WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-09-2018, 05:35 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

That's your opinion and you have the right to it.

Personally, I thought this was one of the best mania they did in years.

They didn't have a bad match on the card and made the 5 hours fly by plus they keep the crowd awake for the whole show which is hard to do.

They prove that they can actually surprise fans with some of these outcome plus for the first time in years, no musical performance, no downtime between matches, and almost no overrun which was great. The kick off matches served a purpose for once and everything else got me interested in watching raw and smackdown this week to see where they are going.

So, for me, I would say this will make my top 10 greatest mania list as I truly enjoyed the show from beginning to end. If you didn't like the show, That's your choice but it was far from being pathetic.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:20 AM

HenryOGodwin is looking to come up from OCW...

It must be tough living live as such a Negative Nancy like most people on this site. I stayed off wrestlezone for the entire show because I knew most of you mopes would be pissing and moaning about everything. All in all it was an entertaining show.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:28 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

I have to disagree. Some shocking moments for sure but the card held up. And despite the boos the Reigns-Lesnar match was actually pretty good. The problem I have with it is where does WWE go from here with the Universal Title? You build up Reigns after he beats Stroman who gave Lesnar more issues than anyone and you have Lesnar pretty much destroy Reigns. So who is actually "worthy" of winning the strap from Lesnar now? I have a hard time seeing Lashley get the rub coming in after a long absence, maybe Braun but that remains to be seen. Just think they put themselves in a tough spot with the booking. Lesnar should've dropped the strap and depending on his contract negotiations could've always came back after Reigns but now your likely getting an extended stretch of no Universal Champ on Raw again.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:54 AM

damz07 is looking to come up from OCW...

My honest opinion us I thought the show was better than I predicted back on this thread earliet.

Apart from the Braun/Tag Partner issue which was pathetic, and dragging out the Taker thing whoch resulted in a poor stupid match showing an old man against a scared 15 time champ or whatever he is. Oh and the whole pancake shit going on was stupid.

The rest of the ppv was solid and the outcomes were far from predictable. I dont think anyone on these forums saw a Lesnar win. Charlitte beating Asuka was great and Rousey looked so much better then everyone anticipated.

I think last years was better but still a good solid 7/10 show.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:03 AM

Edwardannabell is looking to come up from OCW...

Complete and total bullshit. Wwe needs to get the belt off of brock Lesnar. Why the wwe would waste another wrestlemania main even on Lesnar vs. Reigns again and have reigns not win is beyond me. What that shows is wwe could really give a damn less about the universal title. I been watching wwe for over 20 years and this was one of the most disappointing main events I've ever seen. Brock is overrated no doubt about it.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:14 AM

damz07 is looking to come up from OCW...

Wouldnt be suprised if some how Lesnar drops it tonight to Reigns. Something always happens on the Raw after of course.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:46 AM

Ceen is looking to come up from OCW...

Wow, the worst Wrestlemania I've seen since I'm a Wrestling fan...

The Preshow was actually good, with Cedric, Matt Hardy and Naomi winning.
ATGMBR: Shocking Wyatt return, nice to see them teaming for a while.
CWC Final: It should have been in the Main Card. Without the IC match, my fav of the night...
WBR: Naomi won it, but Sasha vs Bayley is the obvious feud to look forward.
*Note: No CW division rather than the Final, I was the only who notice it? And Aiden shaved his hair between his and Rusev match.

The Main Show, wasn't that good... I have more complains about the order of the matches and how they where booked, rather than the results.

