WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-28-2017, 09:09 AM
George Steele's Barber's Avatar
George Steele's Barber George Steele's Barber is offline
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,821
George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
That's my point exactly, if you read the whole thread, I talk about how the smark like you like to call them are expecting too much out of the NXT talent when they get called up. That why, I Said that it hurting the talents more then helping them. Fans expect those guys especially the top tiers guys to get to same success on the main roster and being rocketed to the main event level on the main roster just because they we're main event talent on nxt and they bitch about it when they don't get that main event spot. That's why I talk about overexposure.
And I'm telling you that it doesn't matter in the big picture if some fans bitch. They are still watching the product and going to events and buying deal. They care, that's far more important then their full satisfaction.

Quote:
Look I get that NXT is a great brand and everything,
So why change It?

Quote:
They're making some money with it and it o.k even through they prove with the low tickets sales for nxt: war games that They're not on the same level as wwe.
It is incredibly unrealistic to expect them to be on the same level as Raw and SD. Being the least amount of revenue is not a failure. It doesn't matter if they make the least amount of money, what is important is if they make enough money.

Quote:
It's still a good source of money and they shouldn't close it down. I'm just saying that it should be less about being a brand and more about being a developmental territory. Give a chance to those that are their to learn to get accustomed to be a tv instead of featuring the best Indy stars every week.
Then how are they going to make money? Who is going to a show to watch green wrestlers? Who is going to tune in to watch shitty wrestling?

And further, how does this help with overexposure? You're still exposing talent, it is just a different type of talent.

Quote:
How do you want thoses guys to be ready for the main when all the tv spots are taken by the big Indy names that are already ready for the main and are just their to help the brand make money. That's why I saying that it hurting the talents in the long run.
Cream will rise to the top. If the talent is there, it will shine through. HHH will book the homegrown talent to success if he feels like there is money to make out of them. He will use the more established Indy guys to help with that success. It's pretty simple.

Quote:
Also, just look at how developmental was 15 years ago.
Look at the drug testing policy from 15 years ago as well.

Quote:
Look at OVW and how many big stars came out of the territory. John cena, Brock lesnar, Batista, Randy Orton, Beth phoenix, Shelton Benjamin
And other than Lesnar there was a time where idiots on the internet complained about their booking and character and wanted more for those wrestlers, JUST LIKE TODAY.


Quote:
just to name those guys all came from OVW and the fact that nobody saw them grow help them in getting a connection with the fans on the main roster without having any expectations and for most of them,
Not true

Quote:
they became megastar.
If you want to be taken seriously don't refer to Shelton Benjamin and Beth Phoenix as megastars.

Quote:
It was easier for them to make an impact because they we'rent expose to them every week, so they we're able to grow without having the spotlight put on them
No, they were able to grow because they have more talent and appeal than Nakamura and Roode.

And it also took time.

Quote:
I get that time as change but in the end nxt is a developmental territory and it should be portrait at this and not as the third brand.
What is the difference? Everyone knows that they are not on the same level as Raw and SD.


Quote:
They want to make money with it, I say go for it but they shouldn't forget what the mission of nxt is and That's to TRAIN the next generation of wrestlers, That's what important and sometimes I feel like they forget that just so they can please their fans base and make money.
Are you suggesting that the NXT talent are not getting the best training in the world for them to succeed in NXT and for those that are headed to the main roster to succeed on the main roster?

Quote:
Finally, you never really answer my question. Where did I mention that I wanted NXT to close?
Based on your comments and suggestions (less exposure, less Indy talent, something closer to FCW) you are basically closing NXT. It can still have the NXT brand label but you are taking away the draw of it for the Network and for the fans that travel and spend four or five days on big PPVs.

Doing that will likely kill it.
__________________
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-28-2017, 11:05 AM
#hamler's Avatar
#hamler #hamler is online now
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Posts: 1,909
#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
How do you want thoses guys to be ready for the main when all the tv spots are taken by the big Indy names that are already ready for the main and are just their to help the brand make money.
Big E
Xavier Woods
Enzo Amore
Big Cass
Bray Wyatt
Rusev
Jason Jordan
Bayley
Baron Corbin
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Alexa Bliss
Braun Strowman

Just to name a few. All homegrown talent that have honed their craft even with their "spots taken by Indy talent". Oh and Roman fucking Reigns! You know the guy who's headlined every Wrestlemania for the last 3 years. Yeah that guy. Even now you have Lars Sullivan, two members of Sanity and Andrade Almas being pushed heavily. The Velveteen Dream put on a clinic with Aleister Black at the last Takeover.

No matter how much you want to believe these Indy darlings don't need developmental, most do. The WWE is a completely different set up from every other company in the world. Here's an interview from Triple H on Balor's experiences when he first got to NXT.

