WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: When do you see the inevitable?
Shocking as it may be, chances are that he doesn't return following his next hiatus 1 4.35%
WrestleMania 34 0 0%
WrestleMania 35 2 8.70%
Not any time soon 13 56.52%
Hard to predict really 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Too difficult to predict. Sure, Cena is 40. So are AJ Styles, Sheamus is there soon, and the recently debuted Bobby Roode is too. We're not wondering when they're retiring.

Michaels and Triple H both wrestled full time until their mid-40s (not sure how heavily they were working the house show circuit). The Undertaker just main evented WrestleMania north of age 50.

The bigger question is when we start to see less of John Cena. When does he become a big ppv only guy like Brock, and when does he become a once a year guy like Taker?

He poised to play the lead in Bumblebee, which will be an artistically devoid money maker like all the Transformers movies and will expose Cena to audiences that may not fully know who he is.

John Cena likely won't be as big a star as Dwayne Johnson, but who knows. If he becomes a box office draw on his own, we'll start to see less of him.

I'd say here on out he's going to work more than Brock, but not much. He'll wrestle on TV, he'll hold at least one or more world titles, then in his mid 40s we'll start to see him whittle away at the schedule.

The other wildcard is health. John Cena strikes me as a very healthy guy. I've never heard any reports of him being a drinker, and I'd be pretty shocked if he's touched drugs given his image and appearance.

He could easily wrestle into his 50s. Cena could be losing to some guy who's 15 years old now, in the main event of WrestleMania 44. Who knows? Who cares?

Some obviously, that's why this thread was started. What matters is how he's booked as his TV time decreases. The last thing we need is another part timer rolling over young talent.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Too hard to predict. Cena is still in phenomenal shape, do you ever see the guy even sweat during a match? He looks as fresh as he does starting a match even if he goes 30 minutes. He really hasn't been in any good starring roles to have Hollywood knocking on his door either. So I'd say he's going to be around for quite awhile longer, even if it's just a part time schedule.

Join WZCW now.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:43 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Like I said it's probably more about his agent than anything. He had to distance himself from the WWE, WWE was pretty toxic at the time and he needed to make it work for himself in Hollywood.

Also, The Rock didn't quit, his contract was up in 2004. Plus it doesn't matter if it's 30 or 40 when you are given an opportunity to star in Hollywood movies and become a star any person would take it.
Quit/left whatever. You get my point.

Rock said it was due to his agent. I didn't disagree. I know about how toxic WWE was. The AE caused huge problems with attracting advertisers.

Quote:
Or common sense. Considering the schedule, the money, and fame you get from being a Hollywood actor as opposed to being having to do a WWE schedule.

Like I said Cena had no right to criticize The Rock at the time not being in the same position as The Rock. And that's the problem I have with him.
Or speculation. Maybe Cena actually loves wrestling.

He only criticized Rock for never coming back. He felt it was a bit disingenuous of Rock to say he loved WWE and never make an appearance here and there. Cena has the right to say and think that. Doesn't mean he is right. Also doesn't make him a hypocrite which is why we started arguing. You said Cena is a hypocrite. He isn't.

Quote:
Come on let's face it Cena, at the time, was way over his head he compared himself to The Rock back then because he was doing movies for WWE Films. And we know doing movies produced by the WWE and comparing that to doing movies for Disney and Universal is pretty laughable. Plus considering what The Rock did for the company (despite being in the Company only for 7 years) Cena was in no position to call out The Rock.
Cena didn't compare himself to Rock. I have no idea what you are going on about. Again, you said Cena was a hypocrite. He isn't.

Quote:
You can call out The Rock for other things but not leaving, it's not The Rock's fault that WWE screwed up in the later years.
What?

Quote:
But he never made an appearance after the whole Benoit thing until 2011.
He hadn't appeared the 3 years before that either.

Quote:
Plus it just wasn't Benoit is was the WWE product at the time. The Attitude Era, the HLA, Necrophilia, story lines.

