WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-19-2017, 05:22 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Should IMPACT Go Dark for a While and Just Start from Scratch?

I know that IMPACT is going to do a tv tapings in January which will lead to them to around the end of march or beginning of April, But i feel like after the last show of the current taping, they had the perfect opportunity to just go Dark, makes peoples forget about the horrible year they had in 2017 and go dark for a couple of months, build a real strategy into how to restart the company from scratch. Go and sell the video library to vince and just build a new legacy for the company with new star a new look and new direction and give it a name that won't make people remember the whole TNA/GFW/IMPACT fiasco.

Doing couldn't be worst then what they are doing right now since nobody is watching in the states from what i've been reading and i don't know how well their doing elsewhere because they don't release the ratings for the other markets so a whole reboot wouldn'T be such a bad idea at this point.

Also while they go and do this whole reboot thing, just have them do one final IMPACT show that will be to celebrate the history of the company and then just send some of their already tapes shows they have in their library which would fill their time slot until the new company starts.

In the end, this would IMPACT wrestling thing with them helping out other company isn'T working for them, the ratings are showing it. So i say just close the whole thing down and start from crash. The worst that could happen is that the new company doesn'T work and they have to stop running the company all together.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

No. It's generally not a good idea to break your contracts with your partners and employees to take a break. Your partners are not going to want to pay you for your break or at all going forward. Your employees will not be happy not working during a time when you signed a contract with them to work and they will not want to work with you going forward.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:25 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally I think that would be a terrible idea, Main reason being is the the worldwide TV contracts they have to produce new TV content every week, I also I feel its a risk of some of the loyal fans who do actually watch every week will just drift away and forget to watch when it does come back especially when their in the habit of watching every week for years why risk breaking that habit?
Old 12-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Knockout Champion

WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think i am just tired in general of TNA or whatever hitting the reset button every 5 minutes because what they envision as their next phase of the Company doesn't work out. Going dark for several weeks isn't going to solve anything for them either. The problem just stems from whoever is in charge doesn't know what they are doing and it's been a running theme with them for almost 15 years.

WWF/E & Wrestling Fan since 1990!
Old 12-19-2017, 07:29 PM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

They can't do that man.. If that ever happened they would never come back, it would be the end for TNA.. They need to keep doing what they're doing now and figure out strategies as they produce shows... It's kinda funny how some people think a company can close for a bit and start from scratch.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:53 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think that TNA should just sell up to Vince now.

It's going to happen sooner or later anyway. TNA will one day fold and WWE will buy the trademarks, some of the talent contracts, and the library.

The sooner I can start watching TNA content on WWE Network, the better.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:06 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
I think that TNA should just sell up to Vince now.

It's going to happen sooner or later anyway. TNA will one day fold and WWE will buy the trademarks, some of the talent contracts, and the library.

The sooner I can start watching TNA content on WWE Network, the better.
They probably will sell. But, not to Vince. I honestly believe that They will sell it to Billy Corgan for peanuts. It will bring TNA full circle: When they were once NWA-TNA.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:40 AM
'The Bringer of Rain'

Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...

From a business standpoint, I wouldn't go dark. It loses business revenue and also hurts TV viewership. Now granted that Impact viewership is very low, it would hurt in the long run with other TV ventures.

If I was running the company, here's what I would do. I would sell library to Vince/WWE. Do a possible Merger/Share to ROH and build up product with both brands as one. A merger of these 2 companies will have a far greater effect on both products and can have MAJOR impact as far as a major TV offer. Maybe possibly going back to Spike or a major network that people actually watch.

By getting a major network back on board with a Impact/ROH merger they would still be #2 behind WWE. But they can still have that Independent tag that they still want to keep. ROH understands they are not going to be WWE which is why they stay successful and they (In my opinion) have the better matches.

Where this merger could benefit is the signing of pissed off WWE talent. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and others could thrive and bring Impact/ROH to compete with WWE. Plus with the NJPW/ROH sharing of Wrestlers this has unlimited possibilities. It would have the WCW aspect of signing WWE Superstars but not to huge contracts that keep the company from making money. Plus the draw numbers from bringing in people like Bryan or Punk would bring that company to be competitive with WWE. Which, in turn, could bring about a new war. And that is good for everyone, including WWE.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

No major broadcaster will touch Impact until they see some stability and even at that, the stigma of the company over the last few years is difficult to look beyond.

Going dark is probably the last thing the company needs, they've hit the restart button that many times over the last few years that they should count themselves lucky that they have the fan base they have currently got.

The current contract situation isn't going to help matters, major names are coming to the end of their contracts and it looks like they might move on while veterans such as Storm have already left Impact.

There currently is no stability around Impact Wrestling so it's difficult to see how they move forward.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:23 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

The only asset Impact really has as a wrestling company is "existence."

They don't have talent, or an audience, or a booking philosophy that separates them from any other indy. They have TV contracts, and they have managed to continue to exist.

If they go dark, they don't even have that.

(NOTE: I'm not saying their guys aren't talented. But the talent they have doesn't matter. They're not big stars who draw audiences on their own, they're not exciting new stars who you could credibly say "we're going to build the company around this guy" like they did with AJ Styles at the beginning.)

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.