WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Slightly off topic, but his name was mentioned, so I will go there. Why do people still listen to Dave Meltzer anymore anyway?

I hear all the time Meltzer report something, people here comment, and then it turns out Meltzer is wrong, yet the next time he says something, the same people believe him again.

It is like all media today. The public don;t hold them accountable enough for their mistakes. Maybe because the media are an echo chamber to the disenchanted, and say back to them what they already think, and people will never disagree with someone who has the same opinion of them.

I don't believe this story anymore than a hundred other Meltzer stories. He is just some hack journal who can write something like this, and unless a wrestler or something verifies the story, Meltzer can write any crap and get away with it.

I mean, people believe him about the Wrestlemania III attendance "lie", that there were only 70,000 instead of 93,173. But unless he counted each person, how can he know if it is true or not, so should give the benefit on the doubt. Instead, he disputes it, because he wants to make WWE look bad.
They listen to him because the guy has over 20 years covering MMA and wrestling news. Like someone else said, he can only write about the information he gets and with that long in the business, he has to have some well placed sources somewhere. Sure some of what he says doesn't happen, but a lot of what he reports on does.

Now I'm sure the WWE has a times given out false information and or changed their minds, but he is a reporter and his job is to write about what he hears. I'm sure the guy isn't making it up as he goes. For me I read what he writes and then make my own decisions on it.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Cass' political views should not matter on his working environment. What should matter is his attitude against fellow co-workers and his boss. If that is fine, then Cass should not have a problem and the rest of the locker room should just shut the hell up.

About Enzo.. well, it all depends whether he is a moron or not. If he really didn't like the fact that he and Cass broke out and he really did make a fuss out of it, then he's a moron and should be treated as one. Nobody likes big mouthers and "me" people. Imagine having to travel 24/7 endlessly, get no sleep, deal with all the pain wrestlers are dealing with, have to be in top notch shape for 10 years straight and also have someone like Enzo around you. You'd snap, too.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:21 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Meltzer only reports to the information that is given to him and with how Vince McMahon changes his mind on plans spontaneously it's not surprising that Meltzer gets things wrong when predicting angles.

But there were times he was right before. He was right about Roman Reigns in line of a big push even before it became obvious. He was right about the WM33 card and how most of the matches were shaped. So there were things he was right about.

As for Meltzer I listen to him mostly on his views on the business and historical events. For the most part he's pretty sharp on this. He does provide a lot of great insights in the industry that most people can't.

Also let's face it, love him or hate him knowing the backstage stuff had made up appreciate pro-wrestling a lot more than we could have otherwise.

And I always found Meltzer to be fair when it comes to his views on the WWE. He defended the decision for going Sid/Hogan and Savage/Flair at WM8.
Who says that information has been "given" to him?

I am amazed at how many "leaks" there are around. Either there are a lot of people who are terrible at keeping secrets, or it is coming from the source known as "I. Madeitup".

I think a lot of stories are from an active imagination, and maybe other substances to enhance their thoughts. Besides, they can say anything, and as long as it gets "clicks", then there is no consequence to what he says.

I could pick many of the matches months out, because some builds for WM happen around Survivor Series the previous year. Also, they plan WM a few months in advance, so it is easy to guess close to the pin what most of the matches will be.

Also, I disagree with him about Savage/Flair, and Hogan/Sid at WM8. Hogan v Flair was the most anticipated match at the time, and would have done massive money. WWE only didn't do it because of Hogan's politics, not because Vince didn't think of doing it (in fact, I remember reading in WWF magazine that Hogan v Flair had been booked for WM8, but, between then and the night of the show, Hogan played politics, and the match never happened until WCW did it for "Bash At The Beach 2004".

So I can't see how Melzter can defend not having a match between the two biggest wrestling icons of the 80's at Wrestlemania.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote