WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-05-2017, 11:30 AM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

Every time I make a prediction, New Japan laughs in my face. I'm just gonna stop.

Omega vs Jericho is cool. Ibushi would have been better, but ehh.

I think he's challenging Cody now. They had a confrontation backstage after the show today that NJPW tweeted a picture of. https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/927180316283879424
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:00 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Omega vs. Jericho, in all honesty, feels like a major step down in some ways for Omega. True, you've got the novelty of Chris Jericho wrestling for New Japan for the first time since he was a kid but aside from that, it's ultimately Chris Jericho doing what he's been doing in WWE for much of this decade in WWE: putting over a young star with a lot of buzz at one of the biggest shows, if not THE biggest show, of the year.

Also, to me, it really, really just seems that Omega has been spinning his wheels since he won the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship as his title feuds have been/are all against guys that you know for about 99.99% have no shot of beating him, one of the complaints you'll see lobbed at WWE from time to time; first it was Juice Robinson, then it was Yoshi-Hashi, then it was Baretta and Jericho is next. Don't get me wrong, I've little doubt it'll be an entertaining match but I also see this as something that'll be pretty heavily overrated when it's all said and done
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Omega vs. Jericho, in all honesty, feels like a major step down in some ways for Omega. True, you've got the novelty of Chris Jericho wrestling for New Japan for the first time since he was a kid but aside from that, it's ultimately Chris Jericho doing what he's been doing in WWE for much of this decade in WWE: putting over a young star with a lot of buzz at one of the biggest shows, if not THE biggest show, of the year.

Also, to me, it really, really just seems that Omega has been spinning his wheels since he won the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship as his title feuds have been/are all against guys that you know for about 99.99% have no shot of beating him, one of the complaints you'll see lobbed at WWE from time to time; first it was Juice Robinson, then it was Yoshi-Hashi, then it was Baretta and Jericho is next. Don't get me wrong, I've little doubt it'll be an entertaining match but I also see this as something that'll be pretty heavily overrated when it's all said and done
It definately is a step down for Omega, regarding Omega's career as a singles star. Obivously, Okada is a bigger deal than Jericho since he's the NJPW champion, BUT, Chris Jericho is just way more popular. At the end of the day, popularity is what makes a superstar the superstar that he is.

Chris Jericho vs the guy that has put two-three 6+ star matches sells. It is a right step for Omega and a right step for NJPW. As for Chris? Who knows. He doesn't really need anything at this stage of his career, other than to wrestle and him versus Omega is a bigger match than any match Jericho could've had in the WWE right now.

The spotlight falls on everybody: Jericho, Omega and the promotion as well. How can this be anything else than good?
Old 11-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I don't really follow New Japan, but this is a good move for the company and Omega in my mind. Jericho isn't a Rock or even a Batista, but he has some name value in the mainstream and that will get people talking about Omega as a competitor and New Japan as a company. It may be a step down in terms of fighting New Japan's elite like Kenny should be doing, but it will only help his career in the long run. This will probably be a very solid twenty minute affair and while I doubt it will be a classic, it will get Omega and New Japan more mainstream exposure than any Omega/Okada "6 Star Classic" ever could.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:41 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
It definately is a step down for Omega, regarding Omega's career as a singles star. Obivously, Okada is a bigger deal than Jericho since he's the NJPW champion, BUT, Chris Jericho is just way more popular. At the end of the day, popularity is what makes a superstar the superstar that he is.

Chris Jericho vs the guy that has put two-three 6+ star matches sells. It is a right step for Omega and a right step for NJPW. As for Chris? Who knows. He doesn't really need anything at this stage of his career, other than to wrestle and him versus Omega is a bigger match than any match Jericho could've had in the WWE right now.

The spotlight falls on everybody: Jericho, Omega and the promotion as well. How can this be anything else than good?
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea for New Japan. They want to expand in America and they're going about it in a smart way. For instance, Jericho wrestling is bound to get some people who've never ordered a New Japan show to do so and their next show in the US is going to be the weekend before WrestleMania. Unlike TNA back in the day, New Japan is trying to, metaphorically speaking, walk before they can run and what I mean by that is they're not trying to do anything to even remotely suggest they're going to go head to head against WWE. When it comes to WWE, they're better off not even trying to compete as it's just too soon and a LOT of format changes would have to go down.

It's just that for me, as a fan, this match just doesn't really do much for me and I suppose one reason is because I'm just so used to seeing Jericho in this spot in WWE that seeing it again in another promotion just doesn't get me excited.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea for New Japan. They want to expand in America and they're going about it in a smart way. For instance, Jericho wrestling is bound to get some people who've never ordered a New Japan show to do so and their next show in the US is going to be the weekend before WrestleMania. Unlike TNA back in the day, New Japan is trying to, metaphorically speaking, walk before they can run and what I mean by that is they're not trying to do anything to even remotely suggest they're going to go head to head against WWE. When it comes to WWE, they're better off not even trying to compete as it's just too soon and a LOT of format changes would have to go down.

It's just that for me, as a fan, this match just doesn't really do much for me and I suppose one reason is because I'm just so used to seeing Jericho in this spot in WWE that seeing it again in another promotion just doesn't get me excited.
Oh I see.. From my point of view, I'm actually interested, because I'd like to see how Chris would wrestle out of the WWE. Don't get me wrong, Jericho is a great wrestler, but of course his work rate in the ring has decreased in the last years. I'd like to see if Jericho is holding anything back, that he has not shown inside a WWE ring.

Omega is obviosuly going to win. But I'm interesting to see how good this match will turn out to be.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:33 AM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

Finally got my WK ticket. I was going to hold off until I was in Tokyo, but Kidani tweeted out about tickets selling out faster than any other WK to date thanks to easier access for gaijin to book, so I bit the bullet and grabbed the best ticket available and got a 1F Standing ticket. Slightly worse off than last year since I won't have a seat, but luckily for me I typically work 10 hour days in a kitchen, so being on my feet for the entirety of the show should be a breeze.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)