IC Triple Threat: Match of the Night. Really strong, protected Demon Balor, Seth looked savage at the end, Miz all over his character... Love it.
SD Women's: First things first, why was so early? It was a short match, a really bad end of Asuka streak, maybe as random as was Charlotte's PPV streak. Put them at the end, before the Main Event, make the women shine. They were able to do that.
US Fatal 4-Way:Cool match, a good mid-card match, I was hoping to see Rusev win, Jinder should be really good backstage to make it again. It seems like he is Orton's kryptonite. I'm looking forward for them, hopefully Randy is gonna win to even the score.
Kurt&Ronda vs Steph&HHH:Good match for being Ronda's first ever, and Kurt actually looks a lot better in the ring.
SD Tag Team Triple Threat: So short, so easy for the BB. The Usos and New Day looked so weak. They are destroying both divisions...
Cena vs 'Taker: Taker looked so good in the match. The angle was really good, the storyline was great, even we can expect Cena to interfere in some match... I hope he stills run for a while more, and Cena really make it look cooler despite of the lenght.
Owens&Zayn vs Shane&Bryan: Even I have to say I was expecting a heel turn or a double turn, it was a good match, not great, not conclusive, and that was what should have been if the result was gonna be that.
RAW Women's: Why this was here and not Charlotte vs Asuka? We have the Carmella factor running wild all the match, Nia looking dominant and Alexa being sneaky. Nothing special...
WWE Championship: (I was the only who saw the fail WWE Universal Champion, AJ Styles ?) Not the dream match like in NJPW, but in WWE, that match is probably happening more, so don't burn that bridge so fast. Loved Nakamura heel turn, as the "Artist" gimnick is so bad.
RAW Tag Team:No return, no debut, nothing. Braun is better than all the tag division? That makes it so weak... Sheamus is a World Champion, damn it! It was a PG moment and NOT a Wrestlemania moment.
WWE Universal Championship: Good match, shocked Roman is 0-2 on Brock. Hoping to see who dethrones him, as all the obvious options are gone now...
Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 AM
#SwerveKing
Knockout Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

Up front I'll start with what I say every year. WrestleMania is too long and it's impossible to sustain a crowd for 5 hours. But that aside.

This was a solid show that went off a fucking cliff in the main event. Just like Survivor Series.

The triple threat was the perfect hot opener, got the crowd fired up. Then Charlotte and Asuka killed it (in a good way) with probably the match of the night. That's 2 out of the last 3 Manias now where Charlotte has had the best match. Her match with Bayley and Sasha at 32, and now with Asuka at 34. Keep this up and she'll be Miss WrestleMania, and not the Santino Marella kind.

The Rousey match was a lot of fun, and the crowd was 100% into it so it worked. I liked Charlotte/Asuka a lot, and the fans were hot for it, but for the live crowd this was clearly the match fo the night. Ronda looked great, and they did the proper finish. Stephanie probably got too much offense in, but near the beginning when she was just hitting cheap shots for heat she was excellent. Not a fan of her somehow having a Jiu Jitsu game though. That was clearly just stupid vanity project nonsense and was embarassing to watch. If Ronda sticks with it I could see Ronda vs. Charlotte Flair for a Women's Title easily being one of the marquee matches at WrestleMania next year. Ronda was over as a babyface tonight, but in general she's not very likeable, and is kind of a piece of shit. So she's probably more suited to a Lesnar type heel role.

Speaking of fun, the Braun Strowman tag team partner segment was fucking awesome. People shitting on this are taking fake fighting way to seriously. You are the worst kind of wrestling fans. It was a handicap match, and the giant mosnter guy beat two guys at once. Simple. It doesn't bury Sheamus & Cesaro or the Tag Titles or whatever you idiots say. It puts over Strowman as unstoppable, and was a hilarious highlight for the show. The win will of course be removed from the record books on RAW because his partner was not of age to compete, and then Braun will have to find a new partner. Hopefully, this becomes his gimmick for a bit because it will get mega over. People will bring signs that say "pick me Braun" and it'll make him an even bigger babyface. They'll probably do the same thing on RAW tonight, but he'll pick a woman from the crowd and the win won't count again. THe people went crazy for this, it was one of the msot voer things on the show.

Styles and Nakamura was good, and was clearly the first part of a larger story. They didn't overdo the finishers and had a solid match. I figured Styles was going to win, but I did not predict the heel turn coming. That was a legit swerve and WrestleMania moment that sets up the rematch and will give Nakamura the added edge his WWE character needs. Most of his work in Japan he was a heel, and if they put him with paul Heyman as a mouthpiece on SmackDown it would be awesome. I expect Nakamura to win the rematch with Styles as a heel, then complete the trilogy possibly at next year's WrestleMania.

So Styles and Nakamura had a real wrestling match, and didn't overdo the finishing moves. Then we get to Reigns/Lesnar. Forget the fact that Reigns shooting on Lesnar was comletely counterproductive in the build and absolutely helped to kill this match, the fact is that Roman Reigns is never going to be cheered at WrestleMania ever. It felt like Nicholas was the road agent for this match and was jsut like "AND THEN! AND THEN! AND THEN HE KICKS OUT OF ANOTHER ONE!" All year, it took a single F5 for Lesnar to put guys away. Then Reigns kicks out of five of them. Go fuck yourselves. You can tell the same story with Reigns kicking out of one, maybe two, and then getting busted open earlier. It was just so stupid and became almost a parody of a WWE main event. Easily one of the worst handled main events in WrestleMania history. Impressive because their first match at Mania 31 was one of the best handled, best structred WrestleMania main events of all time. Lesnar winning means that it's going to be Bryan vs. Lesnar for the belt, probably at SummerSlam, which will be the ultimate David and Goliath match.

