WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: The Anonymous RAW GM Will Be Revealed?
True 28 31.11%
False 6 6.67%
I Don't Even Care Anymore.. 56 62.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion

The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor
Default [Official] Anonymous GM Discussion Thread

So, tonight on RAW, we saw Vince McMahon fire Bret Hart, and appoint a new GM...who communicated via email and remained anonymous all night. Expectations that the GM would be revealed by night's end were dashed. On top of that, McMahon said that next week the new GM will have an announcement, which means something big could happen.

Two questions:
Who's the new GM?
and
What is the announcement?

If you ask me, the new GM could be anybody. But here are the candidates I most want:

Michael Cole
Cole was excellent as a heel during his Danielson feud. He cut a good promo, and with him being the guy to read the emails I think there could be a possibility he was appointed GM. He could have been falsely "sending" those emails.

Triple H
Vince seemed very close with the person on the phone. Triple H is his son-in-law, so of course they'd speak like that. Triple H would be an interesting GM as he stays out of the title picture and makes Sheamus' life hell. Or he could get the heel turn several have been begging for for years.

Wade Barrett
Unlikely? Maybe. But the way the GM described Vince in the email was very dramatic and descriptive, which works for Barrett. Barrett is inventive on the mic, talking about the Winds of Change. He uses imagery well. On top of that, Barrett could have put Vince in that match just so the Nexus would have a shot at him.

Daniel Bryan
Completely ridiculous longshot, I know, but a man can dream!

As for the announcement, I have no idea. I literally cannot think of what it could be, except for having something to do with The Nexus and the MITB PPV.

Those are my guesses. What are yours?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Deciding if I want to join WZCW.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...Kayoh is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm going out on a limb, but what about Dwayne Johnson? He said before that he'd be working with/for the WWE during the summer, but not as a wrestler, but that he'd still get screen time. Combine all the shitty disney movies he's done and his amazing runs in the Attitude era and you've got somebody who literally appeals to every-fucking-body. It'd be awesome.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 PM

jonboi24 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
I'm going out on a limb, but what about Dwayne Johnson? He said before that he'd be working with/for the WWE during the summer, but not as a wrestler, but that he'd still get screen time. Combine all the shitty disney movies he's done and his amazing runs in the Attitude era and you've got somebody who literally appeals to every-fucking-body. It'd be awesome.
Completely forgot about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Definitely a great possibility. Though if NXT1 guys are connected to this new GM than I can't see Dwayne being the mastermind. Somehow just doesn't fit his image nowadays. Plus with a new movie coming up I don't see Dwayne's and the movie's publicist and the movie distributors wanting any heat for its movie or its stars.

Something tells me it may be HHH. It could be a good story, HHH being the mastermind of this whole NXT thing. Thus pitting HHH vs Vince for the control of RAW/WWE. Could be a hot story leading up to the place where it all began, Miami, Florida, at Survivor Series. Could be a good way to writing off Vince's character and thus ushering and cementing this new generation movement.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-22-2010, 07:20 AM
The Goodwill Ambassador

Widdows is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
Well, a man can dream, but Vince gave the reason that he wanted to remain anonymous due to the NXT attacks. This would clearly make him look weak and hurt his credibility.

But the new GM has stumped me. I still harbour hopes of a William Regal return to the role, and with the NXT 7 going after both faces and heels, well, let's see.

Credit to The Doctor for this awesome sig.

Last edited by Widdows : 06-22-2010 at 02:38 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 PM

Bigdog6374 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm leaning towards HHH just because on the phone the person asked Vince if he liked the surprise of making him the enforcer for the main event and he said yes but not to pull anymore surprises on him personally. DX and HHH were famous for their tricks and surprises they pulled on Vince. Also Sheamus is now the champion and the guy HHH is going to come for when he returns and seems to be one of the main targets of the NXT group now. HHH has long said he wants one last big heel turn and this would be a perfect fit. Yeah Sheaumus is technically a heel but you can do a short face turn by having him get beat down by the NXT group and get fan support that way.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2010, 06:54 PM

lipstickpromises is looking to come up from OCW...

This is my thinking about the GM---I think it is Michael Cole and reason being he is the only one with a cell phone and reads the computer???? Than again I do not think Triple H is for the reason we the WWE Universe is waiting for his return to the ring to shut Sheamus up---Whoever it is Must be really worried about Wade Barrett because here lately he has been making alot of matches and the GM has done nothing about it
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM

The Duke is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to The Duke

Imagine this:

Next monday opens. All of a sudden Shawn Michaels music hits. He comes out in his cowboy hat, dances on the stage and makes his way to the ring. He gets in the ring and talks about how the WWE has gotten old. They need that influx of youth and he thinks that the NXT Generation is that shot in the arm they need. He was pissed with how his career ended and when Vince called him he figured it was his best shot at making a difference. The big announcement is that he is rehiring Bryan Danielson to the company and he's the first entrant into Raw's MITB match.

I know, I know. VERY SUPER MEGA highly unlikely but let's face it, Raw is kind of boring with dudes on the mic. So HBK would be a very entertaining GM and plus Vince could talk to him that way since they're pretty close. And think about it, it'd make sense for HBK seeing his family as well. In the next few months they're going to be taping Raw since they're going on the road and such so that means very few travel days so he could still be with his family. On top of that, he doesn't need to be at house shows, just the show itself. This would be a great way to get him back into the picture without ruining he's retired from wrestling, blah blah blah. I still think eventually he's the one who end's Takers run and he'll have 1 more run before he's out.

I can't see Vince making Michael Cole the GM. Well, I could because it would SUCK but I'm hoping to hell he doesn't. I think he learned from the Adamle debacle. Maybe it'll be Shane or Steph? Again, it works for traveling and such. Maybe it'll be Danielson. Let's just hope it's not Vickie or someone really obvious.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 PM

Magooder is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Imagine this:

Next monday opens. All of a sudden Shawn Michaels music hits. He comes out in his cowboy hat, dances on the stage and makes his way to the ring. He gets in the ring and talks about how the WWE has gotten old. They need that influx of youth and he thinks that the NXT Generation is that shot in the arm they need. He was pissed with how his career ended and when Vince called him he figured it was his best shot at making a difference. The big announcement is that he is rehiring Bryan Danielson to the company and he's the first entrant into Raw's MITB match.

I know, I know. VERY SUPER MEGA highly unlikely but let's face it, Raw is kind of boring with dudes on the mic. So HBK would be a very entertaining GM and plus Vince could talk to him that way since they're pretty close. And think about it, it'd make sense for HBK seeing his family as well. In the next few months they're going to be taping Raw since they're going on the road and such so that means very few travel days so he could still be with his family. On top of that, he doesn't need to be at house shows, just the show itself. This would be a great way to get him back into the picture without ruining he's retired from wrestling, blah blah blah. I still think eventually he's the one who end's Takers run and he'll have 1 more run before he's out.

I can't see Vince making Michael Cole the GM. Well, I could because it would SUCK but I'm hoping to hell he doesn't. I think he learned from the Adamle debacle. Maybe it'll be Shane or Steph? Again, it works for traveling and such. Maybe it'll be Danielson. Let's just hope it's not Vickie or someone really obvious.
I agree, I don't want it to be Michael Cole either. But I wouldn't be suprised. Mike Adamle was a complete joke! But you can't really compare Cole and Adamle together. I mean Cole has been working with the WWE for quite a while now and we can hope he knows how to pronounce the wrestler's names by now lol
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 PM

Muttley is looking to come up from OCW...Muttley is looking to come up from OCW...

As much as I would like to see it being JR, I wouldn't bet on it. Just based off of JR's blogs before the NXT angle and Bret Hart being named GM, he's said before that he isn't going to be returning to TV anytime soon. Granted, this whole email thing could play into his statement of "not returning to TV anytime soon" but I can't see it being JR.

In my opinion, if there's one thing I've noticed when it comes to WWE and hyping up speculation and trying to hype up surprises, 9 times out of 10, they let me down. Look, no one knew NXT was going to invade that ending of Raw those couple weeks ago, and it was great! One of the more memorable endings they've had in years, because no one saw it coming, at all. Anytime there is hype about an "big announcement" it's never the same caliber of an NXT invading the end of Raw, if that makes sense.

Triple H being the GM just doesn't make much sense. He was attacked and taken out by Sheamus, and him returning as a GM just wouldn't work or make sense.

The Rock would be an extremely entertaining GM, but don't get your hopes up.

HBK? Could happen, but I remember reading that he is very happy with his time off.

Paul Heyman would be a great choice, if TNA was still on Monday nights and WWE wanted to destroy them even more.

I honestly think that it's going to end up being Michael Cole. Cole just draws heat. He's just like Vickie. The poor guy just can't get people to like him. If Cole ends up being the GM, then that could lead to JR coming back to the announce table on Raw...I'm hopeful for at least that.

But I could see this "anonymous email GM" thing going on for a couple more weeks. If King ends up questioning and getting suspicious of the emails and Cole and claiming that's not what it said, then Cole is either the GM or the NXT leader.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 PM

lunarseed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
As much as I would like to see it being JR, I wouldn't bet on it. Just based off of JR's blogs before the NXT angle and Bret Hart being named GM, he's said before that he isn't going to be returning to TV anytime soon. Granted, this whole email thing could play into his statement of "not returning to TV anytime soon" but I can't see it being JR.

In my opinion, if there's one thing I've noticed when it comes to WWE and hyping up speculation and trying to hype up surprises, 9 times out of 10, they let me down. Look, no one knew NXT was going to invade that ending of Raw those couple weeks ago, and it was great! One of the more memorable endings they've had in years, because no one saw it coming, at all. Anytime there is hype about an "big announcement" it's never the same caliber of an NXT invading the end of Raw, if that makes sense.

Triple H being the GM just doesn't make much sense. He was attacked and taken out by Sheamus, and him returning as a GM just wouldn't work or make sense.

The Rock would be an extremely entertaining GM, but don't get your hopes up.

HBK? Could happen, but I remember reading that he is very happy with his time off.

Paul Heyman would be a great choice, if TNA was still on Monday nights and WWE wanted to destroy them even more.

I honestly think that it's going to end up being Michael Cole. Cole just draws heat. He's just like Vickie. The poor guy just can't get people to like him. If Cole ends up being the GM, then that could lead to JR coming back to the announce table on Raw...I'm hopeful for at least that.

But I could see this "anonymous email GM" thing going on for a couple more weeks. If King ends up questioning and getting suspicious of the emails and Cole and claiming that's not what it said, then Cole is either the GM or the NXT leader.
Cheers man! I must've missed that update, but I do agree that these "e-mails" could continue for an indefinate amount of time. GM revealed on a PPV maybe? WWE may let us down, but I must say they try their best to push through all of the internal bureaucracy to deliver the best product and keep the employees content.

Could I see Cole? Yes. It would make sense as they were trying to pull him out of the chair and in front of the camera with Bryan, and if there was a direction with Cole with that angle then all of a sudden beginning and applying Cole to this Phantom GM gimmick would save that direction.
sendpm.gif