WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-17-2017, 02:11 PM

Jericho91 is looking to come up from OCW...

Talking Smack wasn't boring but what pissed me off about it was how they had superstars in there cut much better promos compared to the main shows. That never made sense to me. But then again, what do they do that ever made sense lol ?

Last edited by Jericho91 : 07-17-2017 at 02:14 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:54 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
It was a great show, and clearly you're in the minority.

It allowed for actual character development and some great mic work. It basically revived The Miz's career.

And most of the promos are NOT scripted. That's the entire point. Do you even watch the show?
1) It's okay. I can take or leave it.

2) Some people on it were great. The Miz, Kevin Owens and Alexa Bliss are particular stand-outs, but then, they are great on the mike regardless. It really depends on who you interview. Often, the post-PPV one will have the night's winners, and we have to endure someone like Naomi or Tamina, just because they won, not because they have anything worthwhile to say.

So, I could take it or leave it, depending on who they have on that night. But if "Talking Smack" doesn't exist, I won't feel a massive void in my life, as I can still hear the Miz, Owens or Bliss in promos on their respective shows anyway.

3) How do you know it isn't scripted?

What I have heard is that Vince is paranoid about what is said or done on-screen. The days of Austin or the Rock improvising their own promos, and only having cliff notes written on their wrist to guide them, is over. Now, everything is regulated or controlled. Vince has sponsors, advertisers and other interests to think about, so he treads carefully nowadays. Hell, you can tell that everything Michael Cole says is fed to him by Vince in the gorilla position.

So, if everything else is scripted and planned within an inch of its life, then why would some 15-minute sit-down interview program be any different, especially considering that the times I have watched it (and I have watched it) I hear at least one interviewee (usually one not as sure of themselves as a talker) recycle the same things they were forced to say in a promo earlier that night on "Smackdown". If it was their own thoughts, wouldn't it differ from what they said on the show?

The reason it may feel unscripted is probably more to the acting of some of the talent, who are more confident stick-wise, so it sounds like they are saying what they really feel, rather than just saying things that are scripted.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote