WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-17-2017, 04:17 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I feel that by the time Punk will come back to pro wrestling and he will someday, it won't be for WWE. Also i don't see him being that big of a deal when he comeback unless he's successful in MMA and become a big star.

The problem With somebody like Punk is that he's became a big star in WWE by chance. He cut a ''Shoot'' promo that cut the attention of the fans and they ran with it. Sadly the more they advance with it, the more fandom started to fade and his merchandise sell where fading as well.

So now that he'S not in the limelight of pro wrestling, how big of a star his he really? If he would say, screw this MMA bullshit, i'm going back to wrestling today, then i could see his comeback be a big deal for any promotion around the world, but the more he wait to comeback, the more his star power is fading and he's not as marketable anymore.

Would i like to see him back at mania one day, Sure, he deserve one last big match at mania maybe even a main event spot but with all the problems he has with WWE right now and the fact that he'S focus more on MMA then wrestling, i really doubt that this will happen.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:01 AM
WZCW Elite Openweight Champion
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Another CM Punk thread? His fans just won't give up. Read the following and repeat out loud.

CM Punk is never coming back. He.... Is.... Never.... Coming.... Back!

Now that we have addressed what should be obvious, there is the matter of the other thing the opening post stated. How is Punk going to cause another wrestling boom? The Pipebomb promo didn't cause one and in January it will be 4 years since he left. Each day it becomes less and less and of a big deal if he were to come back. Sure, that initial fan reaction would rival the cheers from when The Hardy's came back at Wrestlemania last year. But then what? I give it one PPV cycle. By the next major event it would wear off. I could see him going to Smackdown and taking a disgruntled character like what Dolph had been doing, only better, and going somewhere with that. Maybe leading a stable with Owens and Sami. AJ Lee would fit in great in either Women's division if she comes back with him. It would be entertaining. Absolutely. Another wrestling boom though? Come on. That's just silly. Even if history repeats itself to where we have another fed become as big as WCW, Punk wouldn't cause the boom.

Let's say a miracle does occur and he does make a surprise return at the Rumble. I would want to see him finally get that Wrestlemania main event. They missed it at Wrestlemania 29 in two different opportunities at that show when he did not get to end Taker's streak and when he also did not get a triple threat with Cena & The Rock. That doesn't mean it's happening. Punk won't main event this year's Wrestlemania if Roman VS Brock is also on the card. He'd be in some secondary feud for the World Heavyweight Championship against Jinder or something, that is the best he could hope for. Maybe next year's Wrestlemania he could get the World Championship main event he wants, and AJ Lee could wrestle for one of the Women's Championships at the same event. I want to see it happen. That doesn't mean I think it will, because I don't.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
Another CM Punk thread? His fans just won't give up. Read the following and repeat out loud.

CM Punk is never coming back. He.... Is.... Never.... Coming.... Back!
But... They said.. Imagine..

I'm not sure how over CM Punk was during the height of his WWE popularity, but his reach is still absolutely insane years later. I'm a big fan of his work prior to going, but the stuff I've watched back from his time in WWE doesn't really excite me. I think if I watched it at the time or understood where WWE fans were coming from at that time I'd enjoy it more than likely. The abyss is huge between both parties upon Punk's exit and it's impossible to tell if anything else really went on or has happened since that hasn't been shared or leaked to the public. If he comes back to wrestling sooner than later I picture it being with Bullet club and specifically interacting with The Elite. Vice versa If he continues to just drift further and further from pro-wrestling over the years to come I think if anything he'll pop up in WWE. Just looking at the current state right now that is.

I just want him to be paid and be happy. As a fan of the character and wrestler if he did come back to wrestling I would want him to actually wrestle. Not go to sports entertainment land. As someone who likes him as a person and has enjoyed the small time around his camp. I don't even really care. We have plenty of good stuff going on right now and more wrestling than any one person can watch anyway. He would make news no matter what anyone says, but there is a 90%(+) chance if he came back anywhere in the best possible scenario it wouldn't shake the world as much as wrestling fans would want.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:31 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
Man, you're a idiot. Punk is not an egomaniac, he's just a little douchebag who has no respect for anyone, who brought down morale backstage, nobody likes him except wrestling fans who's entire lives revolve around wrestling.. You're the same people who defend Chris Benoit, because as long as they can wrestle, who cares about anything else, right?
Let me say a few thngs
1. Punk has a huge ego but come on how is this different from the guys in the Kliq. Shawn Michaels did the same (remember when we "lost his smile" or walked of the WWE around June 97?), Kevin Nash and his politics helped brought down morale in the WCW locker room. At least for Punk, before he walked out, was frustrated but didn't refuse to put over the guys he was asked to.

