WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-11-2017, 05:07 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Royal Rumble - Men's Royal Rumble Match

I just decided to go ahead and create this thread since we already know this match is happening.

As we all know, unless some miracle among miracles happens, Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns will be the main event for WrestleMania next year. Whether or not Reigns is Intercontinental Champion going into the match is up in the air at this point. The last thing I read concerning it stated that a SmackDown star was slated to win the Rumble, and since the Elimination Chamber returns next year as a Raw brand show, I expect that's where Reigns will "win" his spot to challenger Lesnar after emerging victorious in a Chamber match which, by my guess, will also be a bit of a special attraction in which the winner will not only face Lesnar but the IC title will be on the line.

As for the Rumble match itself, whether or not a SD star is currently set to win, the early favorites have to include Cena, Wyatt, Balor, Orton, Nakamura, Owens & Zayn.

Anyhow, the road to the Rumble will officially be on after tonight once Brock Lesnar's challenger for the event is named, which will be either Kane or Braun Strowman.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:37 PM

NotoriousWWE is looking to come up from OCW...NotoriousWWE is looking to come up from OCW...

I find it so disappointing these days that I’m actually not really looking forward to this match. The past three Rumbles have been pretty poor and seeing how things are going, with the feuds you mentioned in mind, I can’t see this one being any better. Let’s hope they don’t waste this years. If I was in charge of booking but had to listen to Vince tell me Roman has to face Lesnar, I would probably have Finn Balor win the Rumble and pick Styles to challenge and move him permanently to the Blue brand. My dark horse is Samoa Joe but I doubt Vince would want two former TNA guys going at it for his precious WWE title.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:38 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

i feel like the royal rumble match will be won by either John cena or somebody from smackdown, it all depends on who wins the title match between Jinder and AJ on sunday.

If Jinder wins, the logical next Step would be to have Cena wins the rumble and go for his 17th title reigns at mania. It's a easy story to tell that pretty much everybody outside the IWC would love.

If Aj Styles wins then go with a Nakamura since from what i've heard , they plan on doing this match at mania anyway. I do feel that this match is big enough without having to be a title match especially since it will be buried in the undercard but that's the only guy i can see win this outside of cena.

In The end, i don't see a Raw guy winning this match this year mostly because of the fact that it feel like they will be using the Elimination chamber match to crown Lesnar's opponent at mania since Lesnar seem like he'S not going to be booked for that PPV in february. So that leaves you with not a lot of options with the smackdown roster and the only 2 logical winner that i could see from that show are Cena and Nakamura.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

People are forgetting that The Elimination Chamber could easily be used for Roman Reigns to defend his Intercontinental Championship. As of right now I am voting for him to win the Royal Rumble.

I do however see the points of view in having either John Cena, Shinsuke Nakamura or even Randy Orton winning the Royal Rumble. If Jinder Mahal gets the title back at Clash of Champions, then John Cena winning the Rumble and the 17th championship at WrestleMania is pretty much a given – even if it's such a cliché and awfully predictable. If AJ Styles somehow wins I could easily see Shinsuke Nakamura or Randy Orton challenging for the title in one on one competition.

As of right now I am already discarding Owens and Zayn's victory. I've already seen too much AJ vs. Owens for one year and there's no way in HELL Zayn gets the win. He's like the Christian of the group. It will eventually happen, but not in a WrestleMania main event match up.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:24 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

If you asked me 6 months ago I would have been totally for Nakamura winning the Rumble. Problem is, through no fault of his own, the booking has made him less credible as the months went along.

Sure he beat Randy Orton and John Cena but this was on TV and not on PPV. And we know what you do in PPV is amplified 10 folds than what you do on TV. And on PPV Nakamura has not won a PPV match since Backlash last May.

And recently he lost to Jinder Mahal (twice) and was the first one eliminated in the Survivor Series match. If that doesn't drop your stock I don't know what will.

Of course the Rumble is 2 months away and maybe WWE has something to build Nakamura up again. And if they do and we get Nakamura vs. Styles at Mania that would be amazing.

Logic dictates that Reigns will win so he can finally dethrone Brock Lesnar. Problem here is that Reigns is still not liked by most fans especially if the other possible winners include Balor, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Seth Rollins, or other more popular guys from the Hardcore fans. WWE can't afford to have another underwhelming Royal Rumble 4 years straight.

The best choice for me is Cena winning the Rumble setting up Cena vs. AJ Styles at Wrestlemania. Yes this match has been done 3 times already but you are guaranteed a near 5 star match as what we have gotten from these two. That said if this occurs I hope Styles retains the title. Cena is now part time and you need to start establishing your full time guys.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

If Reigns vs Brock ends up being the match for the Universal Championship, then a SD star will win the Rumble. I don't think they're going to have Reigns play a headlining role at the Rumble for a 4th year straight, are they? (2014 last eliminated, 2015 winner, 2016 was all about his title, 2017 eliminated Undertaker and was last eliminated)

With that being said, I have no idea who's going to win. It could be Cena (also keeping WWE's tradiition of having past stars win the Rumble ever since 2013, except if your name is Roman Reigns of course), it could be Styles (if he loses to Jinder) and it could be Owens, too. I don't think Nakamura is in line for such a big victory, yet.

Rumors lean to Cena or Reigns though, and both options suck. Although Vince will feel pretty proud about that after Wrestlemania. Cena, having become the 17 time world champion and Reigns, having become the one true king, both things happening at WM 34. They will surely shove that night down our throats for the next decade at least.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:13 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
If Reigns vs Brock ends up being the match for the Universal Championship, then a SD star will win the Rumble. I don't think they're going to have Reigns play a headlining role at the Rumble for a 4th year straight, are they? (2014 last eliminated, 2015 winner, 2016 was all about his title, 2017 eliminated Undertaker and was last eliminated)
I was thinking about this but if we look at the stats if Roman Reigns closes Wrestlemania again he would have closed Wrestlemania 4 years in a row.

Just to put things in perspective: This means the years he closed Wrestlemania consecutively would have outlasted the entire Attitude Era (thus outlasting Austin's main event run).

If you take that into account then I don't see why the WWE won't let Reigns win the Rumble.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:25 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Reigns/Lesnar doesn't need the Rumble. Everybody knows the plan is Lesnar/Reigns and I mean quite literally... everybody. It doesn't take some extreme wrestling knowledge or insight to see that's where they're going. A telegraphed result will only get you ANOTHER negative response for the Rumble this year.

Things are much more interesting on the Smackdown side, at least pertaining to their World Championship. With Jinder out of the picture (presumably), a lot of things open up. Shinsuke? KO? Sami? A combination of Sami and KO? Cena? Any of those vs. AJ would be absolutely fantastic.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Aeon Mathix

Hopefully this Rumble will be better than the last 4 or 5. I say that every year though. Since 2013 everyone who has won either did already (Cena, Batista, Triple H, Orton) or was someone that pissed the crowd off (Reigns). I want a feel good rumble again like back in the day when someone popular as hell went the distance. I also wonder when they are ever going to have someone win from number 1 again. That hasn't been done since 2004.

I can't even really pick someone for a favorite because there isn't a clear cut one. I'd like to believe they wouldn't have Cena or Reigns win again but that's probably the route they will go. I will go with Seth Rollins winning and challenging AJ on the Smackdown side. Makes no sense but i'm not that good at fantasy booking and am always nowhere near close to being right.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

Definitely an interesting Royal Rumble match in which I think we'll be disappointed with again.

1.) I would've said AJ Styles two months ago before he became champion as he would've been a great pic to go on to try and win title and would send Rumble fans home happy.

2.) I don't see Orton winning 2 years in a row. Just not gonna happen.

3.) If they would've built Shinsuke up right, then I'd say him. He actually should've won title a couple of months ago from Jinder and then AJ should've won Rumble setting up the match at WM. Creative team right...?

4.) The fact that we know Lesnar vs. Reigns is headlining WM for title throws a monkey wrench for anyone who wins it on Raw. They could go Reigns again but be prepared for the showering of "boos."

5.) They could have someone on Raw (not named Reigns) win and have an angle where Daniel Bryan signed them away to SD. Someone like a Samoa Joe or Finn Balor. Only difference with them is that Joe is still going strong while Balor has been booked like crap and is feuding currently with Miztourage if that tells you anything about his current (lack of)push.

6.) Strowman...maybe but I don't see him leaving Raw and WWE is so set on Lesnar v Reigns so where would that leave him?

7.) Rest of the pack: Rollins, Ambrose, etc on Raw...again...Lesnar vs. Reigns. On SD...Roode (too early), Owens (maybe but AJ vs. Owens been done. Cena...ugh..won it twice already but could again..who knows.

WWE has really put themselves in a bind for an uncreative or lackluster Rumble. I'm sure they'll be some decent pops and smiles for the surprise entrants they have each year (legends/NXT callups, etc) but for the actual winner...meh...not sure we'll actually be pleased unless you're a big Reigns or Cena fan.