WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

From the Main Page

Quote:
Lucha Underground Now Available on iTunes

Lucha Underground has been added to iTunes, and you can purchase the entire first season for $44.99 in high definition, or $34.99 in standard definition.

The first season is 39 episodes, which you can also purchase individually for $2.99 (HD) OR $1.99 (SD). There is also a season pass for the current season of LU and that is available for $39.99 HD or $29.99 SD.
Good news! I'm glad I'll be able to support the product properly. I'll be purchasing the SD season pass for season 2. Anyone else?

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Okay, I think Famous B's vignettes are the best ones they've produced yet, second to maybe Konnan's wizardly ways back in season one.

Sexy Star is back in the ring against Kobra Moon. I was initially interested in this Marty The Moth angle but the pacing is getting a little dragged on. As is Mysterio training Azteca. In fact, I wonder if this is how I would have felt watching week to week in season one, instead of binging it all as I did. All in all, it's starting to feel like we're nearing the 'end of act I' phase of the season, so I'll allow myself more patience. They've earned that.

Mil should be allowed to speak Spanish, because his English is rivaling Drago's.

I loved Pentagon JR vs Puma, and a good finish, no doubt setting up a triple threat match. The image of Mil Muertes ripping off his sling was so cool that I wish he had had more physical presence of injury, ie; a cast or whatnot. Writing him off with the injury so early in the season was wise, because now we've only seen him in the ring twice, and both times he was physically imposing and destructive.

Speaking of Pentagon, Vampiro's really starting to annoy me. Whenever Striker mentions their connection or their matchup at Ultima Lucha, Vampiro disregards and changes the subject with some slight venom at Matt. Yet during the ladder match, he kept dropping little remarks like "I know that corner of the temple well" or "Reminds me of the last time a table was introduced, know what I mean?". I don't fault him as a colour commentator, because he's learning. I fault him for inconsistencies, that will likely be justified by Vampiro's split personality or outright ignored. Either way, it's a cop out.

Now that ladder match was excellent! Loved the spots, and am a big fan of both guys. I will say this, though, it was excellent despite King Cuerno looking lost. I don't know his AAA or CMLL background, but he didn't look like he knew what to do with the ladders. It was if he set up the spots, but without a sense of urgency or purpose. Other than that, I really enjoyed the matchup. Maybe it went five minutes too long, but still a lot of fun to watch.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:12 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DearWrestler View Post
Okay, I think Famous B's vignettes are the best ones they've produced yet, second to maybe Konnan's wizardly ways back in season one.

Sexy Star is back in the ring against Kobra Moon. I was initially interested in this Marty The Moth angle but the pacing is getting a little dragged on. As is Mysterio training Azteca. In fact, I wonder if this is how I would have felt watching week to week in season one, instead of binging it all as I did. All in all, it's starting to feel like we're nearing the 'end of act I' phase of the season, so I'll allow myself more patience. They've earned that.

Mil should be allowed to speak Spanish, because his English is rivaling Drago's.

I loved Pentagon JR vs Puma, and a good finish, no doubt setting up a triple threat match. The image of Mil Muertes ripping off his sling was so cool that I wish he had had more physical presence of injury, ie; a cast or whatnot. Writing him off with the injury so early in the season was wise, because now we've only seen him in the ring twice, and both times he was physically imposing and destructive.

Speaking of Pentagon, Vampiro's really starting to annoy me. Whenever Striker mentions their connection or their matchup at Ultima Lucha, Vampiro disregards and changes the subject with some slight venom at Matt. Yet during the ladder match, he kept dropping little remarks like "I know that corner of the temple well" or "Reminds me of the last time a table was introduced, know what I mean?". I don't fault him as a colour commentator, because he's learning. I fault him for inconsistencies, that will likely be justified by Vampiro's split personality or outright ignored. Either way, it's a cop out.

Now that ladder match was excellent! Loved the spots, and am a big fan of both guys. I will say this, though, it was excellent despite King Cuerno looking lost. I don't know his AAA or CMLL background, but he didn't look like he knew what to do with the ladders. It was if he set up the spots, but without a sense of urgency or purpose. Other than that, I really enjoyed the matchup. Maybe it went five minutes too long, but still a lot of fun to watch.
You forgot the best part of the show bro, Aztec Warfare is coming back!

