WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-03-2017, 11:24 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default The "Superstar Shakeup"

In a rare TV appearance on Raw, Vince McMahon announced that on next week's Raw there would be a "Superstar Shakeup" but didn't provide any details as to what this "shakeup" would be.

The most obvious inference to make is that it's the WWE Draft and that the "Superstar Shakeup" business is just another one of the little buzzwords Vince likes to create and will be what the WWE Draft is called from now on. The one thing is that is hasn't been a year and the WWE Draft always took place a year apart.

At any rate, both Daniel Bryan and Kurt Angle will be on Raw next week as part of this thing and whether it's the draft or something else entirely, it's definitely a hook to watch next week's show.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It definitely needed to happen. Even if it's just like 4 guys and 1 woman from each roster changing place with a few NXT people coming up. Vince said it's about time for a shake up and like JH talked about, it hasn't even been a year since the draft took place. Just goes to show that WWE either rushed the draft or they just don't know how to book properly. Raw have pretty much gone through all their match ups that they can. The only real draws left are Sasha and Bayley,Owens and Lesnar and Finn Balor with anyone. Smackdown has done a good job keeping key matchups apart and getting the most out of feuds but the roster is so small it's only a matter of time because they are doing a Raw.

This is what I'd like to see happen (assuming it's only a few people from each show like I said before).

To Smackdown: The New Day, Seth Rollins, Big Show, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Shinsuke Nakamura.

To Raw: The Miz, Kalisto, The Revival, Alexa Bliss.

I can't think of to many people going to Raw without it hurting either the performer or Smackdown more. Baron Corbin could always be a chance but probably another year inn Smackdown is more beneficial. You also probably don't want him running into Braun anytime soon. Dolph Ziggler is someone you can just throw onto Raw but I would like to see him mix it with Shinsuke, Seth and Zayn. Ambrose could move to Raw but that's hurting SD a lot and Raw doesn't provide many new feuds for Ambrose. The biggest possibility is AJ ending up on Raw but he's fired and again that would hurt SD a lot. Sure replacing him with Seth Rollins and Nakamura doesnt get much better but still, I just think smackdown could be really hurt if they take away a big player. They've been fine all this time though so I'm expecting either Styles r Mabrose to go to Raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 12:50 AM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's pretty surprising that this is happening before either brand has had its WrestleMania follow up show. The fact that Vince called it a "superstar shakeup" as opposed to announcing the 2017 WWE Draft suggests: one, this is sudden decision, and two: they haven't decided how it's going down.

We might find out tomorrow, we likely won't find out until over the weekend. It could very well be a draft. They might call it free agency and just have people "sign" with other shows. They might allow a trade window or trade deadline. The only thing for sure, is they aren't sure.

If it's a draft, it has to be a kayfabe random draft lottery. The 2016 Draft was headache in the suspension of disbelief department. Finn Balor, AJ Styles, and Roman were drafted ahead of Brock Lesnar and John Cena.

I get it, they wanted those guys to look strong. The draft was not the way to do it. I'm a huge Finn and AJ fan, but you don't pick a dude from NXT over the dude who also fights in UFC. Brock is a draw, the former Prince Devitt will be some day.

If this does turn out to be a draft, random is the only way to go. Otherwise it boggles the mind that the top draw isn't the pick you go after.

The placement of the "superstar shakeup" here is clearly to keep the casuals they onload from WreslteMania. There's some logic going here, most storylines are pretty wrapped up.

Is there much left to say any of the title feuds? Champions are generally owed rematches, sure, but did any of the Mania matches end with anything really left to say between the two opponents?

The draft here makes sense as most of the divisions have stagnated. Whatever they do, I hope the "shakeup" is logical. The draft needs to be random if it's a draft, and the trades need to be logical if they're trades. Signings, they can basically do whatever they feel like ie WWE after the original brand extension until the added the no roster jumping rule.

Do GM is going to draft an NXT guy over a multi-time champion. No one trades Sami Zayn for AJ Styles. One is a former WWE champion, the other isn't. Roman for Styles would makes enough sense, not Roman for Apollo Crews.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 01:32 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

There was a talk before Wrestlemania that Roman would go to Smackdown and Styles to RAW. Would make sense but after tonight just cant see Roman go. That nuclear heat is needed on RAW and they know that. Use it to build him as heel and use it to build the next big face in guys like Balor or even Strowman. They would be stupid not to bank on that.

There is a big talk(in terms of various clips they post) on WWE youtube channel about what Vince announced. Talk like "would Sasha and Bayley stay on same show?" etc. Maybe its some kind of draft but I think it would be more in the lines of trade. And its long overdue at least when it comes to some Divisions. Frankly I am sick to watching same 4 women battling in variations on RAW. So some trade of talents is appreciated.

Also fully expect some NXT talents. We saw The Revival on RAW. Nakamura probably today on Smackdown. Asuka maybe on RAW or Smackdown.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 04:36 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As of late last night, there was some sort of statement released regarding this:

ORLANDO, Fla. – "It's time to shake things up around here," Mr. McMahon loudly exclaimed to the raucous Amway Center crowd during the Raw after WrestleMania.
The Chairman and CEO of WWE surprised everyone Monday night in Orlando when he came out to the ring and thanked the WWE Universe for making WrestleMania 33 The Ultimate Thrill Ride. Surprise turned to shock, however, when Mr. McMahon then announced that the WWE roster will undergo a seismic shift on next week's editions of Raw and SmackDown LIVE.
Mr. McMahon also announced he has already conferred with lead representatives from Raw and SmackDown LIVE in advance of the shake-up that will take place for both brands. That includes the newly named Raw General Manager, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle, as well as SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan, who are already in ongoing discussions with each other regarding next week's anticipated Superstar movement, WWE.com has confirmed.
The WWE Chairman will be granting both sides an opportunity to make trades, deals and other moves that they feel fit, according to WWE.com sources. There are many potential maneuvers that the WWE Universe will surely be buzzing over. Could we see recently engaged SmackDown stars John Cena & Nikki Bella on separate brands as a result of the shake-up? What about a monster like Braun Strowman causing havoc on the SmackDown LIVE roster instead of Raw? The possibilities are endless.
Stick with WWE.com for more on the Superstar Shake-up as news develops, and tune into next week's Raw and SmackDown LIVE to see where things stand within WWE's New Era.

So this "Shakeup" allows the brass of Raw & SmackDown Live to "make trades, deals and other moves that they feel fit." While it's still somewhat vague as a whole, the bit about "trades" does suggest that it's not a draft but more like two pro sports teams potentially trading some players here and there. The "deals and other moves" is a bit more vague as I'm not really sure what that could mean. Maybe some sort of occasional show every 3 or 4 months that'll feature Raw & SmackDown stars facing off or something.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 04:42 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Since it seems like it's not going to be a draft but more about trades and trying to signs new superstars, I wouldn't be surprise if miz and aj styles wound up on raw and zayn and probably either reigns or Rollins on smackdown since it would make sense for bryan to try and get rid of the guys that have been a pain in his a $$ for the past year.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 05:58 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

I wonder if this means they're holding off on Nak's debut for another week. Really hoping we'd see him tonight.

Anyway this is what I'd like to see happen.

Smackdown gets: Nakamura (and if they get him tonight... keep him), Reigns, Zayn, and some sort of tag team. I don't care who it is but they need one BAD. And I think there's a good chance Charlotte goes to Smackdown. I can't see Sasha or Bayley going over because that feud is happening soon, unless it's the both of them and Charlotte stays on RAW but I find the former much more likely.

RAW gets: AJ Styles (Vince has wanted him on RAW for months now, it's gonna happen), Alexa or Mickie because they need a strong female heel and you know that's... really it.

