WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Why not? It is something new and different. It gets most of the women on the show. It gives the WWE a chance to "legitimately" slow down Asuka ascendance without breaking her streak. Women are fully capable of going over the top rope, skinning the cat, and hitting all the other spots that are not done by Kofi. It's more interesting than Charlotte/Nattie or Mickie/Alexa again (granted that I've enjoyed what they have done with each of these but it feels over). It also isn't too much, fans can handle two long matches as long as they are decent to good. The biggest downside for WWE is that they have to pay more to have more people appear on the show and it may be less time for fans to piss, and buy concessions and merchandise.

Just do it, if not at the Rumble, do it on Raw or a Network Special. If they were serious about a women's brand (which they aren't), this would be a terrific selling point. Maybe on a smaller scale make it part of a women's only PPV. Could they sell out a large city for this type of event?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:46 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Wow. I love how you basically announce that a certain idea is terrible. For you, I get it. For all fans and people of all levels of interest? Wow. When did you start representing each and every one? Or it's just because you find it terrible and therefore, everyone will find it terrible?
You're a moron, but I'll respond anyway. I said Jack Hammer's specific idea of how the women's Rumble should go is a terrible idea, no matter the level of fan someone is. Obviously, it's my opinion. I have no interest in speaking for you because until you responded with your nonsense, I didn't know you existed. It's called context. For people who need everything spelled out for them... MY opinion is that HIS idea is terrible.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
You're a moron,
Thanks for your fair judgment, sir. However, I won't stoop down to the level of insulting anyone for variable opinions. You can.

Quote:
but I'll respond anyway.
I respect your generosity, sir.

Quote:
I said Jack Hammer's specific idea of how the women's Rumble should go is a terrible idea, no matter the level of fan someone is.
Did you forget what you said? Let's recall.
Quote:
For the Rumble, for all fans and people of all levels of interest, your idea for the women's Rumble is a terrible idea.
No matter the level of fan someone is. And how can you say so? Just because it doesn't go well with you, it won't go well for any fan?

Quote:
Obviously, it's my opinion.
Oh. But you were stating it like opinion of each wrestling fan.

Quote:
I have no interest in speaking for you
But you still did.

Quote:
because until you responded with your nonsense, I didn't know you existed.
Oh. Wow. I don't want you to know about my existence either. Get better with your insults. Ask a great heel for tips. Get the heel heat.

Quote:
It's called context. For people who need everything spelled out for them... MY opinion is that HIS idea is terrible.
I don't need everything to be spelled out. You said that it's terrible for each fan. You didn't say that it's just terrible for you. I respect your opinion that it's terrible. Something you obviously don't do when someone disagrees with your opinion. Anyone that disagrees with your opinion should be insulted.

I love GSB's of having a Network Special or even a Women PPV. That's interesting. Have a Royal Rumble. Also, have NXT title be defended. So, that people can get a glimpse of what's coming on the main roster.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:38 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

You know what, i just thought of something, What if, instead of doing a women's rumble match for the main rosters on the rumble PPV itself, you do it at the NXT special to previous night. Sure you would have to either have the special be longer or shorten the match to fit with the time length of the show but it would feel a lot less out of place on the NXT show plus it would help put even more focus on the NXT performers. You could even have some of the main roster women enter the match to fill out some the spot.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

willross is looking to come up from OCW...willross is looking to come up from OCW...willross is looking to come up from OCW...

It would be 20 competitors to kick off the show if I they did do it. I would say its the best time to debut Ronda Rousey and have her win it. Could also help set up feuds that that division hasnt had access to.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:41 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
Of the 3 women who entered the Royal Rumble, you pick that moment?
Just making an example how WWE does woman vs man thing. Not every competitor is Chyna and could beat Jericho for IC title.

Quote:
Just look at how she takes it to Mark Henry and eliminates him, she looks credible, legit and like she can truly hang with the guys. This moment is always going to be bigger, better and more memorable than the Women having their own Royal Rumble match.
Great moment for sure. Still cant see how it benefits more then having more women featured in a match where you give them time to showcase their abilities and where instead of one you could give focus to several of them. Glorified cameo is still just a cameo, not the same as having them in focus of things.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:43 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Thanks for your fair judgment, sir. However, I won't stoop down to the level of insulting anyone for variable opinions. You can.

I respect your generosity, sir.

Did you forget what you said? Let's recall.

No matter the level of fan someone is. And how can you say so? Just because it doesn't go well with you, it won't go well for any fan?

Oh. But you were stating it like opinion of each wrestling fan.

But you still did.

Oh. Wow. I don't want you to know about my existence either. Get better with your insults. Ask a great heel for tips. Get the heel heat.

I don't need everything to be spelled out. You said that it's terrible for each fan. You didn't say that it's just terrible for you. I respect your opinion that it's terrible. Something you obviously don't do when someone disagrees with your opinion. Anyone that disagrees with your opinion should be insulted.