From ESPN Is that a legit enough source for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple H
"Finn BŠlor is a guy that came in from an indie group -- so successful, a great in-ring performer, but had never really talked much. The first NXT event we did, he looked at me afterwards and was like, 'Dude, my mind is blown, because I never once thought where cameras were, or any of the other things that we do.'"
Once again, I've provided you with examples and actual quotes of people that prove your theory wrong. I'm betting you'll skip right over that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJosť View Post
Hamler takes some names and kicks some ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-28-2017, 05:41 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,541
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by #hamler View Post
Big E
Xavier Woods
Enzo Amore
Big Cass
Bray Wyatt
Rusev
Jason Jordan
Bayley
Baron Corbin
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Alexa Bliss
Braun Strowman

Just to name a few. All homegrown talent that have honed their craft even with their "spots taken by Indy talent". Oh and Roman fucking Reigns! You know the guy who's headlined every Wrestlemania for the last 3 years. Yeah that guy. Even now you have Lars Sullivan, two members of Sanity and Andrade Almas being pushed heavily. The Velveteen Dream put on a clinic with Aleister Black at the last Takeover.

No matter how much you want to believe these Indy darlings don't need developmental, most do. The WWE is a completely different set up from every other company in the world. Here's an interview from Triple H on Balor's experiences when he first got to NXT.

From ESPN Is that a legit enough source for you?

Once again, I've provided you with examples and actual quotes of people that prove your theory wrong. I'm betting you'll skip right over that.
Again Thanks for the example i really appreciate them.

Now it's my turn,what have all the names you just put have in common, they we're all in NXT before the indy invasion or where barely use in NXT to begin with. If you don't believe me, go rewatch Some of the older episode of NXT.


As far as Strowman is concern, the only thing he did in NXT was being part of the Rosebud for a couple of show since he got most of his training on the main roster and Reigns got most of his training in FCW and appeared only on 2 or three of the earlier episode of NXT.

Alexa Bliss was pretty much in the shadow of Charlotte, sasha and Bayley throughout her stay in NXT and only became a star on the main roster because she didn't have, The four horsewomen to cast a shadow over her and she was finally given a chance to run with the ball.

As for the current product, First i considered Andrede a indy guys because they got him from another promotion and he already had experience before showing up, So he's not at the same level as a Lars Sullivan or Velveteen dream, which by the way while they are both talented guys, won't make it far on the main roster, one because he's too generic and they have so many other monster type characters that can do this gimmick way better and the other because of the gimmick which scream comedy gimmick on the main roster which means he'S going to be settle with a low midcard spot and will be job out pretty much every week. My point is while i do agree that the indy guys needs training mostly because they never wrestled in a Entertainment company that produce wrestling which means they need to realize we're the camera are and how to play to them. They didn't need to be in developmental for a long period like some of them did. Finn lasted over a year they're, so did nakamura and Joe just to name a few. A guy like Mcintyre doesn'T need to be on the brand, he'S already familiar with the WWE style, so why did they put him on that brand in the first place when somebody that needed like Allister Black who should be in the main event picture already is stock in the mid card wrestling guys that while good, won't amount to anything on the main roster.

In the end let'S stop this back in forth and let's just agree to disagree on this. I don't think that it's worth it to try and prove that the other is wrong just for the sake of it. I Respect your opinion about this subject and the question is do you respect mine or you just want to prove me wrong? i guess i'll have to wait and see.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-28-2017, 05:58 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,541
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
And I'm telling you that it doesn't matter in the big picture if some fans bitch. They are still watching the product and going to events and buying deal. They care, that's far more important then their full satisfaction.



So why change It?



It is incredibly unrealistic to expect them to be on the same level as Raw and SD. Being the least amount of revenue is not a failure. It doesn't matter if they make the least amount of money, what is important is if they make enough money.



Then how are they going to make money? Who is going to a show to watch green wrestlers? Who is going to tune in to watch shitty wrestling?

And further, how does this help with overexposure? You're still exposing talent, it is just a different type of talent.



Cream will rise to the top. If the talent is there, it will shine through. HHH will book the homegrown talent to success if he feels like there is money to make out of them. He will use the more established Indy guys to help with that success. It's pretty simple.



Look at the drug testing policy from 15 years ago as well.



And other than Lesnar there was a time where idiots on the internet complained about their booking and character and wanted more for those wrestlers, JUST LIKE TODAY.




Not true



If you want to be taken seriously don't refer to Shelton Benjamin and Beth Phoenix as megastars.



No, they were able to grow because they have more talent and appeal than Nakamura and Roode.

And it also took time.



What is the difference? Everyone knows that they are not on the same level as Raw and SD.




Are you suggesting that the NXT talent are not getting the best training in the world for them to succeed in NXT and for those that are headed to the main roster to succeed on the main roster?



Based on your comments and suggestions (less exposure, less Indy talent, something closer to FCW) you are basically closing NXT. It can still have the NXT brand label but you are taking away the draw of it for the Network and for the fans that travel and spend four or five days on big PPVs.

Doing that will likely kill it.
Quick Question, When NXT start this new format did you watch it? Because i sure did, you had a great mix of talent that we'Re all learning to be on t.v and were working together and slowly but surely, fans started watching it especially when they put it on the network and back then while you did have some indy guys, they weren't big draws and they got put in positions to help the younger guys with no experience grow. We wouldn't have a charlotte if it wasn'T for Paige and Natalya helping her out who then help Sasha out and the list goes on and on of indy stars helping out the younger generations.