I know RAW is obviously going to get some more people but that's all I really wanna see leave Smackdown. I desperately hope The Miz doesn't go to RAW because I really feel like they'll ruin him over there but who am I kidding, he's probably going there.

These moves would leave Smackdown extremely face heavy though, I think it would leave Baron Corbin as their biggest heel... or Roman but we still don't really know what's going on with him.

Last edited by The Life Of Pablo Ren : 04-04-2017 at 06:02 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 06:24 AM

Jericho91 is looking to come up from OCW...

In today's PG Era of the WWE and it's low standards of entertainment ... There is barely unpredictability involved.

With that being said, Vince is most likely referring to the Draft. Also, if RAW has a NEW GM then there's a possibility that SMACKDOWN will also have a NEW GM despite having different circumstances in comparison to Mick Foley getting fired & Daniel Bryan seemingly having no problems at all. This is the perfect time for Stephanie to be written off television and for WWE to cut down this commissioner role. General Managers are enough. When Stephanie was around it felt like she was running the show a whole lot more than Mick ever did. They might as well just call them Co-General Managers instead of having 2 different job titles/occupations as GM & Commissioner. It's the stupid WWE Logic which never ever makes sense. It just makes me want to scream off the top of my lungs out of anger at how stupid the whole angle is. Anyway, most people would expect the draft to happen. If there's anything NEW in addition to your usual superstar draft then they should also announce a new Smackdown GM. Shane should take a rest after his AJ Styles match at WrestleMania.

Last edited by Jericho91 : 04-04-2017 at 06:26 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 07:30 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Yeah I find the timing more interesting than anything else. With the rumours of switching AJ Styles and Roman Reigns, I'm not so surprised as just interested. But I'm not so sure that some of these switches make the best sense really.

SmackDown needs faces. Big faces. Cena will be gone soon, and if AJ Styles leaves for Raw, even though he's supposed to be a heel, who have the crowd truly got to cheer for on SmackDown? Roman Reigns will be booed regardless of where he goes. And I really think WWE should try and capitalise on his nuclear heat at the moment. It was insane on Raw and I hope it continues because it could really turn into something big for Reigns. Keep him on Raw for me.

I understand switching AJ Styles to Raw. I really do think he, Bálor and Gallows & Anderson need to get together sooner rather than later. And they do NOT need to split before WrestleMania 34 either. Let them dominate for the next couple of years. They don't need to be heels either. Then you've got Rollins, Reigns, Owens and Samoa Joe to fill out the rest of the main event. Strowman is obviously heading for Lesnar at some point, so he stays put too.

I say send Sami Zayn to SmackDown. He's a popular guy and could really thrive on SmackDown. Problem is, that really is a step down from AJ Styles. And like I said, Reigns doesn't help matters. Shinsuke Nakamura is all but guaranteed for SmackDown now, but I'm not so confident that he alone can hold up the fort. Randy Orton is NOT the answer, he needs to be a heel in my opinion. Bray Wyatt can only do so much when you switch the title off him. I just cannot understand sending Reigns to SmackDown right now. I can't see it.

The women need a slight mix-up really. Even if it's just one switch, it would really help. Raw needs some new blood. I understand Emma has returned, but even then, I've found Raw women bland for some time, but that's the booking's problem, not the characters.

Also, someone please save the SmackDown tag team division. Raw picked up The Hardy Boyz and The Revival in 24 hours.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Be nice to have watched Smackdown first before sprouting off suggestions. Unless they switching the belts to different shows....we need strong faces on Raw to challenge Lesnar. And Orton, is he a face? He needs storng heels. AJ should go to Raw, matches await with Rollins, Balor, Lesnar.The Miz to Raw, love to see him feud with Owens or Joe....
Smackdown need top tier heels, Id send Braun to Smackdown, put the entire Wyatt family back together with Bo Dallas as well, Nakamura from NXT, Zayn to Smackdown, a feud with Ambrose would be compelling
sendpm.gif