WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Since when did Cage become a face? He just rocked up the other week during Mundo's promo and was a face. He continued it this week and it just doesnt feel right, i'd rather see the roid machine get dropped on his head
Yeah, I agree here. I found it strange, and while I didn't agree with it, I think the justification is that LU tries to blur the heel/face diconomy. We've had heel v heel and face v face a handful of times. Sometimes who ever is the babyface may be de facto the least successful heel or vice versa. Johnny Mundo is THAT heel though. That video package was on point. Hyped him up as an egocentric shit and ran his mouth on cage. The beginning of this feud is strange, but it's shaping out

Also, Cage and Joey Ryan had the match of the night! That's not a knock on Puma/Pentagon, but this one edged it out. Ryan played his role to a tee, and Cage is explosive! He's the Ryback that Ryback should be. On a show full of Lucha Libre, this match was so well paced, and Cage sold like a champ.

Quote:
Good to see some of the heavy kayfabe stories really starting to take shape, Mysterio's segment/scene was ace. The sooner dario gets back into the temple the better, because Catrina is nowhere near as good in promoter role and it seems Dario's return will drive a few of the narratives forward
Can't wait for Dario, either. I'm also curious to see how other key players react to his return. Ie; will Puma side with the devil he knows? More curiously, could Rey Mysterio side will Mil and Catrina?!

The seven descendants storyline is intriguing. I wonder when time traveling Aergenis will re emerge. I think the descendants will be.... well, whoever the seven most over luchadors at the time are.

Quote:
This week was easily the best episode so far
Yup!

Glad to see the team of Angelico/Havoc/Ivelisse in action. I love that the Trios championship is Lucha Underground's subplot. I look forward to this story arc of this team continuing.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:28 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The thing with cage is that he works so much better as a heel. He's a giant motherfucker with a shit haircut so its pretty easy to get heel heat on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DearWrestler View Post
The seven descendants storyline is intriguing. I wonder when time traveling Aergenis will re emerge. I think the descendants will be.... well, whoever the seven most over luchadors at the time are.
Well we know Puma is one. I'd imagine mysterio will be another, i cant remember the name of the bloke he's training but i'd imagine he'll make three. Drago seems a safe bet, though i'd rather he stays out of it because he's a dragon. Pentagon is obviously over but again I'm not sure. Cuerno and Fenix are also good shouts. And i'd imagine that sexy star will end up as one as well. Plus I'd forgetton Texano as well
So my guess would be
1. Puma 2. Mysterio 3. Guy mysterio is training 4. Sexy Star 5. Texano 6. Cuerno 7. Fenix
Old 02-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm a big fan of the Harry Potter books, but I always thought the biggest flaw was Potter being the chosen one. They certainly suggested it for the better part of the early series, but at one point they entertained the notion that Neville was the chosen one, and the universe didn't revolve around god damn Harry.

Where am I going with this?

Quote:
Well we know Puma is one.
That would be a fun swerve, and would be in keeping with the sophistication of storylines that I expect from Lucha Underground. Everyone hyping Puma as the One, but it turns out that it's only one of Konnan's many lies.

My own list for the Seven Descendants; Pentagon JR, King Cuerno, Matanza, Dragon Azteca JR (for lack of a better name right now, perhaps in the Neville Longbottom role), Mil Muertes, Sexy Star (even though I can't stand her) and Fenix

Old 02-19-2016, 10:00 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not saying he's the chosen one, just that he has the blood of the ancient aztec tribes. It's stupid that they give his gimmick that part but then book him from boyle heights but then still dont have him talk. Either they should have booked Puma from somewhere in mexico or they should just let him talk, how hard would it be to say his grandfather moved to the USA for an opportunity but always instilled the legends of the aztecs into him to keep the legacy alive (or some bullshit like that)
Old 02-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
I'm not saying he's the chosen one, just that he has the blood of the ancient aztec tribes. It's stupid that they give his gimmick that part but then book him from boyle heights but then still dont have him talk. Either they should have booked Puma from somewhere in mexico or they should just let him talk, how hard would it be to say his grandfather moved to the USA for an opportunity but always instilled the legends of the aztecs into him to keep the legacy alive (or some bullshit like that)
I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. 'Chosen One' is my own take on it, as they've clearly decided to build this promotion around Prince Puma since day one. Maybe not a Chosen One per se, but his place on the roster, with this storyline, has certain connotations.

