrestlemania, he gets Taker..

So Undertaker was Cena's 4th choice. The Rumble, EC and FastLane were all higher in Cena's list, but he just happened to remember about Undertaker. The story is stupid really.

He should have challenged Undertaker at RAW 25, Undertaker says no.. THEN Cena goes on to his journey.. and after Cena fails in everything, Undertaker returns to challenge him.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the idea of The American Badass coming back, the way The Undertaker left last WrestleMania was a fitting end to his career and I personally don't want to see him wrestle again, however, if this is to be Undertaker's last match then it has to be as The Phenom.

As for the match, I think The Undertaker wins, it gives The Phenom the send off he deserves with a victory against the biggest name in WWE for the last lot of years.

For Cena, it can be played as a terrible start to 2018, Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania defeats, Cena takes a couple of months off and goes and does whatever outside work he's got planned an keeps him off TV.

In the long run it's a build to this Cena comeback that leads to him becoming Number 1 contender for the World Title at WrestleMania XXXV, I think we're looking at a Reigns v Cena main-event, Reigns as Champ with Cena's career on the line in pursuit of that magical World Title bid to overtake Ric Flair.

So, Undertaker wins at WM XXXIV and retires.
Cena loses but gets his ultimate celebration at WM XXXV.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:46 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

Cena wants the man behind the gimmick, the man who will make John Cena famous...
Old 03-26-2018, 06:47 PM

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

I really, really don't wanna see him as The American Bad Ass again, ESPECIALLY if it's his last match. But with Kid Rock being there and Undertaker not making an appearance yet I'm worried that's what's gonna happen.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:50 PM

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMark View Post
Cena wants the man behind the gimmick, the man who will make John Cena famous...
That's already been done. The Deadman vs Cena has not, so it really can be considered a "dream match"