WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-07-2018, 08:06 AM

Ceen is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Very Average View Post
I remember reading an article a while ago saying that Raw should stay largely as it is with the WWE titles (WWE World, IC, Tag, Womens) and Smackdown and NXT should Merge and have NXT titles (NXT Heavyweight, NXT Tag, NXT Womens, NXT US title). This would in effect kill off the brand extension as the main roster would simply have been Raw, the other show would be Smackdown/NXT combined. WWE Raw would have a monthly PPV as would NXT, the NXT shows would be on a Saturday. Smackdown/NXT would still be the minor leagues and getting called up to WWE Raw would be the major leagues.

Thoughts?
The brand split is already dead... Just look at Backlash. The WWE title is lost on the upper midcard. For me, adding a midcard title on RAW, for more low-card, and keep NXT as the "global/indy" brand, so we can have NXT US, NXT UK (Europe), NXT JPN (Asia), NXT MEX (Spanish/Latin) as the 4 brands (which I think is actually HHH plan)
I like your idea, but I just keep RAW and SD with all the "TOP" (WWE, IC, US, Universe [Network/Internet championship], WWE Tag, CWC, Women WWE, Women IC or Tag), and NXT with all the brands.
I like also the NJPW idea of 2 shows on the same Weekend, on can be build as the PPV (Sunday) and the other as a "Special", with more lower card, and as NXT PPV are only 5 a year, have the top NXT titles there too.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote