WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-11-2017, 05:36 PM
The D.G.A.F.F.O.O.O. Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

mral82 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

In the Short Term it's going thru Growing Pains as PPL Forget that Anthem had to pay off Billy Corgan and whatever else TNA was in Debt for. Yeah PPL lost their Jobs as in you go back during the Wars of WWF and WCW the WWF had to Release a Big Chuck of Talent in Shot Term Game but them like 20 guys went to WCW or ECW as Filler PPL. So Hopefully Impact! will be alright as you also do know that TNA was paying to be at Universal Studios in Florida where all they made was off Merchandise and not Ticket Sales unless they did like Special Meet and Great Packages so In reality they lost alot of money. So yeah Anthem moved the Promotion to it's home base just like Sinclair did w/ ROH by only Airing their Weekly Shows on their Affliates. As also the WWE has also given away Free Tickets or Dropped Some Seats for as low as around $15-20 as in the Cheap Seats. So if Anthem did that like Charged like $15 for the Cheap Seats and ranging up to $50 for like Ringside they'd be fine. As now they can make money off Seats and not lose as the WWE Moves PPL for the Hard Camera Side if not enough show up and move them to the TV Side so it looks like it's fuller on TV but in reality they lost a lil bit of money or whatevs from Tix Sales so all I CAN SAY IT TAKES TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY. Heck even NJPW does the Free Tix Thing by the looks of the Crowds.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:30 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mral82 View Post
In the Short Term it's going thru Growing Pains as PPL Forget that Anthem had to pay off Billy Corgan and whatever else TNA was in Debt for.
Yes. They pretty much bought the company by assuming TNA's and Dixie's TNA-related debts.

Quote:
So Hopefully Impact! will be alright as you also do know that TNA was paying to be at Universal Studios in Florida where all they made was off Merchandise and not Ticket Sales unless they did like Special Meet and Great Packages so In reality they lost alot of money.
This is a point we forget--TNA had to pay Universal to rent the Impact Zone(s). When they moved from Nashville, they leased the building full-time. They left the original Impact Zone, and when they came back I don't know if they rented it full-time or just booked it for their tapings. But you're right, that's a cost they don't have to pay anymore.

Is renting a bingo hall and paying fans to fill it cheaper than renting the Impact Zone? I dunno.

Quote:
So yeah Anthem moved the Promotion to it's home base just like Sinclair did w/ ROH by only Airing their Weekly Shows on their Affliates. As also the WWE has also given away Free Tickets or Dropped Some Seats for as low as around $15-20 as in the Cheap Seats.
Cheap seats, or even free tickets, is not the same as paying "fans".

Quote:
So if Anthem did that like Charged like $15 for the Cheap Seats and ranging up to $50 for like Ringside they'd be fine.
The problem is, TNA/Impact/GFW/Impact have historically had trouble getting any meaningful number of fans to pay $15 for a ticket.

Quote:
As now they can make money off Seats and not lose as the WWE Moves PPL for the Hard Camera Side if not enough show up and move them to the TV Side so it looks like it's fuller on TV but in reality they lost a lil bit of money or whatevs from Tix Sales so all I CAN SAY IT TAKES TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY. Heck even NJPW does the Free Tix Thing by the looks of the Crowds.
"It takes money to make money" is true. It's also the slogan of every outfit that has gone belly-up when they run out of money before they start making money.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

yur_momma is a member of the JOB SQUAD

kind of on topic: just watched the new episode of joe rogan experience and billy corgan is the guest. the first ten minutes or so is the billy/tna discussion and his purchasing of nwa....interesting to hear.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:38 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If they are paying people to fill out seats wont that stop others from buying tickets? I'm not buying a ticket when i could have got a free one had I waited. TNA are going to be in a standoff with fans and its gonna be a who blinks first kinda deal
Old 11-11-2017, 11:58 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Seriously I don't even know where they will be able to hold the shows here. The Air Canada Centre is out of the question, it's the home of the Maple Leafs and Raptors. The Ricoh is the home of the Toronto Marlies and forget the Rogers Centre.

Plus all of these places would be hugely expensive and I'm not sure that they could even afford to pay the fees. The only place I can think of is the Mattamy Athletic Centre, the third floor of the old Maple Leaf Gardens. It can hold about 1,600 people, but I'm not sure that TNA could even get that many people out.

They would have to heavily advertise the shows and make the tickets prices very attractive. Considering the dismal job they did of advertising their last PPV in Ottawa, I'm not sure this venture will work.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:57 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I would love this company to tape shows in Toronto. Or any other Canadian city which has plenty of wrestling fans. Ottawa just didn't work well enough for the regular tapings. The PPV was surely sold out but there are only 2 PPVs in a year. So, they will be sold out or rather should sell out easily.

Doing some less taping would be better as well. I know that it would take some more money but how about keep the tapings only for weekend? People are more bound to come on weekends than week days.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:09 AM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
If they are paying people to fill out seats wont that stop others from buying tickets? I'm not buying a ticket when i could have got a free one had I waited. TNA are going to be in a standoff with fans and its gonna be a who blinks first kinda deal
Well, since their current demand for tickets is close to zero, reducing demand for tickets isn't a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Seriously I don't even know where they will be able to hold the shows here.
I munched the "in Toronto" part, sorry. ROH runs shows every year or so in the Ted Reeve Arena, has claimed sellouts with 1500 tickets.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:49 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
I munched the "in Toronto" part, sorry. ROH runs shows every year or so in the Ted Reeve Arena, has claimed sellouts with 1500 tickets.
Yea but ROH does advertise their shows pretty well. Plus they only come once a year or so and put on a damm good show. Most of my friends who have left the WWE behind have gone to ROH instead of TNA. I just don't think TNA or Impact whatever you want to call them, can do as well as ROH does. ROH has bigger names on their roster and they put on better matches.

Four of my friends and co workers who went to the last ROH show not long ago, did tell me it was sold out or very close too.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:06 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Yea but ROH does advertise their shows pretty well. Plus they only come once a year or so and put on a damm good show. Most of my friends who have left the WWE behind have gone to ROH instead of TNA. I just don't think TNA or Impact whatever you want to call them, can do as well as ROH does.
Probably not. BUt you said, where would they hold the shows, and you were thinking of NBA/NHL level venues, or the former Skydome, or the outdated coliseum where the AHL team plays. I remembered that ROH did shows in Toronto (I was pretty sure anyway), so I looked up where.

Anthem should be looking at 1000, 1500 seat venues to tape in. They still won't fill them easily, but it's a lot easier to get a 1000 seat theater half-filled than a 10,000 seat arena. (Also a lot easier to fill or half-fill it for two or three days of tapings in a row than six days in a row.)

Old 11-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Here we go again with this saga. Some solid points have been made about this, more so negative than positive. For starters, the crowd issue. It will no doubt be a difficult task if indeed they want to do tapings over a five day period (correct me if I got this wrong). Secondly, the issue with some of the talent having difficulty going back and forth into Canada. Now I'm sure there are plenty of up and coming talent in Canada that could be called upon in a pinch, but the key is a big name. Right now, who the biggest Canadian talent they have aside from Petey Williams? It seems that Anthem is swinging for the fences with Impact, and I don't know what could be done if this effort falls through.