2. I don't know why you brought up Chris Benoit in this. If you think I am defending him because of him murdering his family then (f*** you). As for his talent and what he bring as a WWE Superstar. If you think I am an idiot for that then you must think Vince McMahon is an idiot too because he wanted to sign Benoit and made him win the World Title at WMXX.

3. No need to call me an idiot if you don't agree with me. If you are going to behave this way in the fourms then you need to leave. Grow up.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Let me say a few thngs
1. Punk has a huge ego but come on how is this different from the guys in the Kliq. Shawn Michaels did the same (remember when we "lost his smile" or walked of the WWE around June 97?), Kevin Nash and his politics helped brought down morale in the WCW locker room. At least for Punk, before he walked out, was frustrated but didn't refuse to put over the guys he was asked to.

2. I don't know why you brought up Chris Benoit in this. If you think I am defending him because of him murdering his family then (f*** you). As for his talent and what he bring as a WWE Superstar. If you think I am an idiot for that then you must think Vince McMahon is an idiot too because he wanted to sign Benoit and made him win the World Title at WMXX.

3. No need to call me an idiot if you don't agree with me. If you are going to behave this way in the fourms then you need to leave. Grow up.
If you don't have an ego, you'll never make it. FACT!
Old 11-19-2017, 01:21 PM

Garak is looking to come up from OCW...Garak is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allah Loves PaperGhost View Post
Sneaky feeling, completely left field but one of the best disenchanted pro wrestler in CM Punk could propel pro wrestling int another boom.
I liked his work. However, is it really plausible that CM Punk could propel pro wrestling into a boom? He didn't do it before. He doesn't have the crossover appeal.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:37 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garak View Post
I liked his work. However, is it really plausible that CM Punk could propel pro wrestling into a boom? He didn't do it before. He doesn't have the crossover appeal.
It's hard to say there seems to have some sort of a sub culture mainstream following. Not exactly a guy with cross overappeal but seems to be someone that has appeal outside of the wrestling.

Who knows maybe if WWE nurtured that he would have a broader appeal. Austin's and Hogan's popularity didn't spawn over night both needed to be associated with a celebrity to go over the top.

Of course I am not saying Punk would bring WWE to another boom period but if his push was handled better he would have been a bigger draw.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:10 PM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Fun thread.

I love how people are calling Punk an egomaniac and saying he will never be back.

Cute.

Anyway, see I'll explain a few things FIRST) IMAGINE, he returns and where do you see him going and SECOND) The wrestling world is experiencing a bit of a renaissance albeit a small one compared to the Eras behind it. But it is developing and it would take one storyline Ala nWo or one superstar Ala Hulk Hogan to propel it into SOME sort of mainstream attention again.

I would have thought if Brock could do both UFC and WWE that would have been it and everyone from us the AE fans, to the old school fans to the new ones would have loved it.

That isn't happening now.

See if Punk does sign with a ROH, NJPW their reach gets a significant amount of boost but it is in WWE where you see the most impact.

Now I see people here going 'oh he's like Joe, Balor he was just the most indie guy in 2011 in WWE now he will be lost...' stop. Hulk Hogan looked like every body guy in the 80s and Steve's black trunks brawler style weren't unheard of especially to Hawk Bradshaw. It's the personality, his connection and he DOES have a connection.

The right storyline, the right build voila!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:46 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

I have said it before but I believe CM Punk is the most overrated wrestler in history, Skill wise he was at best decent and passable but was far from great or from being anything special, didn't stand out and promo wise he was the dullest promo guy ever in the company, All he did was complain about his oponent to hype a match, He left because he couldn't headline wrestlemania because of the part timers but the year he left Daniel Bryan headlined wrestlemania? Punk doesn't even have 1% of the talent of a Daniel Bryan so how dare he? Vince is a business man if anyone drew they would headline Wrestlemania their not going to sacrifice a huge draw for some part timer, He has also brought back several others for doing worse than what Punk done so if they thought there was money to be made he would be back but I don't think many care for Punk anymore and certainly not for the money Punk thinks he's worth anyway only good accomplishment the guy has done was marry AJ Lee.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

OK, we can imagine three men with the egos the size of Canada, all suck it up for the greater good. OK, now that we are out of Wonderland, the Queen of Hearts is saying "Good riddance to bad rubbish." CM Punk needs WWE right now like he needs to be diagnosed with AIDS. He owns real estate in Chicago, where he is killing it. (A Tattoo joint is paying him $4K a month rent). He is making money from his comic book deals and appearances. He still has an MMA deal. Never mind AJ's royalties. Unless VKM is going to give him better than Brock, which he won't, no way in hell does Punk even FATHOM coming back.