I actually like that Puma doesn't talk, though. He's a Blank Slate. There's a fine balancing act of making your main protagonist real and stripping away some of that so your audience projects themselves into the main character. A silent main protagonist is an easy way to get there. Critically speaking, some of the best FPS games have been Portal 1 & 2, Skyrim, Half-life and Fallout 3. All silent protagonists, all Blank Slates.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:54 PM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

Pentagon Jr. has taken a ginormous chunk of the Prince Puma hype. This last week clearly showed that the show is no longer about just Prince Puma and now has Pentagon as the rival to him. And I'm not just talking about the feud they have right now. When they split, Pentagon will more than likely be even more important to the show than he was last year. I truly believe the end goal Ultima Lucha 2 or 3 is a rematch between these two with Pentagon taking the title finally.

Pentagon is basically (as if this show needed more anime references) the Vegeta to Puma's Goku. Going from flat out evil to neutral and finally redeeming himself for the big moment. He's a separate story to the one of the 7 Aztec tribes.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:36 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Killjoy View Post
Pentagon Jr. has taken a ginormous chunk of the Prince Puma hype. This last week clearly showed that the show is no longer about just Prince Puma and now has Pentagon as the rival to him.
Definitely agree here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Killjoy View Post
He's a separate story to the one of the 7 Aztec tribes.
Not so sure about this point. If the rumour is true that they want to do a Lucha Underground movie, i could very easily see Pentagon filling the vader role with Vampiro as the emperor. It'll depend how everything plays out with Dario first
Old 02-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

So even when nothing remarkable happens on the show, it remains consistent.

Jack Evans being given mic time is only a good thing. I loved how much was accomplished in this segment; Jack shining on the stick, a decent match, PJ Black looking good, Evans/Dragon program continuing and PJ added directly into the feud. My favorite little moment was at the end; PJ taking Drago's nunchucks as a symbol of his revenge. That piece of narrative belongs in cinema.

Of all the enhancement talents they could push, I'm glad they went with Famous B. I don't expect much out of him, but he stood out last season with his use of highly recognized finishing moves (RKO, Rock Bottom). Maybe Push is the wrong word. He'll likely remain a Jobber, but a highlighted one like the Social Outcasts.

King Cuerno vs Killshot was the biggest piece of filler so far this season, and Killshot's sloppiness didn't help. The Fenix/Cuerno feud continues, culminating into a GotG title rematch in a ladder match next week. I'm excited for that one, but I hope Cuerno retains and both of them move on to new programs (namely the teased King Cuerno/Mil Muertes program).

I have to reiterate my admiration for face-Cage. I know he's a better heel, but he's playing babyface very well, too. Playing both roles as well as he does will do wonders for his career. Great match with Mundo, but I wasn't a fan of the finish. I do appreciate that LU expects somewhat of a previous knowledge for Mexican wrestling, and the rest of us are expected to catch up. However, I don't know who this Taya is, and it didn't seem as if Vampiro and Striker had any accolades to list for me to care about.

In regards to my previous complaints about lighting, I plugged my laptop into my TV and played with the brightness, and it looked a lot better. Yaz, I think it may in fact be the daily motion upload.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:22 PM
Top Guys Out
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...

Taya (Valkyrie) worked a bit with Perro Aguayo Jr. As a member of Perros del Mal a couple of years back in CMLL. She also went on to AAA where I think she picked up the "Valkyrie" part of her ring name. She was known as "The Crazy White Girl (La Guerra Loca)" of the group and won their women's title once that I know of. I'd imagine Killjoy could elaborate a bit more on her, I'm just going off of what i remember seeing on YouTube.

Hopefully she gets some ring action and isn't stuck in the valet role in LU, she can work.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpipes View Post
Taya (Valkyrie) worked a bit with Perro Aguayo Jr. As a member of Perros del Mal a couple of years back in CMLL. She also went on to AAA where I think she picked up the "Valkyrie" part of her ring name. She was known as "The Crazy White Girl (La Guerra Loca)" of the group and won their women's title once that I know of. I'd imagine Killjoy could elaborate a bit more on her, I'm just going off of what i remember seeing on YouTube.

Hopefully she gets some ring action and isn't stuck in the valet role in LU, she can work.
Cool, thanks for the info. It's too bad Stryker or Vamp didn't mention that she ran with Perro (in a tasteful way without exploiting his name, anyway), otherwise offer a softer introduction.

This season has been light on the women's wrestling so far, with Star being held captive. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets showcased sooner than later.