WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-20-2018, 09:13 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...
Default WWE WrestleMania XXXIV- General Discussion Thread

WrestleMania XXXIV is in less than three weeks, here's your projected FINAL card...

Quote:
Official WWE WrestleMania 34 promo poster featuring various wrestlers.
1 Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Heavyweight Championship
2 AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship
3 The Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor (vs. Samoa Joe?) for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
4 Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
5 Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
6 Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. Braun Strowman and Elias for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
7 Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali for the Cruiserweight Championship
8 Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon
9 WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal
10 Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn vs. Shane McMahon, TBD
11 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
12 Randy Orton(c) vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Bobby Roode for the United States Championship
13 The Uso's vs. The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day in a Ladder Match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships
14 (Career versus Career) John Cena vs. The Undertaker

This should be a fun show, I personally hope Sami vs. Kevin should remain one on one. IF Shane needs a match so bad, he should just fight Dolph, in a story to put the latter over. Now, it's too late for that obviously but regardless it'll be a great show. I expect Cena vs. Taker or Nakamura vs. Styles to close, I expect the SmackDown Tag Title bout or Lesnar vs. Reigns to open. Best match will likely be the SmackDown Tag Title bout, Nakamura/Styles, Charlotte/Asuka, Reigns/Lesnar or (IF it stays one on one) Owens/Zayn.

Expect the mixed tag match to be full of moments to protect Ronda's lack of ability, and Kurt's no longer having the ability. Could we see Ronda tap Triple H out? Could we see Triple H Pedigree Ronda? Could The Rock get involved in someway? Anywho, I expect some big reconciliation after the match where everyone is "friends again."

We may very well see the return of "The Demon" character as a Mania surprise. I would personally not book Joe for the match. Just let Balor get his WrestleMania moment by winning the IC Title in a bout between one of the biggest stars in WWE's current era, and a man that is ARGUABLY a legend in the game in The Miz. Have Samoa Joe win the ATGBR this year as a surprise entrant, then have him appear on the main card and ruin Balor's moment, by choking him out outta nowhere, following his big win. That could start a big feud for the IC Title going into the Summer months.

Cena vs. Taker? I expect Undertaker to win, even if "Career vs. Career" is the stipulation. Something tells me that Undertaker is still not going to truly retire. We believe so every year, but the man doesn't want to stop, and probably won't until he dies. Obviously, Cena isn't going anywhere either, but I've read on several outlets that Cena is not scheduled for anymore show's in 2018, with the exception of the 'Greatest Rumble Ever.' You never know with WWE, but I doubt they would be foolish enough to have Taker lose at another WrestleMania.

Heel Turn Heard Round The World? Could it happen? I doubt it, but after watching RAW last night, it should. WWE has done LITERALLY everything they've could with Roman. I don't blame Roman, or even WWE at this point. Fans just love to hate the guy, no matter how good he gets. During his promo last night, it went from all mixed reaction, to all cheers. They F'd it up with the sympathy angle with Roman, that has literally failed almost every time they've done it. After "You Deserve It" and "Goodbye" chants after a brutal assault like that, why should Roman be fighting for the fans? They don't give a damn about him. You can either have Paul turn on Brock for Roman, or a worked shoot Montreal screwjob type story with a double turn happening. If this goes down, it needs to close the show. Roman Reigns joining The Authority could be a nice angle to work with in the long run, the guy's a great heel. If Brock re-signs, have him off TV for months to sell it, before returning on some Matt Hardy type shit and destroying Roman.

The staff normally says:
Quote:
"Keep all talks of the WrestleMania in terms of fantasy booking, card speculation, who should go over, who shouldn't, etc. here."
Not my own wording, let's talk Mania!!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:00 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The only thing I really care to focus on here for WM is Brock vs Roman. I agree with most of what you said.

I don't blame Roman, he's doing the best he can in the position that (let's be honest) Vince wants him in. But it's no working they way Vince is hoping. Clearly, he wants him to be a super-over babyface like The Rock or Stone Cold were. That's NOT what the majority of the fans feel.

And I actually don't have any problem with Reigns being near or at the top of the card, but he clearly needs to go FULL-ON badass, ruthless heel so that the fans can actually focus their dislike for him with good reason!! Then, naturally, a more accepted crowd favorite can come up and face Reigns.

There is actually so much you could do with a full heel Reigns, but for some reason Vince doesn't see it or want it.

The quickest example of how full heel Reigns could work is just REVERSE the situation from Raw. Had Brock Lesnar been suspended, then showed up on Raw anyway, got cuffed, then attacked law enforcement, and Reigns came out and brutally attacked a defenseless Lesnar over and over again (and could even throw in an attack on Paul Heyman) ... you could imagine how HEAVY the boos and heat would be on Roman for that!

Then imagine the intrigue for Brock vs Reigns at WM? Just weeks away and fans can embrace, with good reason, their hate for Reigns as he has fully shown his heel nature, and fans can fully get behind Lesnar as just a bad-ass fighter who got totally defenselessly attacked. Even if he did show up on Raw when suspended, fans for Brock would accept that maybe he shouldn't have but would be more furious at how he got attacked by Reigns.

Instead, you have what actually happened. Clearly an attempt to gain mass sympathy for Reigns, but instead you have many fans cheering and enjoying it. Now, WWE has to try and go ahead with this sympathy angle were they want fans to feel sorry for Reigns and hope to see him get revenge on Lesnar ... when really most fans will be apathetic to Reigns' plight and just want to see him get beat again at WM ....

OR EVEN WORSE ....... fans who dislike Reigns already saw a brutal beatdown and now don't need to tune into WM to see Lesnar beat Reigns.

