WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 38
Posts: 12,896
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Lesnar VS ?

Since Brock Lesnar defeated Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, an outcome that nobody was really expecting, it basically leaves Lesnar without any viable challengers for the WWE Universal Championship. Reigns has another shot at the title at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia in a few weeks and the match will be held inside a steel cage; while it's possible that the title might change hands there, it's not all that likely. So if Lesnar retains in Saudi Arabia, what's next for him?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this but off the top of my head, the only possibly logical answer is Bobby Lashley. As we saw, Lashley made his debut on Raw last night in what may have been the official Christening of Elias as a comedy jobber going forward, seeing as how it was the second night in a row for it to happen. Lashley is one of the handful of guys the past several years to leave Impact a bigger star than when he first arrived and everything about him screams alpha male, which is a characteristic that gives Vince McMahon round the clock wood.

Like Lesnar, Lashley has had success in mixed martial arts but their successes have been for different reasons. Lesnar's career took place in the UFC while most of Lashley's success came in much smaller companies like Super Fight League, Titan Fighting Championships, Shark Fights and Strikeforce. Since late 2014, Lashley's competed exclusively for Bellator, which is sort of looked upon as the WCW of MMA here in the states. Lesnar made a ton of mainstream headlines in the UFC and generated a ton of controversy while garnering a mixed win-loss record of 5-3-1 while Lashley has a stellar record of 15-2. Lesnar made huge sums of money while Lashley, probably not so much if you compared the two as UFC's revenue is just simply on a much higher plane.

At any rate, Lesnar vs. Lashley has the sort of alpha male vs. alpha male feel that Vince strives for. Personally, I think I'd rather see Strowman be the guy but, for whatever reason, Vince just hasn't pulled the trigger on the guy and that's unfortunate considering he's one of the most over stars in the entire company.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-2018, 09:16 AM
d_henderson1810 d_henderson1810 is offline
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,775
d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Since Brock Lesnar defeated Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, an outcome that nobody was really expecting, it basically leaves Lesnar without any viable challengers for the WWE Universal Championship. Reigns has another shot at the title at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia in a few weeks and the match will be held inside a steel cage; while it's possible that the title might change hands there, it's not all that likely. So if Lesnar retains in Saudi Arabia, what's next for him?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this but off the top of my head, the only possibly logical answer is Bobby Lashley. As we saw, Lashley made his debut on Raw last night in what may have been the official Christening of Elias as a comedy jobber going forward, seeing as how it was the second night in a row for it to happen. Lashley is one of the handful of guys the past several years to leave Impact a bigger star than when he first arrived and everything about him screams alpha male, which is a characteristic that gives Vince McMahon round the clock wood.

Like Lesnar, Lashley has had success in mixed martial arts but their successes have been for different reasons. Lesnar's career took place in the UFC while most of Lashley's success came in much smaller companies like Super Fight League, Titan Fighting Championships, Shark Fights and Strikeforce. Since late 2014, Lashley's competed exclusively for Bellator, which is sort of looked upon as the WCW of MMA here in the states. Lesnar made a ton of mainstream headlines in the UFC and generated a ton of controversy while garnering a mixed win-loss record of 5-3-1 while Lashley has a stellar record of 15-2. Lesnar made huge sums of money while Lashley, probably not so much if you compared the two as UFC's revenue is just simply on a much higher plane.

At any rate, Lesnar vs. Lashley has the sort of alpha male vs. alpha male feel that Vince strives for. Personally, I think I'd rather see Strowman be the guy but, for whatever reason, Vince just hasn't pulled the trigger on the guy and that's unfortunate considering he's one of the most over stars in the entire company.
Having Strowman come across as all "cuddly" by teaming with children doesn't exactly scream "Alpha Male!"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 38
Posts: 12,896
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Having Strowman come across as all "cuddly" by teaming with children doesn't exactly scream "Alpha Male!"
No, but it does show that Strowman can make a diamond out of a dog turd. What I mean by that is that it shows that Strowman is someone that can do a broad variety of roles and retain his popularity, that he has layers to who and what he can actually be. Stuff like having a grade school kid as your "tag team partner" and winning the Tag Team Championship with him is something that most wrestlers just can't really pull off without the majority of fans just rolling their eyes at how idiotic it is. I'm not at all happy what they did with the tag titles, it might've been different if it was a terminally ill kid getting a really special wish fulfilled instead of it being the kid of one of the referees. I mean, I could at least understand the why even if I still didn't agree with it but that wasn't the case. However, the fans at WrestleMania and Raw last night ate it up so I may very well be in the minority on it. Considering the "monstrous" things we've seen Strowman do, this wasn't any sort of big shot to his manhood and I don't think that'll be a worry if they keep things like this few and far in-between.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Spidey's Avatar
Spidey Spidey is online now
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UA Little Rock
Age: 28
Posts: 1,736
Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey
Default

Sure it does, it shows he can do anything on his own, which was sorta the point while also giving kids at home that feeling that if they go to a wrestling show, maybe they'll get picked by a wrestler and fulfill their dreams. That and it was for less than a day. Not a huge hit to Braun's manhood.

But anyways I think it's very likely Roman Reigns walks out of Saudi Arabia as the champion. Maybe there is something to him being liked more outside of the states. Maybe WWE want to make it an event to remember. Who knows? I don't really see anyone stepping up to face Brock except Lashley or Strowman. Either one are good choices but I just got that feeling they want to see if the crowd reacts positive over there.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Logisticalbooker86 Logisticalbooker86 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 180
Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I know your thread is predicated on the "if" of Lesnar retaining in Saudi Arabia, but I really think Roman Reigns is going to win the title in that cage match. I didn't think there was any chance until Samoa Joe cut that scathing promo on Reigns, but it just screamed redemption to me.

If I am wrong, I think Lashley is the correct answer by default. If online reports are accurate, Lesnar is set to go away again for a while after "The Greatest Royal Rumble" so maybe Strowman wins that abomination and he is positioned to finally take down Brock Lesnar at a later date.

Lesnar is an attraction, but as a fan, I am tired of the Universal Championship being off of TV.

EDIT - boo, I just said literally the same thing as Spidey. Oh well.

Last edited by Logisticalbooker86 : 04-10-2018 at 09:30 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-10-2018, 10:06 AM
stingray11214's Avatar
stingray11214 stingray11214 is offline
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New York City
Age: 52
Posts: 916
stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Since Brock Lesnar defeated Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, an outcome that nobody was really expecting, it basically leaves Lesnar without any viable challengers for the WWE Universal Championship. Reigns has another shot at the title at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia in a few weeks and the match will be held inside a steel cage; while it's possible that the title might change hands there, it's not all that likely. So if Lesnar retains in Saudi Arabia, what's next for him?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this but off the top of my head, the only possibly logical answer is Bobby Lashley. As we saw, Lashley made his debut on Raw last night in what may have been the official Christening of Elias as a comedy jobber going forward, seeing as how it was the second night in a row for it to happen. Lashley is one of the handful of guys the past several years to leave Impact a bigger star than when he first arrived and everything about him screams alpha male, which is a characteristic that gives Vince McMahon round the clock wood.

Like Lesnar, Lashley has had success in mixed martial arts but their successes have been for different reasons. Lesnar's career took place in the UFC while most of Lashley's success came in much smaller companies like Super Fight League, Titan Fighting Championships, Shark Fights and Strikeforce. Since late 2014, Lashley's competed exclusively for Bellator, which is sort of looked upon as the WCW of MMA here in the states. Lesnar made a ton of mainstream headlines in the UFC and generated a ton of controversy while garnering a mixed win-loss record of 5-3-1 while Lashley has a stellar record of 15-2. Lesnar made huge sums of money while Lashley, probably not so much if you compared the two as UFC's revenue is just simply on a much higher plane.

At any rate, Lesnar vs. Lashley has the sort of alpha male vs. alpha male feel that Vince strives for. Personally, I think I'd rather see Strowman be the guy but, for whatever reason, Vince just hasn't pulled the trigger on the guy and that's unfortunate considering he's one of the most over stars in the entire company.
Do not be surprised if Brock drops the belt in Jeddah. The Saudis shelled out a great deal of cash to make the Greatest Royal Rumble happen. Do not be surprised if a little of that cash winds up in Lesnar's account to drop the belt.

As for Stowman: That match he had was absolutely stupid. Not only did you damage The Bar, but Strowman took a hit as well. Granted, I always saw Strowman as a "Mighty Igor-type" wrestler. Teddy bear-ish, warm and cuddly with a little bit of a mean streak. Pulling out Nicholas Cone, whose only connection to the business was that his Dad was a ref, not only cheapened the match, but cheapened the tag straps as well. Now, before anyone screams about Kenny Omega, you need to remember this: the BIG difference between Nicholas Cone and Haruka is that Haruka was a Trainee for Stardom. Haruka was an actual Joshi. She was not some kid from the audience. And if you think people are going to forget, they have YouTube to remind them.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-2018, 12:55 PM
THTRobtaylor's Avatar
THTRobtaylor THTRobtaylor is offline
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,324
THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
Do not be surprised if Brock drops the belt in Jeddah. The Saudis shelled out a great deal of cash to make the Greatest Royal Rumble happen. Do not be surprised if a little of that cash winds up in Lesnar's account to drop the belt.

As for Stowman: That match he had was absolutely stupid. Not only did you damage The Bar, but Strowman took a hit as well. Granted, I always saw Strowman as a "Mighty Igor-type" wrestler. Teddy bear-ish, warm and cuddly with a little bit of a mean streak. Pulling out Nicholas Cone, whose only connection to the business was that his Dad was a ref, not only cheapened the match, but cheapened the tag straps as well. Now, before anyone screams about Kenny Omega, you need to remember this: the BIG difference between Nicholas Cone and Haruka is that Haruka was a Trainee for Stardom. Haruka was an actual Joshi. She was not some kid from the audience. And if you think people are going to forget, they have YouTube to remind them.
First off, the Strowman/Nicholas thing did NO such thing to the Bar... It was a match designed to play around Sheamus' increasingly serious neck injury... you could see when they did the shoulder spot how much agony he was in. He is pretty much done, they are winding him down so they don''t have 2 go down at the same time with neck problems... Paige was last night, Sheamus goes to perhaps Summerslam and loses a career match to Cesaro. Sheamus would have likely enjoyed that he got to do an unusual and memorable match like that.

