WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I also think this will set up a Sandow cash in. I can't see Cena with the World title unless they are planning to unify. I could see Cena getting the win only for Del Rio to go nuts and lock in the arm breaker not letting go. The when the refs get him off Cena Sandow's music hits, and he comes down and cashes in for the win. Sandow gets the rub from cashing in on Cena, and hopefully he can have a decent WHC run.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:43 PM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBsam31 View Post
Sandow gets the rub from cashing in on Cena, and hopefully he can have a decent WHC run.
This, and it would set up a triple threat match between he, Del Rio, and Cena, and he wouldn't have to beat Cena one-on-one to retain the title. If Cena is healthy and ready to go, Del Rio doesn't beat him either.

There are one of two ways I could see this match going, and both are Cena victories. The first would be Cena simply reversing the Cross-ArmBreaker into the STF, or using that leverage to hoist Del Rio up for the AA. An enraged Del Rio attacks as Cena is celebrating, leaving Sandow open for a cash-in. The other would be similar, but would see Del Rio being DQ'd for failing to break a 5 count. Cena, cheated out of the title in his return, would lock Del Rio in the STF until he passes out, or a gigantic AA that leaves Del Rio out cold. Again, this leaves Sandow open to cashing in, this time on Del Rio.

Im leaning towards the first, and that's Cena winning the title only for Sandow to cash-in. Simply, that leaves Sandow in a triple threat in his first defense, making it possible for him to steal a victory rather than having to retain against Cena, or a dull heel vs. heel matchup with Del Rio. This way, he could also boast to having beaten both Cena and Del Rio already, which is quite the accomplishment.

After a whole lot of losing, Sandow looked Del Rio's equal 3 weeks ago in a double count-out match with Del Rio. Since then, Sandow has been marginalized, and no real discussion has been had as to his cash-in. On previous PPV's and the weeks leading up to it, Sandow has been discussed quite a bit as possibly cashing in. That hasn't been the case here, as the focus has been on Cena's return and Del Rio's viciousness. This could add a nice surprise element to the show, and I think it happens.

If Sandow doesn't cash-in, Cena wins here. The hype for his return has been outstanding, and even a short run with the belt could help it greatly, as well as those who challenge for it. Del Rio has been excellent in the ring, but his character is so poor it's hard to invest. So even without the cash-in, Cena wins here. It's a chance to bring a whole lot of credibility to the WHC, which it's been lacking for some time.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

My initial views on this seem wide of the mark as it certainly appears Cena will be fully back. In which case I think he just beats Bertie and wins the title despite him saying on SD tonight that he was going to put Cena in the cross-armbreaker and not let go. He'll probably end up doing this after he's lost and Sandow will cash-in, thus giving Cena fans and Cena haters a moment each.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:14 AM
The Queen of Swing
TNA Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

When I posted in this topic two weeks ago, I wasn't even sure Cena was coming back this early; that there was some type of swerve in store. Since then, though, two things have occurred: first, all the promos have stated specifically he's returning and there would be quite a backlash if he didn't, hiding from us the knowledge that WWE knew all along he couldn't possibly be ready. Second, the company is effectively acknowledging mistakes in the past couple PPVs as far as presenting major matches with lukewarm endings; particularly the last Orton-Bryan contest. To overcome this, the plan seems to be having decisive results in all the big matches.

Well, one of the two major titles being defended qualifies this as a big event. If so, it seems impossible that they'll decide it with a stupid count-out or disqualification, right? So, if there's to be a decisive winner, doesn't it have to be John Cena? Can you imagine him returning after a couple of months and losing to Alberto Del Rio? I sure can't.

Of course, the other decisive ending would be a blockbuster: ADR cleanly defeating a returning Cena. As much as I prefer a Cena victory, I'll admit that watching Del Rio forcing Cena to submit to his signature submission move would be really something to see.

Not that I'm predicting that. Cena wins the belt.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:07 AM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have it. I am going to take a bit of a risk in this prediction, but I think this will be the first time the World Heavyweight Championship closes a show in 3 years. Cena's return has been hyped A LOT. What better way to send the fans home happy (other than the Cena haters) than to have Cena return to win this match? The WWE wants to have two world titles, so this is their golden opportunity (no pun intended) to make the World Heavyweight Championship feel important again. If anyone can add back some prestige to it, it's John Cena. This also keeps Cena away from the best for business storyline so Bryan can remain its focus.

The match itself should be rather good and I expect it to be one of the better matches of the night. The feud would certainly continue into Survivor Series and I look forward to seeing how it will play out after the match. Cena closes the show as World Heavyweight Champion having made a triumphant return. That is the outcome that makes the most sense. If WWE has Cena lose and/or do not close the show with this match, they would be missing out on a huge chance to make this belt important again. Granted years of lost prestige cannot be brought back in one night, but this is where the belt can begin to get back in that direction. It is the match I am looking forward to the most on the card.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
John Cena will win the World Heavyweight Championship.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
Old 10-27-2013, 05:08 PM
WCW TV Champion

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

After it became apparent that Cena is back full time, I think it makes sense for him to win. Del Rio is a poor champ and Cena is would help bring back credibility to the World Title. Even a one or two month title reign would make sense.