WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > The WrestleZone Tournament Archives > The 3rd Annual Wrestlezone Tournament (2009) > WWE Region
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Bret Hart vs. Harley Race
Hart 42 56.76%
Race 32 43.24%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Everybody Has A Price!
Million Dollar Champion

SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...SavageTaker is being held back by Triple H...

I think Race is going to take this too.

Just because "The Hitman" wrestled in long matches, so did Harley Race. Race has gone through epically long matches too, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Race has fought in Longer matches than Hart. Meaning that Hart will not be able to outlast Race.

Also, Race is a legit tough guy. He might even be tougher than Hart so that should help him wear Hart out, Also he has the Headbutt...So that should help him out a lot. If Bret "The Hitman" Hart can keep the Sharpshooter long enough, which I think Race would be able to reverse it or escape from it, then he might have a chance. But for now my Vote is on Harley Race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunderbunker View Post
Your stuff is pretty good ST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfearbefore View Post
SavageTaker is the man. That is all.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

I think the power game will overtake the submission game and Race was more powerful than Hart. Bret will keep Harley grounded for a while but I believe Race has enough to put Hart in the dumpster and pick up the win.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Throwing a tantrum
King of the Ring

Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...Mr. TM scored a win over Santino Marella...

May I start by asking how Bret Hart is not a tough wrestler? Did he not grow up with eight brothers in a wrestling family? Is he not the guy who excelled in amateur wrestling?Is he not the guy who had brothers piss in his mouth causing himself to develop legitamate fighting abilities? The guy whose father is know for making Harley Race and many other tough men of wrestling cry who then went on to teach his son everything he knows. He is an artist of the wrestling world, never hurting an opponent in the ring. He can surgically execute his opponents in any enviroment. You mean to tell me this man is not able to decimate another opponent in the ring, crippling him with the sharpshooter then taking his beatdown corpse to the can and dropping him like he dropped Sunny.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
WWE European Champion

Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...Hyorinmaru is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Hyorinmaru

Submissions don't matter in this match so Bret could wear Race down and lock in the sharpshooter. Once Bret has it locked in Race would tap but you don't win by submission so Bret more than likely wouldn't let go until Race had either passed out or broke a leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Poster
Race would never pass out to the Sharpshooter.
well Random Poster if Steve Austin passed out to the Sharpshooter There is no doubt in my mind Harley Race would pass out to the Sharpshooter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Poster
The only reason Austin passed out is because he was loosing pints of blood due to it being a DQ match.
Well a Dumpster Match also has no DQs and as Hart showed in that no DQ submission match you mentioned he knows how to use foreign objects. Odds are he would make Race bleed just as much if not more than Austin did thus making him pass out and being easy pickins to be rolled into the dumpster giving Hart the win.

This short skit has been brought to you by the Vote for Bret Hart foundation

Last edited by Hyorinmaru : 05-18-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Kayfabe wise, I would say Bret Hart is the smartest man in the history of professional wrestling. The character was truly flawless. You put him in any situation, and he overcomes it with ease simply because of his intelligence.

Harley Race is no dummy either and he's a tough motherfucker, but Bret Hart finds a way to put him in a fucking dumpster, especially since Harley isn't one of those heels who had this large entourage to help him out.

Since it's one on one... Bret Hart pulls off the victory in a hard fought match-up.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM

ZEUS is looking to come up from OCW...ZEUS is looking to come up from OCW...ZEUS is looking to come up from OCW...ZEUS is looking to come up from OCW...ZEUS is looking to come up from OCW...ZEUS is looking to come up from OCW...

I've gotta go with The Hitman. Hart was very underrated in hardcore environments, just check out his No DQ match with Diesel (don't remember the PPV, but it was great, and Hart took it to Diesel). The fact is, that Hart will take a beating. But, he always did and still managed to win, regardless of stipulation. Race is tough, and a great wrestler, but I think The Hitman has the edge.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Future Endeavored

savagelegacy is looking to come up from OCW...savagelegacy is looking to come up from OCW...

Pretty sure Bret Hart be feeling on that butt, what. Bret Hart knows his way around a dumpster - he did end his career in WCW.

Harley Race here - the hall of famer would never lose to Hart.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

I think I have to give it to Race but it's very close. Both guys can get violent when they need to, but there's really no strategy for a match like this. Either guy could win this easily, but while I can picture Hart losing it, I just can't picture Race losing it. Even if Bret knocks him out with the Sharpshooter, that's still dead weight he has to get into the dumpster. This match is goign to be won with a quick move to get someone in there, and I think Race is crafty enough to do that first. Neither will make many mistakes, so I have to go with Race, out of pure greatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

Harley Race seems like the type of guy that would bring a pair of Brace Knuckles with him in his trunks, and use them at the opportune time on Bret Hart. However, Bret Hart seems like the fellow tor ealize that Harley Race would be the type of person to bring a pair of Brass Knuckles to the ring to use at an opportune time.

Harley Race also seems like the type of person to bring a pair of brass knuckles, and also hid a spare in the turnbuckle of the ring rope when Bret Hart effectively neutralized the first pair of brass knuckles in the ring. But Bret Hart also seems to be the type of guy that would knwo that Harley Race would ahve two pairs of Brass Knuckles at ring side.

Btu what happens when Harley Race gets thrown into a dumpster, and then gets up and clocks Bret Hart in the face with a third set of Brass Knuckles that he had hidden in the bumpster. Now I don't think Bret is the type of guys to realize that that would be the game plan.

I can't see the Sharpshooter being effective in this match. Sure it might wear out the legs of Race, but that doesn't help Hart in getting him into the dumpster. Race is more sadistic, and I daresay Race is more brutal and resourceful then Bret Hart.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I am The Last Baron
ECW Champion

Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...Shadowmancer is getting phone calls from TNA...

Link to who voted for who

Harley Race wins this not easily but he wins it. He is superior to Hart in this kind of match. Does Hart have a kind of move that will knock someone down for long enough to close the lid. Not really no. Race has beaten his opponents bloody in the past, and would proceed to dominate Hart at the right time in the dumpster. if you are voting for Hart based on the fact that he is Bret Hart you fail, this match is not in his favour and he is up against a legitimate main-eventer who is a decidedly brutal wrestler at times. This is a decidedly brutal match where the stipulation is a very important aspect of it. Hart doesn't have what it takes to beat Race in this match.
Originally Posted by Me To Mr Wrestling 3:I have called you the Last Great Journeyman Champion. Would you consider that a fair assessment, since it puts you in with the Likes of Brody, Race, Rhodes, Nature Boy and Thesz.
I would but on a very different level. While I spent years traveling the world as both the AWA and NWA World champion I never had the chance to draw the numbers that these guys did. Would I have been able to draw in the 60's and 70's? Maybe now in my 2008 shape and wrestling style but remember those guys worked 380 shots a year.