As for the main question, realistically they're setting up Brock v Lashley for next year... they'll want to build it over time, based on their MMA history as much as their WWE history. They won't just "push" Bobby straight to the title, as he'll have to serve some "penance" like Brock did and perhaps lose a match to someone.

Reigns isn't cut and dried to win... it's equally possible he goes to Smackdown as RAW is now top heavy with big guys and names. Remember Zayn and Owens may well be moving as well as guys like Orton and Roode who could move to RAW and balance things out. Reigns going to SD and facing Bryan and AJ would be more interesting to fans than him holding the Red belt...

The bizarrely logical person to actually beat Brock in the short term is... Broken Matt.

Sounds crazy, but if somehow he is able to pull it off, with the assist from Bray, Jeff and the whole thing... or from Roman on his way out the door to SD. it plays into Brock "walking out" for a while... Lashley of course destroys Matt... but it solves a problem, moving from Reigns as your top guy to Lashley without having to job Roman out... Matt gets a token run of a month or so before the era of Lashley begins and him losing in that way won't hurt him in the slightest. Let's face it, is Broken Matt with the belt as a transition any worse than it being off TV on Brock's couch or around Roman's waist getting booed into oblivion.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 22
Posts: 1,434
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Seth Rollins. It's about time to start building someone else. Seth Rollins is the closest thing they got to face of the company material. In ring skills, mic skills, age, look. He has all the potential in the world. Roman Reigns has competed in four Wrestlemania main event failures in a row. Lesnar-Reigns is memorable mostly because of Rollins. HHH-Reigns was a snoozefest. Undertaker-Reigns was horrible. Lesnar-Reigns II had the crowd not caring. What does Vince want? Fans to walk out before the main event begins?

The whole Attitude Era lasted four years. That's how long this Roman thing has been going on. Even Cena didn't face so much apathy. Cena was a made-legend in 2008-2009. Four years after the start of his face push.

That's why, Seth Rollins has to be the one to dethrone Lesnar. Nobody else. Lesnar goes over Reigns in their cage match. Rollins takes the belt either at MITB or Summerslam. Champion vs Champion. It will be good for Roman's character, it will be good for the fans, the company and Rollins himself.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Sexcellence of Sexecution's Avatar
Sexcellence of Sexecution Sexcellence of Sexecution is offline
#SwerveKing
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 613
Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Well it seems likely that we will get Bobby Lashley vs. Brock Lesnar at some point, but to me the money match is Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan.

Bryan and Lesnar would be the ultimate David and Goliath story. Bryan is one of the few true babyfaces the WWE has, and he's really the best at being an underdog babyface. Against Lesnar, he's a fucking underdog. You've got the size difference for one, with Lesnar throwing Bryan around the ring like he did to Styles. But then there's also the history of Bryan's neck injury's and how Lesnar has been built as this killing machine. Heyman could hype up that Bryan would literally be risking his career and his future with his family by stepping into the ring with Lesnar and it would be 100% believable. That's how shit takes off in wrestling. The angle for this match would be the hottest thing on the show, and the blueprint for the match itself already exists because we've seen Lesnar wrestle a smaller, faster opponent in AJ Styles and they had a great match. One of Lesnar's best.

So I'm all in on Bryan vs. Lesnar and I think we will get this match eventually. It would be the ultimate feel-good moment for the underdog Bryan to overcome the odds and slay the beast to win the Universal Title.

Or Reigns will just beat Lesnar in Saudi Arabia.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-10-2018, 12:59 PM
George Steele's Barber's Avatar
George Steele's Barber George Steele's Barber is offline
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,886
George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexcellence of Sexecution View Post
Bryan and Lesnar would be the ultimate David and Goliath story. Bryan is one of the few true babyfaces the WWE has, and he's really the best at being an underdog babyface. Against Lesnar, he's a fucking underdog. You've got the size difference for one, with Lesnar throwing Bryan around the ring like he did to Styles. But then there's also the history of Bryan's neck injury's and how Lesnar has been built as this killing machine. Heyman could hype up that Bryan would literally be risking his career and his future with his family by stepping into the ring with Lesnar and it would be 100% believable.
Don't forget about Lesnar opening guys up like Orton and Reigns. Imagine how this scene could play out with Bryan. It was a vicious moment with Reigns. The sympathy and emotion of seeing Lesnar open up Bryan could be magnificent. Bryan overcoming those shots and blood to defeat the beast and send him packing.

Maybe Lesnar cutting open Reigns was strictly to make Reigns more sympathetic and tougher looking but I'd like to think it is part of a bigger story. Maybe involving Bryan.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices