WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-12-2018, 07:05 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It's a shame that it has to happen to anybody, but especially to someone that had so much left to contribute and accomplish. She's only 25 year's old for God's sake and she'd been out of action deal with a neck issue for, what, 17 or 18 months?

When I first read about the injury she suffered in December, you had to know that WWE would be concerned about it. When it comes to head and neck trauma, you really can't fault WWE for being so cautious as the company should watch out for the safety of the talent and its own ass as well.

As far as Sasha's involvement, I don't see as its her fault because if Paige's condition was that fragile then it was bound to happen sooner or later. Whether it was against Mickie James, Bayley, Nia Jax or Asuka, it was just a matter of time before she took a hard enough bump to cause this injury anyhow. To my knowledge, Sasha isn't an unsafe worker so much as there's basically been a growing internet fan dislike of her due to numerous reports that she treats fans badly. It's one thing to cop an attitude when fans are being disrespectful while you're out and about trying to live your life, but that doesn't seem to be the case in the vast majority of these instances. When Sasha's on her own time, she basically wants to be left alone with zero interaction with or from fans; I get that but, at the same time, if you wanna be famous then a distinct lack of privacy has to go along with it. Despite the fact that she may or may not be a bitch to fans, depending on the circumstances, I don't think she should suffer any blame for what happened to Paige. Paige was medically cleared to compete, that means she was given a clean bill of health so unless Sasha was directly told to avoid hitting Paige in the back and she disobeyed, then it's not on her.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:13 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
I think, and I may be wrong on this, but I think her rep as an unsafe worker is more due to her harming her own body. Most other places, like reddit, that I have checked out seem to have that opinion. I do see some people, enough to be a minor trend, call her out for looking sloppy and trying to many intricate moves as well. Oh and that spot where she has an opponent propped in the corner and she jumps and lands knees first on their midsection, that one sparks some debate as well.

The thing I find odd about this is that there have been other instances where guys seriously injured an opponent and no one batted an eye, well except Bret Hart. Joe ended Tyson Kidd's career and barely an eye was batted. D'Lo paralyzed Droz. AJ has broken like three necks with the Clash and that only raised a minor controversy. Rollins retired an admittedly 50+ year old Sting. No one, save Bret, called for their heads.

There is a growing disdain for Sasha in the IWC, mostly due to how she has been reported to treat fans, so maybe that is why there is a vocal cry here, but yeah, she doesn't deserve to be crucified.
You're right but I think this is a unique case, at least compared to the others. She was injured for... however long it was 15-16 months, she finally returns and three weeks later... she's gone again, this time for good, and at 25 years old no less (even though she's been wrestling since she was like 12 or 13). I can understand being mad about that, but there's no reason to focus that energy on Sasha.

And this isn't a Sasha thread so I don't wanna derail too much, but while we're at it, I've always found the story about Sasha mistreating fans to be hilarious. The only one on record is the hotel/pizza story and I'm 100% in Sasha's corner there. And I found Shane Douglas' take on the whole situation to be absolutely hilarious.

There also seems to be a double standard there as well because when a Randy Orton or a CM Punk does it, it's fine, in fact I'd say the majority probably take their side... but when Sasha does it... you know what, that's territory I don't wanna get into.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:18 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Anyone defending Sasha clearly doesn't know shit.

You should barely touch someone, let alone kick anyone hard enough to snap their head back LET ALONE someone who just came back from major fucking neck surgery.

A shame so much potential was snuffed out so early. From a future all-time great to done by the age of 25.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.

Last edited by Mighty NorCal : 01-12-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:54 PM
DELETE!

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post

You should never kick anyone hard enough to snap their head back.

A shame so much potential was snuffed out so early. From a future all-time great to done by the age of 25.
A part of me feels that Sasha shouldn't be frowned upon for what happened against Paige, accidents are bound to happen at some point...

On the other hand: Her accident lead to her ending the career of someone and has only added to her reputation of being an unsafe worker. It also doesn't help that the IWC has turned their back on her in recent months. for various reasons. If i'm Vince, i'm asking myself: Is it worth pushing Sasha as the face of the RAW womens division if this is what's going to happen?

Personally: I'd say it's not worth it. I'd have Sasha de-pushed considerably and not trust her with the women's title until she learns how to be safe in the ring. As for who gets her push, i'd probably give it to either Bayley or Nia.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Old 01-12-2018, 08:21 PM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
I think, and I may be wrong on this, but I think her rep as an unsafe worker is more due to her harming her own body. Most other places, like reddit, that I have checked out seem to have that opinion. I do see some people, enough to be a minor trend, call her out for looking sloppy and trying to many intricate moves as well. Oh and that spot where she has an opponent propped in the corner and she jumps and lands knees first on their midsection, that one sparks some debate as well.

The thing I find odd about this is that there have been other instances where guys seriously injured an opponent and no one batted an eye, well except Bret Hart. Joe ended Tyson Kidd's career and barely an eye was batted. D'Lo paralyzed Droz. AJ has broken like three necks with the Clash and that only raised a minor controversy. Rollins retired an admittedly 50+ year old Sting. No one, save Bret, called for their heads.

There is a growing disdain for Sasha in the IWC, mostly due to how she has been reported to treat fans, so maybe that is why there is a vocal cry here, but yeah, she doesn't deserve to be crucified.
I must have missed this but when was this?

