WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

People chanted "Justin Bieber" at heel champ Seth Rollins because Dean(?) said it in a promo for literal weeks. Same with "Sparkle crotch" and "Tater tot" actually getting chanted. WWE has a much different audience than NJPW, Progress, ROH, PWG, etc. with the fact that it is a lot more PG and family oriented. I don't mind silly stuff like any of those three or "Rusev Day" getting over. If any of us did New Day would have been kicked off TV a long time ago. It's fun, not edgy or try hard, and both the pro-wrestlers get over and the audience can join in with them and interact.

Also, he is underutilized according to a majority of the internet. They saw him on Total Divas, UpUpDownDown, Southpaw Regional Wrestling, Talk is Jericho, etc. and they find him generally really funny and that he has a magnetic personality. I wouldn't disagree because he was one of the acts that got me into WWE almost as much as a Dean Ambrose and for a short stint, even Daniel Bryan. So a simple, but fun and such an interactive thing that was kind of built up for a few weeks in his silly feud with Randy Orton easily pops both internet fans who've longed for him to have TV time and be featured in the Rumble like he was this year and the general non-internet based audience.

I'm not too into it, but I know it's not for me and not everything in the monolith that is WWE is. I just want the talent to get over and the fans to enjoy themselves because it carries energy over to other parts of the show and into further conversations.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:13 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Rusev has charisma. It’s a meme. People love to chant stuff.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Wrestling is, this may shock some of you, grounded heavily in audience reaction. Rusev has been doing tremendous work for years, and despite getting the ass-end of the book in some stretches, the crowd still loves him. Rusev Day is the first thing that fans can really sink their teeth into in an audience-participation level. It could have easily been Aiden prompting an interesting melody in which to chant Rusev, but instead it's something that works on a t-shirt.

It's fun. Wrestling fans want fun.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 02-01-2018, 07:51 PM
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...

It’s because Rusev is fucking awesome, and it’s a gimmick that lets his goofball personality shine.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:16 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
Itís because Rusev is fucking awesome, and itís a gimmick that lets his goofball personality shine.
This. It's a silly gimmick that everyone can get behind, doesn't hurt anyone and is a lot of fun. Besides it's highlighting Rusev's humour and let's Aiden English shine for a bit.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Because Rusev is one of the most charismatic wrestlers on the roster, plus great in the ring, plus can have some serious bad ass promos.

So, why won't they push him? Who knows. So it's up to us for Rusev to get a major push.

Happy Rusev Day.

In fact, Rusev is more charismatic than Finn Balor, Bobby Roode, Ziggler, Angle, Corbin, Rollins, Reigns, Mahal. But all of these have received far better pushes than Rusev....
Old 02-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
Cos we're all idiots.
Exactly. If Rusev came out with a wife beating gimmick we'd still chant "Slap dat hoe" when his entrance music came on. Look at New Day, throwing pancakes around, wearing Unicorn caps and gyrating like clowns to get a reaction, we'd be the first idiots in the front row with our tongues out so Big E can pour too much cereal in our mouths creating a real choking hazard. God we're idiots.

Join WZCW now.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
Wrestling is, this may shock some of you, grounded heavily in audience reaction. Rusev has been doing tremendous work for years, and despite getting the ass-end of the book in some stretches, the crowd still loves him. Rusev Day is the first thing that fans can really sink their teeth into in an audience-participation level. It could have easily been Aiden prompting an interesting melody in which to chant Rusev, but instead it's something that works on a t-shirt.

It's fun. Wrestling fans want fun.
Sports Entertainment*
Old 02-02-2018, 07:29 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm pretty sure Rusev Day would have gotten over in ROH, too.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 02-02-2018, 07:32 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Because its stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.