WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-18-2017, 10:44 AM
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencesc11 View Post
I would expect him to sign with Global Force Wrestling. Jarrett would take the chance knowing the drawing power he would get.
I doubt it, actually. He's very injury prone, and his injuries tend to be pretty major. The last thing his company needs is another WWE cast off coming in, getting the title, and then not being around to ever defend it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:32 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

If VKM and Kevin Dunn were not into "Lookism", DBry would have been in the ring eons ago. The minute DBry steps into the ring, he becomes the de facto face of the company. This would have done serious damage to the promotion of Roman Reigns. They would have encouraged him to adapt a "Miz-type" style so he would not get hurt. But, bringing DBry back in a wrestling capacity would hurt Roman Reigns, the superhero from Central Casting.
DBry would go the Indy route if New Japan took a pass. And, he would make a fortune working less, keeping all of his merch, never paying for ANYTHING except the rental car, and drawing sell out crowds to every town he goes to. Why do you think VKM did not release him? Because VKM knows DBry can still go, and he would give a boost to ANY promotion. Once 2018 comes around, DBryan will be commanding Rey Misterio money... and he will get it and more, while being away from Tucson less.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Court case or not, Roman or not, it is hard to believe Vince would hold DB back if he felt it was safe (enough) for him to wrestle. That makes the idea of him wrestling not all that appealing for me. There are plenty of organizations out there that would give him a spot but I doubt they could capatilize on what made him his greatest and my focus would be the same focus I had watching the last scene in The Wrestler.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allah Loves PaperGhost View Post
Surely he will tone it down.

He'd be a fool to go back as often to those bag of tricks and it's in his own hands really.

Steve Austin was a smooth as fuck worker till Owen had a brainfart and damn near crippled him. He rehabbed, came back and knew the hand he was dealt, and still got over.
He clearly has no regard for his own body and health though. He lied about injuries and tried to hide concussions from WWE officials.

He had a chance to tone it down, and he didn't. How many times does he need to be on the shelf for an extended period before he changes his style?

And if he does change his style, I don't think he will be as popular. He really doesn't have a character, he isn't someone who can cut memorable promos, and most of his popularity, popularity that I bought into and enjoyed, was based on how hard he worked in ring and was ignored in favor of inferior workers. If he comes back, he won't recapture that popularity because he already reached the summit, he had his moment. Whoever takes a chance on him isn't going to be able to recreate the underdog character.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:28 PM
PM me your cat's farts.
WWE Diva's Champion

BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...BaconBits is getting phone calls from TNA...

Another thing that nobody seems to consider in all of this... both DB and Brie are professional wrestlers. They're almost assuredly working, especially if they're still being paid large sums of money by the WWE. The whole gives no fucks DB is his character right now.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

I hope against all hope that Bryan and the WWE both vehemently stick to their guns; leading to Bryan's exit from the company after his contract expires, and opening the door for him to enter New Japan Pro Wrestling as an active roster member.

There are literally dozens of fresh and intriguing matches for Bryan on the NJPW roster, including several legitimate top flight dream matches(against the likes of Tana, Okada, Naito, Omega, Ibushi, Ishii, etc.).

The possibility of Bryan headlining solely New Japan branded shows on American soil, that are airing live on AXStv to a national wrestling audience, while defending the IWGP US title against top of the card NJPW guys, could cause the closest thing to recognizable competition that WWE has seen since Turner had his pocket books open in the late 90s.

The other biggest dream scenario here is combining this above stated possibility with the tease from the G1 finale that Katsuyori Shibata may also be looking to convince doctors that he is eventually fit for a possible return to the ring. Considering the circumstances, and the seemingly impossible nature of a Bryan/Shibata match ever going down as recently as even a few short months ago, that match-up occurring at some point in 2018/2019 represents a dream match on the magnitude of anything that can be drawn up in the current wrestling landscape. The image of Bryan and Shibata standing center ring and fearlessly and unhesitantly exchanging stiff shoot headbutts in front of an exceedingly intelligent and appreciative crowd would be the greatest moment that I have ever witnessed as a wrestling fan, and would be a glorious "Fuck You" to so many western fans who are critical of their passion and chosen style.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:24 AM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
Another thing that nobody seems to consider in all of this... both DB and Brie are professional wrestlers. They're almost assuredly working, especially if they're still being paid large sums of money by the WWE. The whole gives no fucks DB is his character right now.
But how long does the facade last?

It's old news DBry teasing wrestling and not wrestling. If this is another case of the Bryans working it really has no pay off if he doesn't wrestle.

I should say that I am against the man wrestling if he doesn't learn from his mistakes and isn't 100%. It will be insane if he has the same schedule and works the same style. If he preserved as a talent and used in PPVs like the other GM Angle..fine!

Otherwise it's just suicide ffs.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:02 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

By now, I already wrote my opinion on this so many time that it's not even funny. As much as bryan wants to wrestles again, I think whoever is dumb enough to take a risk on hin and his health just to make money just don't care about the well being of their performer.

I know bryan wants to wrestle again and never really accepted that his career is over. Also the fans are a big part of why he hasn't move on yet because the fans haven't accepted that his career as a in ring performer is over. But like brie said, yes he's trying a new experiemental procedure to get over his concussions issues, but doctors have said that it's still really risky and if they see that it might be to risky for his life then they will have to rethink this again.

On a personal level, I don't see what bryan need to prove in wrestling, he pretty much did everything so why risk your health because you still want to wrestle, but it's his decision if he want to go back or not and while I really don't want to see it happen because I'm scared that something similar to chris benoit happens because of it, some fans still want to see it happens so I'm good with that but I for one won't be watching is return if that happens.

Bryan had a hall of fame worthy career and should be sastified with this and move on in his life.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:09 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Interesting video about the Concussion testing

Apparently the Concussion testing DB failed was based on the standards you put to a MMA fighter.

Thing is WWE doesn't see themselves as a sport but entertainment so shouldn't DB pass based on the latter standards.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:29 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Interesting video about the Concussion testing

Apparently the Concussion testing DB failed was based on the standards you put to a MMA fighter.

Thing is WWE doesn't see themselves as a sport but entertainment so shouldn't DB pass based on the latter standards.
No because while they see themselves as entertainment, the rest of the world see them as a combat sport. Plus you still have that class action lawsuit against them so if they let Bryan pass a test like that just because they don't see themselves as a sport then it's ammunition against them.