I love GSB's of having a Network Special or even a Women PPV. That's interesting. Have a Royal Rumble. Also, have NXT title be defended. So, that people can get a glimpse of what's coming on the main roster.
I think point-by-point responses are absolutely awful, so I can't respond, having refused to have read that portion. But I'm sure you did a great job dissecting each sentence.

I also agree that having a women's Rumble would be better suited on another PPV.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:46 PM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Just making an example how WWE does woman vs man thing. Not every competitor is Chyna and could beat Jericho for IC title.

Great moment for sure. Still cant see how it benefits more then having more women featured in a match where you give them time to showcase their abilities and where instead of one you could give focus to several of them. Glorified cameo is still just a cameo, not the same as having them in focus of things.
Not every woman needs to have a beastly physique like Chyna to be booked like an ultimate vixen. Sable was booked as an ultimate vixen who showed no fear of guys, she'd Powerbomb Marc Mero numerous times, slap Patterson and Brisco around when they tried messing with her, even stood up to the boss, Mr. McMahon in in-ring segments. Jacqueline was another who could hang with the boys in the ring, so did Jazz in ECW. I could easily imagine them booking someone like Asuka or Nia Jax this way and it working. I don't watch Lucha Underground but I hear they do it really well. WWE can do the woman vs. man thing better like they used to, they just need better bookers.

I actually don't see it that way and it's the same case with the men's Royal Rumble, not everybody gets focus, only the main contenders do, which there aren't a lot of. The other woman would just be background fillers, nothing more. In a previous Women's Battle Royal, Gail Kim eliminated herself and no one noticed it at all until it was reported on these wrestling news sites. Just imagine, next year instead of one, they have 3 women enter the Rumble match as surprise entrants: Asuka, Nia Jax and I dunno, Tamina, Ronda Rousey or Charlotte. That would be bigger than the women having their own Rumble match and if they eliminate a male wrestler, makes them look more credible and legit as they have proven they can take it to men just as they can women.

Last edited by Wolf Pac : 11-28-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:04 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Women in the Royal Rumble match have always been side shows, and it would be no different if they did it this year.

I personally don't need to see men fighting women to feel like women are equal. I don't really have much desire to either. WWE is trying to put out a certain image and having a woman, no matter how big or well built as legit they are, going out and getting punched in the face by a man is going to give them all sorts of unwanted press and destroy the image they are trying to create.

And fuck Jacqueline. She was awful, could barely wrestle or perform basic moves, and only felt like a big deal because she could hip toss a few jobber level male wrestlers. She is one of the most overstated and overrated people in pro wrestling history and was a waste of time.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:03 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
The answer for me is zero. That's not the point.

To make the decision that the women are relevant enough to have their own Rumble, only to have it be a dominant, win-from-the-#1-spot spectacle for some "star" that only hardcore fans even know is nonsense. She has been on the main roster for a cup of coffee and is "A-zoo-ka" to plenty. She is not Ric Flair in '92. Internet fans are the ones who watch 80 hours of this crap every week and read all of the awful articles and watch the Network/NXT, which most people do not. That is not the majority of fans. Her streak is below most people's radar and she is nowhere near as popular as Daniel Bryan was when his predictable, yet deserving, win came to fruition. That Mania needed that big moment. The Rumble does not need this ho-hum faux moment. It's an insult because it immediately shows that the women need to play every Rumble card at once to make it relevant. So, save me your quotes of overused, Cena-like points because I don't know what you're talking about. I don't read those posts, so if I use a phrase that those people overuse, too bad. You want a phrase people overuse? Talk about "telling a story" during a match. Save that for the full-time wrestling lifers that flood this repetitive forum. For the Rumble, for all fans and people of all levels of interest, your idea for the women's Rumble is a terrible idea.
So doing something that could potentially lead to an interesting Women's Championship match up for WrestleMania isn't the point? Also, your assessment of Asuka's popularity doesn't seem to jive with the recognition she's been getting on Raw. Right now, Asuka is probably the only woman on the main roster who hasn't been diluted by lousy booking decisions that hinder her momentum and that makes her stand out in a positive way. If Asuka being in the Rumble, going all the way and having that match at WrestleMania is the end game, then I'm willing to endure the so called "ho-hum faux moment" you mentioned. Speaking of which, why exactly would it be "ho-hum?" Just because you don't like it? Most things in wrestling are subjective, so I don't see why you try to pass off your opinions as rock solid gospel. Also, please, for the love of God, stop trying to come off as though you're somehow above the "full-time wrestling lifers" or anyone who frequently posts in these forums. Every last one of us spend a significant portion our time investing in a fake sport that revolves around men & women engages in fake feuds that culminate in fake fights so do yourself, and everyone else, a favor and stop behaving as though this is all beneath you.

We're obviously of two different minds on this: I want to see something which results in Asuka, the only female who hasn't been butchered by Vince yet, heading to WrestleMania as I think she's the only one CURRENTLY who can provide an interesting opponent for whomever is champion by then. The Royal Rumble is a stepping stone to WrestleMania, and important stepping stone but a stepping stone nonetheless. I've no idea what it is you want, nor do I really care.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria