WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-27-2017, 05:38 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Royal Rumble - Womens Edition

Looks like the rumour mill is saying that a womens Royal Rumble will take place in January. With the quality of the womens edition improving drastically over the last year or two I firmly believe it is time we had one!!!

30 competitors over at 1 minute intervals and open the show with it!!! There needs to be as much time as possible between the womens and mens rumble matches.

Raw
Alicia Fox
Asuka
Bayley
Dana Brooke
Mandy Rose
Micky James
Nia Jax
Paige
Sasha Banks
Sonya Deville

Smackdown
Becky Lynch
Carmella
Lana
Liv Morgan
Naomi
Natayla
Ruby Riot
Sarah Logan
Tamina

NXT
Billie Kay
Ember Moon
Nikki Cross

Surprises
Alundra Blayze
Beth Phoenix
Kharma
Layla
Lita
Michelle McCool
Nikki Bella
Sara Del Rey
Trish Stratus

Lots of pops, surprise returns, some good spots - it doesn't need to make sense. The Rumble is mean't to be fun and I think with these 30 ladies it would be!!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:13 AM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

I really like the idea of them trying a women's rumble. I think it should be 20 max, though. Two full-length Rumble matches on one card is going to be tiring. I really don't think a women's rumble is going to resonate well with the majority of fans, but I do like the idea and I want them to try it. I think it needs to be faster-paced and shorter. I hope that it is successful. While many think it won't be, there's no way to find out without trying it.

I would love to see a quick spot by some of the former women's roster members. Maybe not all in one year, but that's just a matter of preference. I think all of them would overshadow the current roster very easily. But like OP said, it doesn't have to make sense.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:29 AM
'The Bringer of Rain'

Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...

I love the idea of a Womens Royal Rumble Match. But the problem lies with eliminations. Very rarely do we see women go over the top rope. In fact most arent tall enough to go over the top. So what do you do? 2nd rope elimination kinda cheapens the match.

Also having 30 women in the match is way too much. I like the idea of 20. Have 2-3 return spots MAX. Have 2 NXT max. That gives 15 spots to Raw/Smackdown. Which the debut of NXT women on both shows already, you really can negate the NXT spots. Have them come out in 1 minute intervals. It makes the match around 25 min, which is actually perfect for a opener.

Again with the eliminations: The match actually would favor Nia Jax and Tamina. Those are really the only two I can see actually throwing the others over the top rope. Trying to imagine all the other women trying to toss them over the ropes is actually quite comical.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:03 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Though my fandom has waned over the years, I almost always watch the Rumble and Mania. I still look forward to Mania, but the Rumble has become terribly predictable and boring. 30 men...3 of which might win. Why is this still interesting? They need to take the title stipulation away to make it possible for most, if not all, contestants to have a legit shot at winning. It's a tradition that has run its course.

I used to look forward to returns like Honky Tonk Man or someone like that...no chance to win, but good for some nostalgia and a funny moment perhaps. But with these guys having longer and longer careers, even the "surprise" entrants haven't been away long enough for it to matter. Example: "Oh my God! It's Alberto Del Rio!" Ok...that's a surprise. ...and now it's over. Fast forward one day later and it's "Oh look...it's Del Rio on Raw again...which I've seen 1,000 times...and he's as boring as ever."

Also, a lot of the suggestions on this board assume that most people watch NXT. That is not true. Last year's Rumble had..I believe it was #10..some NXT guy who had a gimmick that had something to do with #10. "Of course he was #10..nice touch." ...."of course" to those who watch NXT. "Who the hell is this?" to most people. Same as "Who should end Asuka's streak?" Asuka has been on the main roster for 5 minutes. Her "streak" was not seen or known about to many viewers. Therefore, most people don't care how it ends...or even know that it needs to end.

A Rumble of 30 women? Have you seen the lack of creativity in booking the women's division? It's already the same matchups over and over. Oh look...4 women came out and said they want a title shot. Ok, just throw them all in the ring at once and get a new #1 contender. What?? A Rumble of women would be...ok? But isn't it just more of the same? All of the women thrown in the ring at once with a "who cares?" result. I agree there is a lot of women talent these days; but, the way they are handled, this Rumble would be boring at best. "Wow! Becky is #12...or #4...or #17...who cares because they're all just randomly running to the ring for no reason." There are PPVs between Rumble and Mania anyway, so even the title match "prize" doesn't mean anything at that point...unless you are admitting the other PPVs before Mania are throwaways.

The title match stipulation has handcuffed a once-revered tradition. They NEED a new reason to make people care about watching the Rumble. If you know what the Mania plans are, why is the Rumble entertaining? To see how Kofi will not touch the ground this year? To see if the rumors and spoilers you have read for the past year, for some reason, have come true? It's just a very anticlimactic event.

What woman would actually surprise you, by the way? If Lita came out for the inaugural women's Rumble, would you really be surprised? I mean come on.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:30 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho Mans Beard View Post
I love the idea of a Womens Royal Rumble Match. But the problem lies with eliminations. Very rarely do we see women go over the top rope. In fact most arent tall enough to go over the top. So what do you do? 2nd rope elimination kinda cheapens the match.

