WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-08-2018, 03:57 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk View Post
I think it's less to do with crowd being not interested and more to do with the show being after Smackdown. 205 live would be hell of a more effective if it begins the night for the crowd. By the end of SD, they have pretty much seen all the big stars and exhausted. The crowd can certainly appreciate a well constructed match if it's before exhaustion sets in.
But the problem with that is quite simple, If you put 205 live before the Smackdown taping, they're a pretty good chance that one of 2 things will happen. Either a) the fans won't show up early to see the 205 live taping or b) fans will be so exhausted for watching the 205 live matches that they won'T responds to your main product.

So that kinda the problem they have right now with 205 live especially if they want to present it as a completely different type of product. You really can't have a wrestling show either follow or precede a sports entertainment show. That's 2 completely different type of crowd. NXT works because it's a wrestling show that attract wrestling fans, 205 live is becoming more of a wrestling show now so put it with the wrestling show.

The other problems you have is that the cruiserweight division as a whole, is still looked at as a lower mid card act. The fact that they don't stand out on Raw, are pretty much the main event of main event every week and are pretty much relegate to the pre show on every ppv doesn't help the perception of the division for the normal fans, to them, you can have all the 5 stars matches you want, if they don't connect to the characters, they won't react to the matches. That's why Kalisto vs lince dorado had some great reaction throughout there match and Roderick vs Hideo didn't. Kalisto and Lince are characters that look like superheroes and do stuff that nobody else can do so fans of all ages will react to that and connect to characters like them, Roderick is a great wrestlers and he had a great match with hideo but he's just plain boring. What character trait does he have that will make fans connect to the character? That's kinda the problem with most of the cruiserweights at the moment, they are great wrestlers but they need to be more then that to connect with the majority of the fans in attendance.

In the end, until you're able to change what fans thinks of the cruiserweight division in general, it won't matter if you have great matches every week because you're always get the same reaction every week no matter where they tape the show. They need to take them away from Raw because it sure doesn't help them being there and just start the whole project from scratch as a extension of NXT instead.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:03 PM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

A step in the right direction but their no where near what it was during the classic. If they're gonna continue with 205 Live then put it at Full Sail or wherever else they're taping NXT. That is the crowd type that the Classic was in front of and needs to be. Casuals just won't care for guys like a Gulak, Neese, Dorado, Metalik, Gallagher, etc. Especially if they continue to go on after SD is over. The crowd is tired and not gonna pop big for these guys after having seen AJ, Nakamura, Orton, Bryan, Owens, etc. Make the tapings at Full Sail or just scrap 205 weight class and bring those guys under NXT banner and make NXT 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Hell, they already have guys like Strong, Bate, Dunne, etc versus cruiserweights anyways. Plus, it gives a midcard title in NXT as you could also include guys like Adam Cole, Eric Young, Lio Rush, the incoming Ricochet, Ciampa, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly, etc. Imagine having it in NXT and then them bringing into NXT guys that didn't sign who were in CWC like an Ibushi and Sabre Jr
Old 02-14-2018, 04:07 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I was watching 205 live this morning and again, same thing that happened the previous week, you had 2 really good matches that no one seem to cares about. So it go me thinking, since pretty much the entire division is perceive as nobodies from the fans maybe with the exception of Kalisto, who could you bring into the 205 live brand to give it more star power and actually have the fans interested in what's going on within the division now. So what i come up with might not be a popular thing but how about putting Finn bālor into the tournament.

I Feel that if a big upper mid card guy that won the universal championship would be willing to show up and wrestled in the cruiserweight division, it would get the fans attention and help the rest of the division a shine they desperately need right now.

Here how i would do it, How much guys they want to put in this tournament but let's just say that's it's a 32 man tournament. Next week you already got you're 2 match planned but at the end of the night you announce next week matches. Let's say the first match is between 2 NXT guys and the other match is announce as a NXT guy vs a mystery opponent. Then on next weeks show, you have the first guy arrive for the main event and then have Drake maverick come out and mention how he was able to make a deal with Raw GM Kurt Angle so he could use this superstar in the cruiserweight title tournament, the light goes out a finn's music hits. the crowd goes wild for this reveal and just have Finn go through to the finals with somebody that'S less of a star like Cedric Alexander and you let Alexander win the title on the main mania card. That way, you just made a new star for the 205 live brand and at the same time you made fans discover the new version of the 205 live brand because the only way this thing will get over is with star power pretty much like how NXT got over because of the star power they had.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:54 PM
WCW TV Champion

it might be just me but did 205 live this week feel like they we're slowly going backward with the same formula they had before. Plus does the tournament really feel special anymore since all the big stars that should be in the finals are on one side of the bracket and guys that i would have put in the finals if my life depended on it are on the other side.

You look at the line up for the rest of the tournament.

Next week you got : TJP vs cedric alexander: wrestlemania worthy match
Roderick strong vs kalisto: wrestlemania worthy match
the winners will face each other in 2 weeks which whatever the combination is a wrestlemania worthy match.

On the other side you have mustafa ali vs buddy murphy and drew gulak vs mark andrews. Are either of these four guys screaming wrestlemania participant? Not really

The more i watch this, the more i feel like this final will be a kickoff match put in the dead slot of the show when nobody will be in the stadium yet which for a rebranding of the show is a terrible spot to put it in but the more they advance in the tournament the more i feel like this will just be yet another letdown cruiserweight match that got no importance, i really hope i'm wrong about this but when you put all you're mania worthy matches on tv, it doesn't give me high hope.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:24 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
it might be just me but did 205 live this week feel like they we're slowly going backward with the same formula they had before. Plus does the tournament really feel special anymore since all the big stars that should be in the finals are on one side of the bracket and guys that i would have put in the finals if my life depended on it are on the other side.

You look at the line up for the rest of the tournament.

Next week you got : TJP vs cedric alexander: wrestlemania worthy match
Roderick strong vs kalisto: wrestlemania worthy match
the winners will face each other in 2 weeks which whatever the combination is a wrestlemania worthy match.

On the other side you have mustafa ali vs buddy murphy and drew gulak vs mark andrews. Are either of these four guys screaming wrestlemania participant? Not really

The more i watch this, the more i feel like this final will be a kickoff match put in the dead slot of the show when nobody will be in the stadium yet which for a rebranding of the show is a terrible spot to put it in but the more they advance in the tournament the more i feel like this will just be yet another letdown cruiserweight match that got no importance, i really hope i'm wrong about this but when you put all you're mania worthy matches on tv, it doesn't give me high hope.
Gulak has been one of the best characters in the entire company this year, Murphy is in fantastic shape and is a fresh face that deserves to be in a top spot, Ali is a guy they are highly invested in. Gulak vs Neese was absolutely fantastic last week and Ali vs Gallagher had a great match that told an even better story. The matches in the tournament have had more meaning and felt more important than any single match on Raw or Smackdown. TJP and Kalisto are bottom feeders and if either one was in the finals it would most certainly be preshow bound.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:43 PM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
Gulak has been one of the best characters in the entire company this year, Murphy is in fantastic shape and is a fresh face that deserves to be in a top spot, Ali is a guy they are highly invested in. Gulak vs Neese was absolutely fantastic last week and Ali vs Gallagher had a great match that told an even better story. The matches in the tournament have had more meaning and felt more important than any single match on Raw or Smackdown. TJP and Kalisto are bottom feeders and if either one was in the finals it would most certainly be preshow bound.
But at the same time, i have to go with who gets the better reaction from the crowd when i'm judging who feel the most important. TJP for all his fault does get a reaction, not a big one but he gets a better reaction as a heel then gallagher did last tuesday or even gulak got the week before. As for Kalisto, out of everybody in the tournament, he's the biggest star on the roster right now. Him, gran metalik and lince derado are the only one that actually gets some sort of pop from the crowd every time they show up. Fans gets excited for their matches which is something that doesn't happen often for 205 live so to called down bottom feeders is really not knowing what wrestling is suppose to be about.

If i'm booking the tournament, i'm looking at who gets a reaction from the crowd and i go with them for as long as i can. Sadly as much as i like murphy, Ali and Gulak, there not getting people invested anymore. Gulak was the most entertaining part of 205 live but they decided to take everything that made him interesting in the first place and turn him into a cookie cutter heel wrestler. Same goes for pretty much everybody on the roster right now, so when you get somebody like a kalisto that can actualy get people to stop looking at there phone and pay attention to a match then use him to get the division over and that's why i don't get why all the stars are on one side of the bracket and all the bottom feeders as you called TJP and kalisto are on the other side because for me, sadly, Gulak, Murphy, Ali and andrews are pretty much just that, four guys that shouldn't be in a mania match but anyway, does it matter anyway since that match probably will end up on the pre show and it's just fighting to find out which spot it will get on the preshow.