I agree with the point on Vampiro and Pentagon. I appreciate that Vampiro wants to distance himself from his old evil ways, but they need to be consistent with it. It is one of the two major complaints I have with commentary right now. The other being that they ask too many questions that the other will ignore. How many times do I have to hear Vampiro say "Know what I mean bro?" only for Striker to say silent, or Striker ask a question about Vampiro's in ring experience only for Vampiro to ignore it?

Oh and while I'm asking questions, was there any purpose to Mack coming out during the Sexy Star/Kobra Moon match? I know he was in the last vignette when Sexy escaped, but his presence served no purpose.

I feel like all in all this episode was a step in the right direction. They did well to advance multiple storylines. They made the announcement of Aztec Warfare in three weeks, furthered the Sexy and Marty story, set up Mil vs. Puma vs. Pentagon, and it looks like Fenix vs. Cuerno is wrapped up, for now at least.

My biggest complaint was no Dario.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
You forgot the best part of the show bro, Aztec Warfare is coming back!
I meant to transition to that with my 'end of act I' remark, but it got away from me. I'm so glad they're bringing it back, this time as a match for the #1 Contendership as opposed to the vacant title. Both Matt and Vampiro also teased that it will be more violent while the Temple is under Catrina's rule. Even if they're blowing smoke, I'm just excited for the match, but if not, perhaps competitors will be encouraged to bring a weapon? A more Hardcore Aztec Warfare, if you will.

I think we can count on at least one major debut in this one. Mysterio debuting could blow the roof off of the Temple.

Quote:
How many times do I have to hear Vampiro say "Know what I mean bro?" only for Striker to say silent, or Striker ask a question about Vampiro's in ring experience only for Vampiro to ignore it?
On Vamp's end, I chalk it up to his relative inexperience at the desk, although maybe he should have shown more progress by now. Striker should know better, though.

Also, sad news to report. Sad to no one else but me, really. More accurately this is venting as opposed to reporting. I bought tickets for IWS (Montreal based) UnFNSanctioned this comingSaturday, mostly to see Pentagon JR. He and Vampiro just pulled out** for undisclosed reasons. Fack! Rey Mysterio is still main eventing the card, and Jack Evans is replacing Pentagon. Should be fun, but a little bittersweet. Konnan is also scheduled, so I may be thrown out for verbally abusing the talent.

**Pulled out last week. I only just heard.

Last edited by @smarkmouth : 03-03-2016 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Clarifying
Old 03-04-2016, 07:18 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I thought fenix had broken his leg when he landed on that ladder. I also thought he was concussed at one point. Not sure if he sold really well or if it was legit.

This episode wasnt as disjointed from the ring in terms of storylines. Which for me is the biggest fault of the show

Really looking forward to wherever the Famous B vignettes are going
Old 03-11-2016, 05:48 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Prince Puma is money. That triple threat match was magical. Did seem to be a bit rushed with the finish but could have just been the edit.

Once again Vampiro was giving me the shits when he started talking about Pentagon fulfilling his destiny and crap. I probably wont mind in the long run when Vamp just goes all in again but it was the thing I was looking forward to the most this season and to just play it out in a comic was bullshit to me.

Can not get into sexy star as a character. All the talk about her being an empowered woman just falls flat to me when her sexual appeal is such a prominent part of her character, like nothing she has ever done has ever made me think she is a strong independant woman. And for all the crap striker spews about LU not caring about gender barriers, when has a female wrestler done anything of note when fighting a decently booked male wrestler
Old 03-11-2016, 04:48 PM
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Prince Puma is money. That triple threat match was magical. Did seem to be a bit rushed with the finish but could have just been the edit.

Once again Vampiro was giving me the shits when he started talking about Pentagon fulfilling his destiny and crap. I probably wont mind in the long run when Vamp just goes all in again but it was the thing I was looking forward to the most this season and to just play it out in a comic was bullshit to me.

Can not get into sexy star as a character. All the talk about her being an empowered woman just falls flat to me when her sexual appeal is such a prominent part of her character, like nothing she has ever done has ever made me think she is a strong independant woman. And for all the crap striker spews about LU not caring about gender barriers, when has a female wrestler done anything of note when fighting a decently booked male wrestler
I'd argue that they finally did just that with Taya vs. Cage this week. Sexy can go in the ring, but I kind of agree with your assessment. Putting her in a quasi rape angle doesn't help though.

I laughed when they chanted "No means no" at Marty.

I feel like this episode is finally where things picked up. Sure Marty vs. Mack wasn't a great match, but we got an advancement in the story.