Overall a good show that left a sour taste in your mouth in the end and suffered because of it. Here's the lesson WWE needs to learn from this weekend: have a babyface and a heel. Seems pretty fucking straight forward. Look at all the best matches this weekend. Gargano vs. Ciampa in NXT had a true heel the fans all hated and a true babyface the fans all loved. And then the proper pay-off. That's how wrestling is most effective. In ROH you had Kenny vs. Cody, again a match the people were excited for and were into because it had a true babyface and a true heel. Even at WrestleMania, Triple H & Stephanie had fuck you heat and the people wanted Steph to get her arm broken. Now look at the big title matches for WrestleMania. Styles/Nakamura you had two babyfaes. Lesnar/Reigns you had essentially two heels, two guys getting booed. Wrestling is built on heat and comeback, you need a proper babyface/heel dynamic for that to work. Good babyface matches like Charlotte vs. Asuka are the exception to the rule, and the babyface mutual respect match is completely overdone in today's wrestling.

Also, Nia Jax should've squashed Alexa in like 2 or 3 minutes.

Last edited by Sexcellence of Sexecution : 04-09-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Show was bordering on being the most enjoyable WM's of all time before the last two main events.

I don't know what they do with Rousey from here but she stole the show. That was such a well booked and executed match that it could have been the mainest main event on the card and I would have not batted an eye. Stephanie was incredible in her role, she is clearly taking time away from the camera like last year. HHH was terrific, Angle didn't seem out of place for a second. Definitely his best performance since his return. But Rousey was the star. She hit her marks, told a good story and none of the discomfort that we've grown accustomed to showed once she came out.

Other than that most of the show delivered. The opener was slower than I expected but still highly enjoyable. Miz kept up just fine as Rollins continues his to be a guy who just goes out and puts on a good show. Charlotte and Asuka was terrific. It could have headlined its own PPV. Nia and Bliss was a very good story. They got more time than I expected and delivered a strong outing. The SD tag match was fun. I enjoyed the pancake thing. My kid thought it was great. He has never seen a little person before so that took some explaining.

Speaking of kids, I don't know why people are so upset about Braun. He basically fulfilled the dream of so many kids that ever watched pro wrestling. That was wonderful.

I will admit though that UT/Cena was terrible. UT looked good for the most part but that was the only nice thing about it. The rest was just bad. Really bad. That boot four inches from Cena's chin was a travesty but that was far from the only problem. I hope this is leading to something bigger for Cena or at least something different. Maybe him and Roman can join forces as heels. They have a similar story to tell. Nah, Cena probably will be too busy promoting other stuff.

US Title match was fine. I wasn't much invested in the match to begin with.

The main events were what they were. AJ and Nak wasn't bad, it just didn't meet my expectation. Clearly the point was to finally give them a proper feud in the near future as opposed to what they have been doing for the the past two months. Lesnar and Reigns was also fine but I was tuned out. I just struggle so much to enjoy Roman. I didn't need the blood at all.

Forgot to mention how great it is to have DB back.

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 04-09-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:21 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

My thoughts on Wrestlemania:-

Andre Battle Royal:- Gee, Mojo and Baron Corbin have really come on since winning this match (oh no they didn't, Mojo was in this match last year, and Corbin was in the Kickoff match last year now back on another kick-off match this year. That's upward progress

- I liked Matt winning and Bray helping him.

Mustafa Ali v Cedric Alexander- I would have been happy with either result.

Women's Battle Royal:- NOT the first Women's Battle Royal at WM (WM 25 has that honor) but at least a man in drag didn't win it this time. I think that either Sasha or Bayley should have won instead of Naomi. But this match did little for Becky Lynch.

Also, notice how Becky, Sasha and Bayley got their own entrances, but the others all came out together. Seperating the wheat from the chaff.

Main show

I am not familiar with the girls who sung "America The Beautiful" but they were pretty good.

WWE IC Title Match:- Happy no matter who won. I just hope that they don't turn Miz face because he is a doting father now.

SD Women's Title:- I thought that people here would be pissed off that Asuka lost the Streak. Two Streaks ended at two New Orleans WMs.

Also, I was convinced that Asuka would keep the Streak, they would have Ronda Rousey have a winning streak too, and then have them fight - Streak v Streak, and have Rousey beat Asuka.

I also thought that Carmella may cash in here, but she didn't.

WWE U.S. Title Match- What a year Jinder Mahal had. He should have won the Andre Battle Royal last year, then it would have meant something.

I am surprised that Rusev didn't win, since I thought including him in the match last was because they decided to put the belt on him, and because he and "Rusev Day" are really over at the moment.

Angle/Rousey v Triple H/Steph- I didn't know what to make of this match going in, but it was far better than I thought, especially the performance by Rousey and Stephanie.

Do you know that this is Stephanie McMahon's first ever Wrestlemania match?

This is MOTN and MOTY so far.

-The Bludgeon Brothers v New Day v Usos- Good to see Usos get on the main card at WM for once (it should have happened before now).

I knew that BB would win the belts.

-Undertaker v John Cena- Strange build-up and short match. But while some are scratching their heads about this, I might have a guess where this will lead to.

John Cena v Undertaker II -Wrestlemania 35.

I think it will be like Rock-Cena at WM27. Sometime in the next year, this match will be announced early, and it will be promoted a lot more.

Taker might be headlining the HoF next year, so I can them having at WM35 a Career v Career Match with Cena, Taker loses and retires.

If this leads to nothing, I will be very upset.

Nia Jax v Alexa Bliss- My brother pointed out that it is hard to believe that Bliss is such a bully to Nia, since Nia could crush her easily. He sees Nia more as a believable bully.

Bryan/Shane 'O Mac v Owens/Zayn- Good to see Daniel Bryan back. I knew that Shane would take the beating, and Bryan would get the hot tag. I tip that Owens and Zayn will jump to RAW tomorrow night, and hopefully beat Strowman and child for the RAW Tag-Team belts. The Draft Lottery can't come soon enough.

A.J. Styles v Shinsuke Nakamura- I knew that Nakamura would get live entrance music. Good match. Bit surprised that Nakamura went heel, since he is still cheered.

Braun Strowman and random child v The Bar- One of the most ridiculous, stupid, inane things I have ever seen. Now, I don't blame the kid, as it would be a thrill for him or her (get your hair cut).

But Strowman is one of the most over guys in the company, and the Bar had some MOTY candidate matches last year. Yet they and the belts are relegated to this.

I was tipping people like Chris Jericho returning, Rey Mysterio, even Alberto Del Rio (since he just left Impact. Or maybe some guy being brought up from NXT, or ROH, or Japan.

When Braun went into the crowd, I expected that he would came back with a big, burly guy, who then becomes a wrestler, like how Hillbilly Jim or Earthquake first got introduced.

But NOOOOOOO! They do something stupid like this.

I would have stuck Braun in the main event and make it a Triple-Threat, and Braun wins the Universal Title, to take it off Brock and keep it off Roman.

Maybe the Bar should have fought The Club v The Miztoruage v Titus International in a Fatal-4-Way. It couldn't be worse than this.

Whoever came up with this idea, to quote someone I thought would be Braun's partner:- "You stupid idiot! YOU'RE ON THE LIST!"

Brock v Roman- I don't get it. If Brock is leaving, why didn't the title change?

The only three explanations I can think of are:-

-Brock re-signed a new contract (which means that we have to put up with his bullshit absentee title reigns for more years).

-Roman is so unpopular that they didn't want to send the fans home unhappy (so then, how about instead putting Angle/Rousey v Triple H/Steph or Cena v Taker on last instead?)

-Roman got a concussion when he got opened up, and couldn't legitimately continue the match (again, like Summerslam a couple of years ago against Orton, ending the match prematurely because Brock works stiff and doesn't care about hurting talent).

Also, I HATED the staging this year. It looked ugly, and I am not a fan of indoor Wrestlemanias, and what was with the blue lighting on the crowd all night?

Overall, it started well, and I liked the first four matches, but then only DB/Shane v Owens/Sami and A.J. v Shinsuke after that. The other matches were forgettable, a bit dull, and the RAW Tag-Team Match was unforgivable.

Interested to see where they go with these angles going forward.