And even in the Attitude Era or the boom period Wrestling was considered equivalent to the Jerry Springer show.
What relevance did this have to our discussion?
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
Old 09-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

That would be difficult to predict at this time. He's 40 so that day is indeed coming, although it could be far off since he is still in good health. If he remains in more of a part-time position then I could see him sticking around for years. As dedicated as Cena is to the WWE, I doubt he will retire anytime soon. It would take a career-ending injury or for him to reach the point where he simply cannot work a match anymore. I don't see it happening for a long time. He'll at least stick around long enough to break Flair's title record as well as long enough for a true passing of the torch to the next face of the federation.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:08 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I picked "it's hard to predict". If Reigns had taken off as much as the WWE wanted him too, I believe Cena would already be seen less than he is now. The only reason he's stayed around doing as much as he does is because they still don't have anyone to take his place.

On the other hand, if he keeps getting movie roles like the ones being offered too him now he might not have a choice but to leave. Remember the Rock couldn't wrestle at Mania one year because he was filming a movie and the studio said no, or something along those lines. If the same thing happens to Cena then he may have to decide whether to keep wrestling or say goodbye.

Although Cena I don't think will ever completely say goodbye to the WWE, he will come back more than the Rock or Batista did. In what capacity I have no idea, that would depend on what the future holds for him.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:14 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Cena is going nowhere anytime soon. In reality, where is he going to go? He is not the actor Rock is. Cena comes off very wooden. So, I doubt very seriously his movie career will go anywhere. Sure, he has his TV show. But, you can get anyone to host a reality TV show. I see Cena hanging around until his 50's.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:44 AM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If I were to take a guess, I say within the next five years. I see Cena giving full time a rest after 3 years then going part time for two years before hanging them up and becoming a Wrestlemania attraction to draw viewers and buys.

Cena has done enough in his career for the WWE. I hope he retires when he is still healthy to enjoy the remainder of his life in good health.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think he'll retire anytime soon, however I don't think we'll see John Cena working a full-time schedule again.

He'll gradually cut down on his appearances while he does movies etc. but I think that even when he decides to go part-time and compete a few times a year he could still compete on for another 10 years if he wanted to.

Eventually he will start to slow down and miss a beat in the ring, but the guy is still in phenomenal shape, he's still selling merchandise and whether you love him or hate him, he still gets crowd reactions.

I am sure WWE will want to make a big fuss of John Cena for when he does overtake Ric Flair's title record.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Cena will never retire. He will always be coming back to wrestle no matter what anytime he has free space and he will most likely end up like The Undertaker. He will end up as a 21 time world champ. Probably will win the IC title as well. He will stick around for a decade at least. He's currently at the peak of his in ring perfomance and has been ever since 2011-12. We still have a lot to see from John Cena.

Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman, Adam Cole, Bobby Roode, Hideo Itami and many more from around the world are waiting for a shot against this John Cena and there still some big matches to come.

A decade more. At least.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...

Retires? As in doesn't wrestle, anymore, ever? Not any time soon.

Love him or hate him, John Cena is the most concreted star in/from an era that has become proved to become notably devoid of them. Be it genericized "stars", short-termers, or even premature deaths, the previous era that John Cena ushered in lacks established, main line talent in a way that I simply can't recall occurring in the nearly 30 years I've been watching wrestling and WWF/E in particular.

What that effectively does is make John Cena the face by default, despite what his individual talents and personal contributions to WWE may actually be. Strictly by that logic, this puts Cena in the same camp with guys like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold and the Rock, and other standouts from their respective eras. WWE knows that they can always bring Cena out to a reaction (good or bad) and as long as he can physically perform in some capacity, he'll come out to the ring, do his job (figuratively or literally) and get paid.

To that end, I can absolutely envision a 50-60 year old John Cena hobbling out to the ring a la Hulk Hogan in 10-20 years to "perform." I could even see him having some sort of main event position or perhaps even a title run at that point. Wrestling (and WWE in particular) is funny like that, particularly if there is the same kind of new talent drought as when Cena was initially coming up.