Also having 30 women in the match is way too much. I like the idea of 20. Have 2-3 return spots MAX. Have 2 NXT max. That gives 15 spots to Raw/Smackdown. Which the debut of NXT women on both shows already, you really can negate the NXT spots. Have them come out in 1 minute intervals. It makes the match around 25 min, which is actually perfect for a opener.

Again with the eliminations: The match actually would favor Nia Jax and Tamina. Those are really the only two I can see actually throwing the others over the top rope. Trying to imagine all the other women trying to toss them over the ropes is actually quite comical.
I disagree they have had female battle royals before Wrestlemania 25 had one for example.

Personally I would enjoy seeing it the Royal Rumble is one of the events I never miss, The only problem I can think of is if they are going to make it a yearly thing the female roster isn't as packed as the male roster, The males can have the ability at least change it up a bit every year but seeing as theres not as many females I think they would struggle and it could end up being almost the same people involved every year I'm not even sure if they have as many as 30 females on the roster.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:50 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I read somewhere that if they are going to do a women's royal rumble that it's going to be a modified version of the match. So i don'T know what this means really but i'm guessing that they won't do a 30 woman's match and it's probably going to be everybody from the roster except for the champions.

Personally, i wouldn't mind if they do this match as a way to set up the women'S title match at the rumble itself. Whoever win the match at the beginning of the show or even on the pre-show gets a title shot at the end of the show.

Also i feel while they want to be a equal opportunity company and everything, i think having 2 rumble matches on one show is overkill unless you modified the women's one so that it doesn'T look and feel the same as the men'S rumble. i don't know how you can do that but you need to make it different so that the fans don't get burned out after seeing the women's rumble match and just stop caring about everything else on the show afterward especially the main rumble match.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:06 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I read somewhere that if they are going to do a women's royal rumble that it's going to be a modified version of the match. So i don'T know what this means really but i'm guessing that they won't do a 30 woman's match and it's probably going to be everybody from the roster except for the champions.

Personally, i wouldn't mind if they do this match as a way to set up the women'S title match at the rumble itself. Whoever win the match at the beginning of the show or even on the pre-show gets a title shot at the end of the show.

Also i feel while they want to be a equal opportunity company and everything, i think having 2 rumble matches on one show is overkill unless you modified the women's one so that it doesn'T look and feel the same as the men'S rumble. i don't know how you can do that but you need to make it different so that the fans don't get burned out after seeing the women's rumble match and just stop caring about everything else on the show afterward especially the main rumble match.
Put it on first, so people who couldn't care less can tune in at 8 and ignore its existence.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:15 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It's up in the air at this point. Earlier this year, there was said to be heavy talk about doing the match then, a few weeks ago, Meltzer reports that there currently aren't any plans to announce the match while the UK Sun says the exact opposite.

I'm not against the idea but, as of right now, it strikes me as more of a novelty than anything else but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It could be fun to see some returns, if WWE can get them, such as Lita and Trish Stratus and I see this could be another opportunity to showcase Asuka as, let's face it, she's the automatic favorite to win such a match and rightly so. Start her off at #1, have go the distance, let her have 7 or 8 eliminations and be the last woman standing. It's simple, it's effective and it's ultimately giving the majority of fans what they want, so it's probably not gonna happen.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-27-2017, 02:41 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
I see this could be another opportunity to showcase Asuka as, let's face it, she's the automatic favorite to win such a match and rightly so. Start her off at #1, have go the distance, let her have 7 or 8 eliminations and be the last woman standing. It's simple, it's effective and it's ultimately giving the majority of fans what they want, so it's probably not gonna happen.
What is effective about this? The inaugural woman's Rumble just happens to have the big star draw #1 and go the distance? How would this look like anything but set up? I mean, obviously, the matches are all predetermined, but isn't this a little too "what was the point of that?", even for a kayfabe believer? It would be a slap in the face to the fans to have such a one-reason mission thrown at them. Anyone who knows who Asuka is will see it for what it is and anyone who doesn't will realize what was just pulled in front of them. This is a horrible, horrible idea. How could any fan get ANYTHING out of seeing this happen?

It's like a best of seven series where one person wins the first three and then it goes seven anyway...who walks away from that thinking that it was anything but a poorly-written best of seven series? Come on, man. You've obviously been a fan a long time. Why do you support such insulting writing?
Old 11-27-2017, 03:25 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rulk25 is looking to come up from OCW...Rulk25 is looking to come up from OCW...Rulk25 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah I agree a better option would be to have Asuka win at the Rumble over Bliss and have the Rumble to see who faces her...Maybe if Char drops the title to Caremlla vis cash in you could see Char win and challenge Asuka or have a suprise return winner like Trishif they want Asuka's streak to last a little longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
What is effective about this? The inaugural woman's Rumble just happens to have the big star draw #1 and go the distance? How would this look like anything but set up? I mean, obviously, the matches are all predetermined, but isn't this a little too "what was the point of that?", even for a kayfabe believer? It would be a slap in the face to the fans to have such a one-reason mission thrown at them. Anyone who knows who Asuka is will see it for what it is and anyone who doesn't will realize what was just pulled in front of them. This is a horrible, horrible idea. How could any fan get ANYTHING out of seeing this happen?

It's like a best of seven series where one person wins the first three and then it goes seven anyway...who walks away from that thinking that it was anything but a poorly-written best of seven series? Come on, man. You've obviously been a fan a long time. Why do you support such insulting writing?