WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-12-2018, 04:50 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Breaking: Paige Reportedly Done As An In-Ring WWE Performer

PWInsider.com has reportedly confirmed with multiple sources that following her recent injury at a WWE Live event Paige will not be cleared by WWE doctors to return to the company as an in-ring performer.

They are comparing the situation to Edge’s medical disqualification from the ring that led to his retirement.

Their full report can be found HERE, we have included some highlights below.

Related: Paige Comments On Recent Setback

- Paige was informed of the decision by WWE earlier this week.
- Paige appears to have received a “stinger” in her six-woman tag match on December 28th after being kicked from behind by Sasha Banks
- Paige immediately fell to the ground, was looked at by medical officials and the match was stopped
- Due to the “stinger” Paige could not feel her extremeties
Paige will be replaced in the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble Match
- WWE has yet to confirm this report. Once, or if, they do we will have their announcement here on WrestleZone.

Source: Main Page aka from some reason not Wrestlezone but Mandatory

Full report

Quote:
2016 into 2017 was one issue after another for WWE star Paige. 2017 into 2018 was supposed to be her major comeback to WWE, her redemption. Inside the ring, sadly, that will not be the case.

In a situation described as similar to WWE Hall of Famer Adam "Edge" Copeland's medical disqualification from the ring, WWE star Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis, 25 years old) was informed this week that she will not be cleared to return to the ring after her most recent in-ring injury, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. It is believed Paige was given the news at the Raw taping this past Monday. We have been told by multiple sources she is "done" as an in-ring wrestler.

During a six woman tag team bout on 12/28/17 at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island, Paige had her back to Sasha Banks, who was behind her against the turnbuckles. Banks used the ropes to pull herself up and kicked with both legs into Paige's back. Paige, obviously not ready for the bump, went down. She tried to get up but could not get her legs under her, finally did get up and turned to grab Banks, immediately falling down again and rolling over to her back, where she stayed. The referee checked on her and called for the bell. She was examined by WWE medical personnel and a stretcher was brought to ringside to transport her back to the locker room. After several minutes, Paige walked out under her own power.

It was believed at the time that Paige had suffered a stinger, leading to her losing feeling in her extremities. Given her previous neck surgery, WWE pulled her from the ring and set up further testing that led to this week's decision.

Paige had been announced for the first-ever Women's Royal Rumble match on 1/28 in Philadelphia after she was injured, but we are told that was before medical testing led to the determination that she was to be pulled from performing as an in-ring competitor. She will be replaced in the match and all signs are that she will relegated to a non-physical role for the company going forward. One would assume the company will devise a way to write her out of the Rumble match without any physicality, similar to how Daniel Bryan is not allowed to be involved in anything physical in his current role as Smackdown General Manager.

Paige's injury came, as most injuries do, at the worst possible time.

2016 into 2017 was an explosive year for Paige that saw her undergo neck surgery, be hit with a pair of WWE Wellness Policy suspensions, undergo the embarrassment of personal and explicit videos being leaked and of course, her public and tumultuous relationship with Alberto el Patron. There were a number of incidents that played out in the public eye involving the couple, included a July 2017 scene at the Orlando International Airport that was so bad, local authorities got involved, later determining not only that Paige was the aggressor in the situation but that there was enough evidence to prosecute her for domestic violence battery. In the end, the District Attorney's office opted not to move forward with the prosecution.

By the latter part of the year, however, Paige was cleared medically and was finally back in the ring, spending time at the WWE Performance Center in order to prepare for a television return. She was brought back with great fanfare during a great Raw segment last year, helping to introduce NXT talents Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville to the main roster as part of the Absolution faction. The strategy behind putting the group together may have been to devise a way to limit Paige's ring time due to her previous neck issues, while also getting her back on TV in a prominent role. Almost immediately, the trio was clicking, feuding with Sasha Banks, Bayley and Mickie James. Paige was right back where she should have been.

Then, the injury happened.

The irony of the situation, a number of sources have pointed out, is that no one would think there was anything physically wrong by looking at Paige, making it even more unthinkable that she, at 25, is being removed from WWE competition.

A second generation star from Norwich, England who broke into the business at just 13 years of age, Paige's signing to WWE developmental was instrumental in leading to the current incarnation of the WWE women's division. She was one of the first breakout stars of the WWE NXT brand as it evolved from just being a developmental territory. NXT's Women's division, unlike the WWE main roster at the time, specifically focused on the athletic in-ring abilities of the female talents and built stories, title matches and rivalries no different than NXT's male counterparts.

As more and more talents migrated from NXT to arrive on WWE's main roster, the women's division there also evolved, becoming far more performance-based as the division became a more popular and important piece of WWE's product, Paige was not only a major part of moving the division forward, she was the first sign of that the tides were changing.

Paige, the first NXT Women's champion, was moved to the main roster as a surprise the day after Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans, shockingly defeating AJ Lee to become the WWE Divas champion. In doing so, Paige became the first and only woman to hold the belts simultaneously. With her Divas championship win, she was also the youngest woman to hold the belt at 21 years of age. She would hold the Divas championship twice.

While Paige will not be allowed to wrestle going forward by the company, we are told that she is extremely well liked by management, so one would think she would remain with the company in some capacity. She was featured on reality series Total Divas, so that's a possible vehicle for her, as are WWE Studios feature films. It's also possible the company could tap her to Coach in the NXT system or attempt to transition her into another on camera role.

Of course, The Rock is producing WWE Studios' forthcoming film "Fighting With My Family", which will be released theatrically September 14th. The company will obviously utilize Paige to promote the film, which based on a British documentary made about Paige's family, The Knights, who have been wrestling and promoting the World Association of Wrestling (WAW) promotion in Great Britain for years. One of the lead characters, named Raya (short for Saraya, Paige's given name) is played by actress Florence Pugh and is the central character of the film as it follows a fictionalized version of Paige's path to World Wrestling Entertainment, right down to a major scene where they recreate the night she debuted on Raw and captured the Divas championship.

The importance of her connection to the film alone should allow Paige to continue to be showcased in some fashion until the film hits theaters.

Outside of WWE, Paige had been attempting to build a separate brand for herself under the name "Saraya" with the assistance of former WWE star Rosa Mendes and her husband. Obviously, that will continue as well.

Wow, bummer if its true.

Last edited by Kodo Sawaki : 01-12-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added stuff
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Definitely a huge blow to women's wrestling in the WWE. She was the fresh face that was desperately needed in female division that felt partially stale at times. If these rumors are true, I'd love to see Paige stick around and become a manager for someone who struggles to get a consistent reaction from the crowd. Pair her up with Finn Balor or Baron Corbin to keep her on television and help some of these guys standout against a pretty stacked roster.

Whatever the case, it truly sucks when careers get cut short like this — especially one so young. The women of WWE were making history without Paige there and they'll continue doing so without her so I'd imagine she's in a pretty low place right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:41 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

If this is true, i kinda feel sad for her mostly because of everything that happened last year with her injury, her personal life falling apart and her depression she had only to fight her way through it and be able to comeback, have a great storyline for her comeback and it seems like she was on the verge of getting a huge push going into mania maybe even winning the rumble and now, it'S all taken away from her because Sasha Banks miss time a move and re injured, her neck in the process and i don'T know what else got damage with that move.

So now what does that mean for her, If she's forced to retire because of it, you could still use her as the mouthpiece for absolution but you would need to add a third person in the group to replace her as a performer. Again that's if she want to still be involve in the product. As a manager, she doesn't need to take bumps but that again up to her if she would be confortable just being on the outside in a manger role.

Outside of that, i don't know what she could do outside of that if she wants to stay with WWE, maybe just do promotional work for them.

The biggest thing that will probably happen out of all of this is that it's probably Sasha Banks that will get all the heat for this because even if it was a accident, she's still the one that did the move that injured and ultimately retired Paige. Plus how will Sasha feel about the fact that it's her fault Paige can't wrestle anymore? That's the sad thing about it.

Paige had a great career in front of her and because of a accident, she probably done now at the age of 25 which is young to retire from wrestling. Anyway, until WWE confirm this, it'S still in the rumor stage so let's hope it's not true because WWE would lose one of the most talented performers they have in the women's division and she had a lot of years left to become a even bigger star.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:15 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

If this is true and she doesn't want to do anything in front of the camera, do you do something special for her like you did with Edge and Daniel Bryan and give her a segment either at the beginning or the end of Raw next week to announce her retirement and say goodbye to the fans or you just let this one go? Because i feel she a big enough star to let her have her moment like Daniel Bryan and Edge had.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:39 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Really awful. Paige has been through so much in the past year and a half, she finally makes her return, is actually doing something somewhat interesting and because of one freak kick, her career is over.

I can't help but think of the big picture implications this might have. Not really sure what becomes of Absolution now, and I think this shows just how serious WWE takes neck/head injuries, and that doesn't bode well for people who think Daniel Bryan might be wrestling at Mania/Summerslam (and I won't lie, I was starting to become one of those people).

I like the idea of her becoming a manager, I REALLY like the idea of her becoming a coach at the PC though. I'm not sure what the deal is with coaches taking bumps, I'm pretty sure HBK doesn't bump down there but you know, he's Shawn Michaels. Still, I think Paige has a lot to teach to the young women coming up in the system.

Also, I've seen a lot of hate for Sasha online because of all of this... please stop that.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Sad as she's so young with great talent and just started her comeback, She's had quite bad luck the past couple of years. Would like to see her stick around and still do something in the WWE.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:04 PM
It was never the same.

TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Life Of Pablo Ren View Post
Also, I've seen a lot of hate for Sasha online because of all of this... please stop that.
Sasha is catching hell right now. I'm seeing more people attacking or defending her than people actually discussing Paige. Some folks are actually trying to get F-you Sasha trending in a hashtag.

Here's the video:

Now was this the smartest move considering the injury Paige had overcome, no. But this smear campaign that Sasha single handily ruined her career is ridiculous.

I do fear how Paige would react if she received news that the WWE wouldn't clear her, she's not known for making the most rash decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to continue wrestling elsewhere and really hurt herself. But If this is true (Paige recently posted on her Instagram that "the comeback is always stronger than the setback) it really is an unfortunate case. I'm not the biggest Paige fan, but she would be missed.

Last edited by TJ Matics : 01-12-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:21 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Matics View Post
Sasha is catching hell right now. I'm seeing more people attacking or defending her than people actually discussing Paige. Some folks are actually trying to get F-you Sasha trending in a hashtag.

Here's the video:

Now was this the smartest move considering the injury Paige had overcome, no. But this smear campaign that Sasha single handily ruined her career is ridiculous.

I do fear how Paige would react if she received news that the WWE wouldn't clear her, she's not known for making the most rash decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to continue wrestling elsewhere and really hurt herself. But If this is true (Paige recently posted on her Instagram that "the comeback is always stronger than the setback) it really is an unfortunate case. I'm not the biggest Paige fan, but she would be missed.
You know, I remember watching the video the night it happened on my phone but I was half asleep, watching it here... I really have no idea what was going through Sasha's head unless she straight up just forgot who she was facing, which I guess is entirely possible.

Still, she doesn't deserve the bull that she's getting now. I can only imagine how awful she's feeling and to say or think that she did this deliberately is just so stupid.

Over the past year and a half or so Sasha seems to have gotten the reputation of an unsafe worker but, has anything else happened like this before? I don't mean ending somebody's career obviously but causing an injury to someone? I know she herself has taken more than a few wild bumps and there was this one incident with Charlotte and a moonsault... but both came out of that fine. It hardly seems like a fair reputation to have.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Life Of Pablo Ren View Post
You know, I remember watching the video the night it happened on my phone but I was half asleep, watching it here... I really have no idea what was going through Sasha's head unless she straight up just forgot who she was facing, which I guess is entirely possible.

Still, she doesn't deserve the bull that she's getting now. I can only imagine how awful she's feeling and to say or think that she did this deliberately is just so stupid.

Over the past year and a half or so Sasha seems to have gotten the reputation of an unsafe worker but, has anything else happened like this before? I don't mean ending somebody's career obviously but causing an injury to someone? I know she herself has taken more than a few wild bumps and there was this one incident with Charlotte and a moonsault... but both came out of that fine. It hardly seems like a fair reputation to have.
I think, and I may be wrong on this, but I think her rep as an unsafe worker is more due to her harming her own body. Most other places, like reddit, that I have checked out seem to have that opinion. I do see some people, enough to be a minor trend, call her out for looking sloppy and trying to many intricate moves as well. Oh and that spot where she has an opponent propped in the corner and she jumps and lands knees first on their midsection, that one sparks some debate as well.

The thing I find odd about this is that there have been other instances where guys seriously injured an opponent and no one batted an eye, well except Bret Hart. Joe ended Tyson Kidd's career and barely an eye was batted. D'Lo paralyzed Droz. AJ has broken like three necks with the Clash and that only raised a minor controversy. Rollins retired an admittedly 50+ year old Sting. No one, save Bret, called for their heads.

There is a growing disdain for Sasha in the IWC, mostly due to how she has been reported to treat fans, so maybe that is why there is a vocal cry here, but yeah, she doesn't deserve to be crucified.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Godfather of Integrity
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

Feel bad for Paige. Been a rough time for her and now this, the bad just stacks up. She'll get a job with WWE outside of active competition, no doubt.

Sasha Banks is perhaps the most overrated wrestler in the world right now. You cannot be good at something if you hurt yourself doing it and cause injuries to others. This spot, if Paige is actually forced into retirement, was absolutely one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a long time. Why the hell would you throw that kick? People calling it a smear campaign seriously need to have at the long trail of evidence that links Sasha Banks to injuries. The woman isn't very good. I don't care how many flips you can do or what crowd reaction you get, if you can't do a match without hurting someone than you're shit.

This speaks to a larger issue of Sasha Banks being clumsy as hell inside the ring. The double knee spot nearly messed up Charlotte at SummerSlam a few years ago, Banks has gone through a bunch of injuries to herself since she clearly doesn't recognize what the hell she is doing wrong and now she thinks it's a good idea to kick someone with a history of having a bad neck right in the back of her neck within the first two months of her return.

Banks is either really dumb or a bad worker. Those are the two options. It's sad that Paige had to pay the price for Banks' continued sloppy work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Only the law had a shot at taking that belt off of Jon Jones