Cage vs. Mundo will likely come to a head soon. I've enjoyed the rivalry so far, even if Cage as a face had no explanation.

PJ Black's heel turn was sudden and out of nowhere, but I kind of dig Evans and Black teaming to take on Drago and Aerostar, who finally shows up again.

Speaking of showing up, we finally get to see the Disciples of Death next week. They have been such an afterthought this season that I hope they drop the belts and aren't seen again.

The main event was great, unless we see another All Night Long quality match, I will be nominating it for Match of the Year for LU.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:39 PM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

I've seen the man who plays Mil Muertes since the first time he appeared on a TV screen and I have never seen the amazing level of performance he gave this week in Lucha Underground. The man has always been more gimmick than the wrestling, but good God he did so much with just a bit of brute strength with two smaller guys. He's played a perfect character since the start of the season and I'd call it the best gimmick the year has had.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:00 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

Man, I went full Ron Simmons on this episode.

I remember hearing that Marty the Moth was in contention to play Mil Muertes. I think we mostly agree here that it would have flopped, but tonight, I saw why he had the chance. He owns this role of Marty the Moth and clearly has a knack for playing character.

Quote:
PJ Black's heel turn was sudden and out of nowhere, but I kind of dig Evans and Black teaming to take on Drago and Aerostar, who finally shows up again.
Yeah, I've been defensive about Cage's turn (or lack thereof), but PJ Black's is too random. I get he's pissed with Drago, but that doesn't explain why he's cool with Jack. It feels like PJ is just there to take the fall in this chapter of the feud. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to how this plays out.

Also, did anyone catch what Jack Evans said to Drago about Aztec Warfare? I played it back 3 or 4 times and I can't make it out.

Quote:
Speaking of showing up, we finally get to see the Disciples of Death next week. They have been such an afterthought this season that I hope they drop the belts and aren't seen again.
Me too. I didn't care for them in season one, either, but they were a good plot device for the Menage A Trois angle. I hope it concludes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Quote:
The main event was great, unless we see another All Night Long quality match, I will be nominating it for Match of the Year for LU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Killjoy View Post
I've seen the man who plays Mil Muertes since the first time he appeared on a TV screen and I have never seen the amazing level of performance he gave this week in Lucha Underground. The man has always been more gimmick than the wrestling, but good God he did so much with just a bit of brute strength with two smaller guys. He's played a perfect character since the start of the season and I'd call it the best gimmick the year has had.
This. All of this. It says something about the quality of the other performers that nobody has said anything about Pentagon. Obviously I don't want to put words in your mouths, but I don't think that's a knock on your part. Puma and Mil were just so remarkable, that even an on-point Pentagon has trouble standing out. I agree with A11, bit of a rushed ending, but awesome that he pinned both Puma and Pentagon! This is a dominant heel champion, and I can't think of any other heel champ in that regard in the past few years. Mark Henry, maybe?

Oh, right, and Lesnar.

Fenix challenges Mil Muertes, indulging his Gift of the Gods privilege. I'm knitpicking I really am, but Fenix should have challenged Mil from his own vacated throne! There's a visual. Though they may be saving that one. This will be another great match, no doubt, but Mil's gotta keep winning, at least until Dario Cueto & companies return to the temple.

I suppose after Aztec Warfare, the Medallions will be reintegrated into the storylines. Last season, they had a certain mystique, as we were unsure as to what they were for. I wonder if they'll freshen up the concept or carry on as is?

Last edited by @smarkmouth : 03-14-2016 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Oh, right, and Lesnar.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:49 AM
ECW TV Champion

So this episode was great.

The trios match was standard fare, but at least the end result of Mil murdering the Disciples was worth it. Good riddance.

The Texano/Chavo match was decent. I'm more happy that it looks like that storyline is finally wrapped up though.

The segment between Puma and Mundo made me chuckle a bit with Mundo essentially talking to himself. Puma sure does punch through a lot of punching bags. That has to get expensive.

Mil and Fenix was a damn blast. I truly thought Mil was going to retain, but I marked hard for Fenix winning. Even if he drops it next week during Aztec Warfare, they built him as a great challenger and the payoff was worth it. Them chair shots to the head though.

The only real downfall to this episode was Matanza. The reveal was so sudden, and honestly he looks like Jason Vorhees shorter brother. Maybe his look will work in the ring, but I just wasn't feeling the reveal.