It's wrestling and by this point "it isn't ballet" is engraved in my head with all these damn podcasts.

Sad for Paige, she was doing so well and it is genuinely nice to see her back (not like that).
Old 01-12-2018, 09:23 PM

wwe fan2009 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post

You should barely touch someone, let alone kick anyone hard enough to snap their head back LET ALONE someone who just came back from major fucking neck surgery.

yeah she shouldnt have done that, she knew Paige was injured, do other moves away from the neck.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:57 PM

Mark0820 is looking to come up from OCW...

What I'm about to post isn't in defense of Sasha. It's just common sense. First Paige was medically cleared to wrestle. What happened to Paige could have happened at any point with any worker on any bump. Sasha might have a history of hurting people, but if her neck was this fragile she shouldn't have been working anyway.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:40 PM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:

D'Lo is a pretty good guy and has shown incredible remorse for it. He still gets brought up literally only for doing this and nothing else in his career maybe outside Jim Cornette touching on some of his earlier work in the ring. AJ didn't break a single one of those necks considering every single injury sustained by the Styles Clash was due to the recipient messing up the move. Seth has had a lot of backlash as being a dangerous worker between the whole breaking John Cena's nose, Finn Balor, and Sting deals. Sting has thus commented on it clearing up the stigma about it and of course. Also, Rollins has retired a few of his more risky moves and altered his style to be a bit safer on not only his opponent but also himself.

On the other hand, I do think Samoa Joe literally almost legitimately murdering Tyson Kidd not being brought up is ridiculous. There was a much higher chance of Tyson Kidd dying due to that injury than living. If you look at the injury, it's death rate, and all the information available on it the situation really is completely f***ed. I'm sure they chalked it up to a freak accident or there was some reasoning to at the worst, just work past it and move on.

Sasha is sloppy. She does have an incredible raw talent for professional wrestling as far as work rate (both in-ring athleticism and storytelling), but she lacks experience. It'd be wrong to put the blame solely on her on this occasion. That spot was incredibly stupid and the kick was overly stiff if you watch the footage. Definitely angry at Lance Storm using mental gymnastics and chalking this up to chance. The spot was something you just don't do or need to in pro-wrestling and the kick was very visibly harder than it should have been.

At the same time wether, this was laid out or called in the ring Paige knowing she had a fucked back and neck should have said no to this immediately. Sasha is feeding her family, living her dream, and working at her job and she neither the 4 other women in this match that aren't Paige should play babysitter or stay up to date on someone who hasn't been around for months personal life.

The spot was stupid and with that many neck issues, Paige should have honestly retired already. Sasha should probably learn from this and try to tighten or smoothen up her moves a bit. I do appreciate her work ethic and that she's young and looking to be the best at what she does, but even Shawn Michaels had to learn despite an infinite potential. Good on Don Callis for having a great and old-school view of how ridiculous this incident in general was and for calling out Lance for being a complete clown just because he trained Sasha.

On another note. A lot of women in Stardom, Shimmer, etc. Are incredibly talented and far exceed the WWE women in-ring ability. Not that the WWE women are untalented, but they generally don't have a lot of experience. The in-ring work has improved, but in comparison to someone with 10 or 15 straight years of working since 14 or 15 and actually drawing and being main events, they just aren't very good. I know the whole "Women's Wrestling is new!" thing in WWE is cool despite it being behind 10 years of reality, but they really should have eased everyone into this. Then again Stephanie needs those sweet emotional video packages for her both corporate and charity worlds. It's not only not as entertaining as it could be, but it's also pretty dangerous to put nothing but green workers with green workers and expect something good out of it. A 25-year-old is retiring. Even if it's just one case and she did do some idiotic indy wrestling with her carne wrestling family prior to coming here it needs to be looked further into and taken into serious account. Way too many close calls happen on a frequent basis with pretty much every female worker except Asuka, Micke, Charlotte and maybe Bliss.

Edit//Note: Thank you Paige if truly you're done at 25 for just looking unique in a division of brain dead dolls and bringing wrestling to sports entertainment. Youngest Diva's champion at 21. Inaugural NXT Women's Champion. 2 Time Diva's Champ. Will not even get near your in-ring prime, but I hope you play some role in the WWE or other wrestling promotions (maybe Lucha Underground or Impact would be a good role) and make some money to take care of your health. Also that AJ Lee feud is still super memorable, lovable, and weird.

Last edited by Pika : 01-12-2018 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Positive.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Paige was fragile with the neck injury. It could have been Sasha, Becky, Nia or the waiter in catering bumping into Paige. This was GOING to happen. Neck and back injuries are like that. Now, she is kept from the ring, and goes to the PC as a Trainer. I doubt her parents are going to let her wrestle in their outfit. Especially after they raised the roof about her original injury.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:28 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allah Loves PaperGhost View Post
I must have missed this but when was this?
During Summerslam weekend some fans approached to her at hotel while she was trying to go get pizza and she dissed them which lead to them booing her. Her getting on some podcast and calling them stalkers didnt helped the case. So yeah, her treating fans isnt considered as good.

With that and this Paige injury I could see her catching heat. Add that apparently Vince doesnt like her, plus probable adding of Rousey and rise of Asuka and Sashas future isnt so bright.