What i'm suggesting is not to take the indy stars away from NXT, but more use them to help the younger guys make a name from themselves by wrestling them instead of always putting indy guy vs indy guy on top. You can draw as much money with a match between lest say Drew mcintyre and Lars sullivan as you could with two top indy stars, the difference is the first one help a younger guy get experience on a main event level.

You mention IMPACt Wrestling in a earlier post, What was the first thing fans complains for years about IMPACT? How the home grown guys could get a spot in the main event level because it was alway occupied by the big name talent. That's what NXT is starting to become and their popularity is starting to fade because of it again based on the attendance of the last takeover special and the fact they don'T do as much touring as they use do.

Sure they get some of the best training in the world, i'm not disputing that but i am saying that the booking is becoming stale because it's always about the same guys while others get that deserve a spot on the show get almost nothing.

Also on a side note, While i don't considered shelton to be a huge star like Cena, Orton, Lesnar and Batista. I do considered him a big star based on everything he accomplish during his career. As for Beth, She a fucking Hall Of Famer, if she wasn't a huge star within the women's division, they wouldn't even bother inducting her this year.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-28-2017, 09:43 PM
Rainbow Yaz's Avatar
Rainbow Yaz Rainbow Yaz is offline
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Age: 27
Posts: 2,470
Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
As for Beth, She a fucking Hall Of Famer, if she wasn't a huge star within the women's division, they wouldn't even bother inducting her this year.
Yeah, because we all know that Koko B. Ware was a huge star and really moved those ticket sales in the early 90s.

Serious question, because your grammar and spelling are often terrible. Is English your first language or do you have some kind of learning disability? I also ask because you fail to grasp the point of everyone else in this thread. Multiple people have proven your points wrong, often with links to facts, and you ignore them to keep pushing your stupid points. You say "I read on multiple websites" yet you fail to provide any links to these websites that support your points.

You say NXT is dying because one Takeover, which took place close to a major American holiday, had lower than average attendance. You talk about all the big stars OVW and FCW produced, despite it being common knowledge that FCW was dogshit and OVW had one decent class that included Cena, Batista, and Orton.

As far as this indy invasion you claim is happening to NXT, what do you suggest? To me, it seems like you want NXT to take these guys who have built solid name value on the independent scene and push them to the bottom of the card and make them jobbers so the "home grown" NXT talent can get to the top. I mean, clearly taking Adam Cole and making him job in four minutes to the latest failed football player that just started in the Performance Center is going to bring in the fans that are clearly leaving because TakeOver War Games did below average attendance numbers.
__________________
WZCW: Join Today
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM
TakeTheSting TakeTheSting is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 24
TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I don’t think nxt being booked as the third brand hurts it at all. In fact I think that’s why it’s so popular. Raw and smack down focus primarily on the sports entertainment and storylines, a lot of horrible storylines that either make no sense, or the fans end up not even caring about. Nxt on the other hand focuses on letting their roster showcase more of what they can really do, and HHH to his credit had let the fans decide who succeeds because of it. Nxts pay previews out did Raw and smack downs the entire year of 2017 and it wasn’t even close. A lot of times their opening match would be better then raw and smack downs main event. They never miss a step either.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-06-2018, 01:02 AM
d_henderson1810 d_henderson1810 is offline
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,644
d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeTheSting View Post
I donít think nxt being booked as the third brand hurts it at all. In fact I think thatís why itís so popular. Raw and smack down focus primarily on the sports entertainment and storylines, a lot of horrible storylines that either make no sense, or the fans end up not even caring about. Nxt on the other hand focuses on letting their roster showcase more of what they can really do, and HHH to his credit had let the fans decide who succeeds because of it. Nxts pay previews out did Raw and smack downs the entire year of 2017 and it wasnít even close. A lot of times their opening match would be better then raw and smack downs main event. They never miss a step either.
I don't see NXT as a third brand, and here is why.

NXT should have matches on the main WWE cards to be considered on the same level.

For example, Wrestlemania should have a NXT World Title match, an NXT Tag-Team Title match and an NXT Women's Title match. By having all three brands on the biggest shows, it makes NXT look equal to RAW and SD!

I would like to see RR have 10 RAW, 10 SD and 10 NXT stars in the Rumble (both men's and women's) and the main NXT Titles being defended on the big four shows. Also, I would like to see an NXT "Money-In-The-Bank" Match.

All of these things will elevate the NXT talent, and expose them to a wider audience, some of who don't get NXT where they live. I would have liked to have seen Bobby Roode, Shinsuke and others at WM or Summerslam while they were still in NXT. Let's see them on the big stage, and see how they handle themselves. Why not take the risk and throw some of them out there onto the big stage.

I remember one time John Cena telling Stephanie that Seth Rollins had to defend both his U.S. and WWE Titles at "Night Of Champions" before ALL titles are meant to be on the line (I know that it didn't happen this year either, because of the ridiculous brand extension). But I remember thinking "Okay then, so how come the NXT Titles aren't defended at "Night Of Champions" (which is what it was called back then), if every title in WWE is on the line?"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices