WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
WWE Diva's Champion

UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neildittmar View Post
If TNA were looking for a decent celebrity tie-in here, they'd be much better off working the other end of the equation... getting Gail Kim on whatever show her fiance does on Food Network and promoting that accordingly.
It's funny that you mentioned this, I just saw an episode of "Dinner Impossible" (one of Irvine's shows on the Food Network) last night with a bunch of WWE Superstars from 2009! Like I mentioned before, my fiancé watches a lot of shows on the Food Network, and has a series recording set up for "Dinner Impossible".

In the WWE themed episode I saw last night, Irvine "created" a bunch of "WWE Superstar inspired dishes" for 300 people (WWE "VIPs"). All of the dishes they "created" were named after wrestling moves; ie: they made a desert called "Skull Crushing Finale", which featured "crushed nuts" or something...of course, since JR was there, they made some chicken with his barbecue sauce on it as well. Just a bunch of lame WWE tie-ins like that. These dishes were made for some banquet or something, that occurred right after some wrestling event (I'd have to imagine it was a WWE house show, or something). They were promoting WWE Summerslam at the time of the taping, in 2009.

The entire episode featured The Miz, Jim Ross, Big Show, Santino, and (you guessed it) Gail Kim. I don't know if Gail & Irvine were romantically involved at the time that this show was taped for the Food Network, but it seemed pretty obvious that Kim was into Irvine. Every time she was near him she was touching him as much as she could, leaning on him, etc. Obviously the WWE did something with Irvine first, but they did it in a better way (had the WWE guys on Irvine's show, instead of vice versa - like TNA is trying to do).

Irvine said several times during the course of the episode that he doesn't watch wrestling, didn't know the Superstars' names or moves, etc. I wonder if Irvine is a fan of pro wrestling now, since he's engaged to Gail Kim. Probably not, I bet this is more about JB being a fan of his shows on the Food Network...and I bet that this is more JB's idea than anyone else's.

I seriously doubt we'll see Irvine do anything other than appear on TNA's Spin Cycle this week, if that even happens. Could be interesting though, and I'll watch either way.

Quote:
It's quite baffling to be honest.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Click for Spoiler:

Last edited by UFOcalling : 04-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Not really sure why they would want to put him on TNA for any reason. His show is ok, but I can't see anyone saying "whoaaaaa Robert Irvine is on TNA I better tune in". I imagine most people don't even know who he is. Seems like a waste of money to me.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

So he did appear in the end, playing a heelish character alongside Gail lol, they answered some fan questions and then he arm wrestled EY which prompted EY to throw himself over the table.

Usually I really enjoy the Spin Cycle. Oh and "The List" segments too lol
sendpm.gif