WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-09-2018, 07:06 PM

Laylafan is looking to come up from OCW...

If Asuka competes in the Rumble she wins - Simple as that. Period!

I'd be very surprised if the following aren't seen -

Trish
Lita
Michelle McCool (Not sure if Layla as well but i'm confident Michelle is entering)
Nikki Bella (I mean she is still on the SD Live roster but has been inactive for some time)
Kelly Kelly (I think a rumoured WWE return has been on for quite a while - A lot of people thought she might of made the cut in the 2k18 game)
Beth Phoenix (WWE HOF, WWE 2k18 - Looks amazing still) I think the Iconic legends pack of whatever it's called will be released in sync with Beth's Royal Rumble apperance.
Kairi Sane
Nikki Cross

Possibles:

AJ Lee
Eve Torres
Victoria (Still wrestles independently and looks great for a 46 year old - She currently uses her 2002-2003 psycho gimmick with her "All the things she said" entrance) Would be awesome if she entered with that.
Ronda Rousey (I don't have any inside knowledge on this but heaps of people think she will probably be in - My probables are people who are alumni wwe wrestlers)

Might be way off but that's just my feeling and predictions.

Last edited by Laylafan : 01-09-2018 at 07:25 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Send the women on last. Who's going to win the men's match? Nakamura! He's as cold as the whole of Smackdown's women's division. If Rousey does appear that instantly makes this a much bigger match.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:20 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

After this week's Smackdown, i really not interested at this match at all. If they wanted to make fans lose interest in that match, they succeeded with those god awful cell phone promo's they did. None of the smackdown women's outside of Becky look like a superstar after those segment. In fact, the lack of hype on both shows about this makes me feel like it's becoming just a filler match on the card since nobody outside of Becky, asuka and Nia feel important in that match. In fact the only person that truly made me think that the match was such a big deal is the one person that won't be in the match and that's paige. She did more to hype the match on youtube then anybody did on both Raw and Smackdown.

I really hope that they got something special plan to promote this match on monday because right now, it just feel like another match instead of this huge historic moment.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:09 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
After this week's Smackdown, i really not interested at this match at all. If they wanted to make fans lose interest in that match, they succeeded with those god awful cell phone promo's they did. None of the smackdown women's outside of Becky look like a superstar after those segment. In fact, the lack of hype on both shows about this makes me feel like it's becoming just a filler match on the card since nobody outside of Becky, asuka and Nia feel important in that match. In fact the only person that truly made me think that the match was such a big deal is the one person that won't be in the match and that's paige. She did more to hype the match on youtube then anybody did on both Raw and Smackdown.

I really hope that they got something special plan to promote this match on monday because right now, it just feel like another match instead of this huge historic moment.
It's not a huge historic moment. It's another item on Stephanie's women-empowered checklist. Most likely women will headline Mania in the future and unless the creative team ups their game, it will simply be to check that off the list as well...not due to merit. The women have the ability to be entertaining, the problem is creative is doing nothing to help them. It'll be "historic" by definition only, not because of impact or entertainment value.

The other thing working against it is that the men's Royal Rumble is less exciting than ever lately. This Mania championship opportunity stipulation has run its course. Aside from surprise entrants, it's a glorified #1 contender's match. They need to give the whole Rumble idea a good scrubbing. 30 men enter, 4 might win, 1 will. Blah blah blah. Make it a match where the winner could be anyone.

And, off point, but on topic...do these guys really need to point to the WrestleMania sign after they win? We get it, you're going to WrestleMania. If you're one of the handful of people who could've won the Rumble, NO ONE is surprised you're going to WrestleMania. You even knew you were going if you lost. Haha...such a cliché lame tradition.

Anyway, Rumble is the only non-Mania PPV I look forward to, or at least used to, so I do hope it comes back to its former greatness. It just seems that the creative team has gotten lazy and is mailing it in. I would take Vince Russo and his great/awful ideas over this throw 4 or 5 or more people in a ring and the winner is #1 contender...so damn lazy.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I'd laugh pretty hard if the true face of the women's division, Stephanie McMahon, won the thing.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:13 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
I'd laugh pretty hard if the true face of the women's division, Stephanie McMahon, won the thing.
This would be the funniest thing ever and something that nobody would see coming.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The whole Rousey thing just has so MANY problems!

So, she's going to win her debut match and that match will be the Royal Rumble? Lol, talk about burying an entire roster of women. And then, she'll go into Wrestlemania, superhot, and she will HAVE TO become a champion right? Otherwise, what was the point? And she's gonna beat Charlotte/Asuka/Bliss for the title? Are you serious?

So they'll have someone, who has never wrestle before, come into WWE, completely anihillate everybody in her way and go on to a victory that must come, otherwise this was pointless.

If anything, this just serves as a huge UFC advertisement. Everything WWE has done that's UFC related (Brock Lesnar), does not help WWE. It promotes UFC. It actually says "Hey UFC guys are tougher than our guys".

I'm not against a Rousey debut, but unless they have a big turn in store, where so comes in with a stable and wins the whole thing as a heel, then she shouldn't win. It's way too much.
Imagine UFC putting CM Punk in a title match in his debut just because he was CM Punk. That's what this feels like.

Rousey comes in and gets the Kurt Angle treatment, because she really feels the same way Angle felt back in 1999.

If you want Rousey THAT BAD and also a WOMEN's REVOLUTION, then instead of booking one women's match and one women's bathroom break for Wrestlemania, why don't you book 3 matches that matter?
- Asuka vs Bliss for the RAW title
- Sasha vs Bayley in a Grudge match
- Becky vs Charlotte for the SD title
Have Rousey be involved in one of those in some way. Any way, except her having to become a champion. For example: Asuka/Rousey vs Bliss/Jax.

As for the match, I'd like to see Becky win. She is actually the most interesting of the 4 Horsewomen and deserves to be part of something big, just as the other 3.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:48 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
The whole Rousey thing just has so MANY problems!

So, she's going to win her debut match and that match will be the Royal Rumble? Lol, talk about burying an entire roster of women. And then, she'll go into Wrestlemania, superhot, and she will HAVE TO become a champion right? Otherwise, what was the point? And she's gonna beat Charlotte/Asuka/Bliss for the title? Are you serious?
Only one of the biggest(maybe even biggest of all time) and most recognizable names in history of women fighting. No big deal.

I mean, I understand your frustration from booking point, but from business point it has no merit at all. Having Rousey there is huge for business. And WWE knows that.

Dunno if she would win though. But if rumors are true and she is there to stay cant see reason why not.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'll admit that the possibilities and potential surprises make this match far more intriguing than the men's.

Honestly though, I would not put Rousey in the Rumble, not while Asuka is in it. Asuka's already said that she's counting this Rumble against her streak. Of course they could retcon that but a loss in the Rumble, even if not "officially" recognized would still be a blemish to her perfect résumé.

And Rousey not winning would just feel... weird. Maybe you can have a combination of Sasha/Becky/Bayley eliminate her and that would be the start of the horsewomen program but that dynamic would be kind of strange. I guess we can't tell yet but I'd assume that Rousey is gonna be extremely over as a face with the crowd and for her to be ganged up on and eliminated by 3 of WWE's top female faces would just feel off. And her being eliminated any other way wouldn't make much sense.

Who knows, maybe all of this is gonna be non-issue because Rousey won't even be at the Rumble. But it seems like it's a foregone conclusion at this point and there's no other women's match on the card for her to get involved in, if she's gonna make an impact it's gonna be in the Rumble match.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Only one of the biggest(maybe even biggest of all time) and most recognizable names in history of women fighting. No big deal.

I mean, I understand your frustration from booking point, but from business point it has no merit at all. Having Rousey there is huge for business. And WWE knows that.

Dunno if she would win though. But if rumors are true and she is there to stay cant see reason why not.
Just one quick question. Not just you, but generally.

Would a Connor McGregor victory of the Men's Royal Rumble be accepted?

If yes, I submit, if no, why would Ronda's be then?