WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-07-2018, 03:36 PM

SmarkApologist is looking to come up from OCW...

My heart says yes , Taker was one of my idols growing up. I was so fascinated by his character, he was truly larger than life . However every year he seems to look weaker and weaker which is sad to see. Taker owes us and the company nothing. A HOF induction will do.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:50 PM
WZCW Elite Openweight Champion
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Honestly, no. At this point it serves no purpose for The Undertaker to wrestle again. Ever since his Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak ended, his matches have taken a huge decline in quality. When comparing Wrestlemania 29 to Wrestlemania 30 there was a very noticeable difference in what Undertaker was able to do in the ring. The Lesnar feud in its entirety was awful, including the terrible match Lesnar had against Undertaker at Summerslam in 2015. Only their final match at Hell In A Cell 2015 was worth watching. The entire thing was a humongous waste of time. I said it when Lesnar ended The Streak and I still stand by my same statement. Lesnar was the absolute worst option to end The Streak. He didn't need it. He would be believable in a heel monster role no matter what he does. This is the only reason Undertaker wrestling again after the end of The Streak is justified. The WWE made a mistake. Had someone who benefited from ending The Streak been the one to end it, then that would have been the perfect time to end Undertaker's career. Unfortunately as we all know, that did not happen.

That brings us to the other three matches that The Undertaker has had at the biggest show of the year after his Streak ended. Could Bray have been better off ending it? Maybe 3 years ago at Wrestlemania 31, but Bray hasn't exactly had the best run on the main roster though. That's a whole other topic. The Shane match had a cool spot with Shane diving off the cell, but otherwise sucked. Then we have Roman Reigns last year. As much as many fans including myself have shown their dislike for Reigns' push, at least he benefits from being the only one other than Lesnar to defeat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. After the match The Undertaker took off his gear and walked away. I agree with those who have stated that this was a good ending. Why should he wrestle again when he has nothing to prove? We have to keep in mind that Mark Calaway is a human being. The very obvious lack of being able to go in the ring anymore is there. No matter how much fans want to ignore it. For the sake of his real life health, I do not think he should wrestle again. If he thinks he can go and is cleared, that is fine. There are fans who would cheer for it. Why go through with that when he had such a good ending last year? It's a no for me.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:01 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I would love to see Undertaker again, but not in a wrestling ring. There is no doubt about it but that first gong combined with the smoke is enough to send the crowd into a frenzy. Heel or face fans have loved Undertaker for what seems like ever, but everything good thing has to come to an end.

Undertaker has entertained us for years, now is the time for others to rise up and take over the reigns and let the guy retire in peace. Once the streak ended I honestly thought that was it, we would never see him again, well until his Hall of Fame speech. The match with Bray Wyatt wasn't one of his best, and last year with Reigns, I was kind of feeling sorry for him that he had to go through it again. Reigns didn't need the rub, Wyatt needed it more but that was not to be.

No, it's time for fans to as I said earlier let him go. He's done enough for the sport and put together a streak that should never be broken.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Spidey hit the nail on the head for me. Last year may have been the perfect ending for some but for me it wasnít. I still donít even believe he has retired, Iím expecting this match to happen and I think there was always some hope by WWE that Taker could wrestle one more time, otherwise I donít know why they left the door open so much. Just come out and say his career is over. That was always my problem with how Taker went out. Kayfabe wise it didnít make sense for him to get a retirement speech or whatever but like every other legend who has gone before him, his last match shouldíve not just indicated it could be his last match. Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Edge, Daniel Bryan and Lita are just some examples of their last match being acknowledged either before or after to let the fans know. I bet WWE is going to say when itís Big Shows last match is. Sure none of them have gimmicks like the Deadman, but I think the WWE universe would at least like some closure. Plus I would like to see him have one more match because I want to see him go against John Cena one more time.

Last years match wasnít pretty, you donít want to see someone move the way Taker was in the ring. He could barely bend in a chokeslam, but if Iím mistaken he was really banged up and needed a hip replacement among other surgeries. Doctors typically say you wonít be able to run again after a hip replacement, but I think thatís more for the older people. Taker isnít young but at least he isnít 60 odd. A lot of people still do physical exercise after a hip replacement and Taker could certainly just do his normal moves which doesnít require to much fluidity anyways. Takers match doesnít have to be a 5 star match for me, all he needs to do is hit his punches, maybe a sidewalk slam and a tombstone to end it, Iíll be happy with that. John Cena can carry the rest of the match. Cena has a wide move pool and I think he could make it work with Taker and still make the match enjoyable.

So a combination of wanting a bit of closure, for him to go up against John Cena even if it is 10 years too late and just being a fan of Taker makes me want to see one more Undertaker match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 01-07-2018, 11:44 PM

NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...

I definitely want to see Undertaker back only if he is healthy enough to do it. I see the majority of those who disagree say that he shouldn't either because the streak is over and/or he's 53. I don't see why either one of that matters.

First, just because one story line ends doesn't mean you can't start another. First, when Undertaker lost at last years Wrestle Mania it was his 2nd in 25 Wrestle Manias. Those two loses were against two of the toughest guys, Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. Who hasn't lost to those two? Also, I saw that Undertaker has 99 PPV victories and why not have him come back to get his 100th PPV victory.

Second, who cares he is 53. He is an old school wrestler and even though he isn't as good as he once was, he is still a Wrestle Mania attraction and tough as they come. Ric Flair wrestled until 59 and Terry Funk, at age 73, is still wrestling. Undertaker reminds me of a Clint Eastwood or John Wayne character. Both those guys were tough characters no matter what their age was. You can even have an angle where wrestlers and others pleading for him to stop but saying he is going out on his own terms.

To me last years Wrestle Mania may have been the last we saw of the Dead Man, but would still love to see Undertaker wrestle until he decides to call it quits. We might get more of an American Badass Undertaker, but for his age I think it fits him better. Wrestle Mania was Hulk Hogan's for the first nine and still holds the record for most main events at 7 (technically 8 if you count WM 9 ending), but Undertaker holds the most WM wins and in my opinion will be remembered more when looking back at history.

I'd rather see the Undertaker wrestle than retire before he is ready. Even though he can't compete like he used to and he is close to twice the age of most current guys he is still a draw. It'll be a sad day when Undertaker is gone and not at Wrestle Mania, but I don't think we've seen the last of him.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:28 AM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Would I personally like to see Undertaker fight again? Yes. And I'd be willing to bet that the majority of his fans feel the same way. It has been mentioned already, but the match with Reigns at Mania 33 left a bad taste in the mouths of many. Whether it's the feeling that Reigns was undeserving of a win on such a grand stage, or the feeling that Undertaker shouldn't be type of performer to retire on his back, that match just felt so hollow. Perhaps it's also the feeling that there's still so much more that the Undertaker could have given us that we haven't gotten to see: a showdown with Sting, a match with John Cena, a duel with Braun Strowman. All possible. Unless forced due to health reasons, retirements in wrestling are rarely permanent. How many times have Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair "retired?" No one is going to think anything less of Undertaker if he chooses to wrestle one more match.