So, hopefully Vince sees and hears the response and prepares smartly to turn Reigns full heel at WM or right after on Raw, because otherwise.... man, it's going to be a helluva bumpy road for Vince trying to book Reigns as a babyface after WM!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:02 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The weird thing about this whole build up for wrestlemania is that they're three matches that seem could be the main event match of the show right now.

Reigns vs lesnar, The mixed tag match and cena vs taker and I wouldn't surprise if they call audible like last year and lesnar vs reigns doesn't get the last match of the night like previously reported in the dirt sheet.

Personally, I could see either the cena vs taker match or the mixed tag match get that spot this year since the build up for those match are as strong as the lesnar/reigns match.

In the end, I love that the order of the matches are not set yet and the main event will probably be decided at the last minute like they did last year.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

The road to WM, especially the main events, have been like driving south through Pennsylvania. Just not much to look at. Not just this year, it's more like every year that I can remember has been disappointing or directionless. Right now, I find myself enjoying Braun's feud and mystery partner. The Daniel Bryan news and segments last week were terrific and have added to whatever is going on with Zayn and Owens. Nia and Alexa have been good. The rest of the low and midcard has been ok.

But the main event builds have really been a struggle. Roman is now supposed to be a sympathetic character now after being the trash talker? That just doesn't feel right and he still doesn't do that good of a job in either role. Did Heyman hire those "US Marshalls" or are we supposed to believe Reigns got away with a serious crime? Cena's promos have been obnoxious. Are AJ and Nakamura even feuding? The Rhonda/HHH/Steph/Angle taped stuff hasn't been good but every time she is live things get really stiff.

And what did they do to her eyes last night?

I don't know. I hope others are enjoying. Maybe I'm not supposed to enjoy it. Mania and even the Road to WM do "sell themselves". These main events don't need much build, on paper they are pretty compelling and check boxes for all types of fans plus my opinion may not be the experience others are having but I am really struggling to enjoy this build.

Have are others enjoying the build?

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 03-27-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:24 AM

damz07 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Awful card

IMO this Wrestlemania will suck, the card does not have any thought behind it, the matches seem like they have been rushed together and apart from 1 or maybe 2 there has been very little build.

The majority of the matches have predictable outcomes, nobody cares about Roman vs Brock so this SHOULD NOT be the main event as we all know that Roman wins clean.

Cena vs Taker is 5 years too late, neither winning makes sense.

Rousey looks very awkward in the ring and will be carried through the match by HHH and Angle.

Three work horse matches of the show will be Charlotte vs Asuka, IC title match and the WWE title match. I'm looking forward to these three. However as a fan for over 25 years, and someone who spends thousands every year to travel from the UK to be there to watch it, I am actually ok with the fact I am missing my first Wrestlemania in 10 years.

That's how I feel guys lol....
Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

What matches get pushed to the pre show? After Dean Ambrosevhit dumped last year, nothing surprises anymore. They need piss break matches on the main card, but they can't push quality off the ppv.? I see 10 matches on the main card and 4 on pre show. Guessing those 4 will be the Cruiserweight title match, Andre battle royal, women's battle royal and US title match unfortunately.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:28 AM

Ceen is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
What matches get pushed to the pre show? After Dean Ambrosevhit dumped last year, nothing surprises anymore. They need piss break matches on the main card, but they can't push quality off the ppv.? I see 10 matches on the main card and 4 on pre show. Guessing those 4 will be the Cruiserweight title match, Andre battle royal, women's battle royal and US title match unfortunately.
Nah, both Battle Royals are going on the Preshow. Just for paying less royalties.

All the rest of the card is pretty strong, the only match is meh is Alexa vs Nia

I really hope to see the SD Tag Team Championship in a TLC match and Roman vs Brock being No Holds Barred
Old 04-01-2018, 04:53 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceen View Post
Nah, both Battle Royals are going on the Preshow. Just for paying less royalties.

All the rest of the card is pretty strong, the only match is meh is Alexa vs Nia

I really hope to see the SD Tag Team Championship in a TLC match and Roman vs Brock being No Holds Barred
There's no way that both battle royal are going on the Kick off, especially since the second hour is being broadcast on USA. Their going to have at less one big match on that second hour like they did last year with Ambrose and corbin.

So looking at both Battle royal, which one is the most important of the two. I feel the women's battle royal as more going for it so you put that to open the second hour of the kick off and since this one is more about bayley and Sasha and fans watching on USA will know what's going on with that and have the U.S title four way as the main event of the kick off show. As for the andre the giant battle royal, use it as a buffer match between 2 of the three big main event matches to give the crowd a rest and can go to the bathroom or something like that because the show is at less 7 hours long if you count the kick off so you need matches on the main card that will serve that purpose, plus you also need buffer matches between the big matches because in years past, they would put big matches back to back near the end of the card and big the third one, nobody was reacting because they were spent from reacting to the other matches so using a battle royal will help cool down the fans so that you get the desired reaction for the big matches.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:59 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

They announced earlier tonight that the Cruiserweight Championship match between Cedric Alexander & Mustafa Ali and both the men's and women's battle royals will be on the kickoff show.

The Cruiserweight Championship match is no surprise, nor is the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal but I'm a little surprised that the WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal will be on the kickoff show. I'm sure someone might raise some sort of stink about it as WWE is in the middle of the whole I am woman, hear me roar thing. Still, between two women's championship matches and Ronda Rousey & Stephanie McMahon being three high profile matches on the main card, the fairer sex is more than adequately represented.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-03-2018, 12:24 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Great, the cruiserweights get to wrestle in front of a crowd of 500...