WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Live Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Gentleman of the Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Gelgarin

This iteration is a little bit different to the norm. There's a difference between a dispute over whatever the fuck brand supremacy is supposed to be, and one that is literally framed in the terms of Smackdown trying to prove that it isn't the 'B' show.

Normally the winners have a little party and everyone moves on with their lives, but I'm struggling to envisage a scenario for Tuesday night, short of WWE's prize winning philosophy of immediately pretending this whole thing never happened, that doesn't involve some kind of "Yup; we suck" from the Smackdown cast. By my count, every single male baby-face, on the entire brand, lost last night; with most of those ostensibly higher up the card looking a bit shit. That's not an auspicious position to start building towards Clash of Champions.

Put another way; how the fuck are Sami and Kevin, when they open the show tomorrow, supposed to make their promo in any way inaccurate or exaggerated.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
This iteration is a little bit different to the norm. There's a difference between a dispute over whatever the fuck brand supremacy is supposed to be, and one that is literally framed in the terms of Smackdown trying to prove that it isn't the 'B' show.

Normally the winners have a little party and everyone moves on with their lives, but I'm struggling to envisage a scenario for Tuesday night, short of WWE's prize winning philosophy of immediately pretending this whole thing never happened, that doesn't involve some kind of "Yup; we suck" from the Smackdown cast. By my count, every single male baby-face, on the entire brand, lost last night; with most of those ostensibly higher up the card looking a bit shit. That's not an auspicious position to start building towards Clash of Champions.

Put another way; how the fuck are Sami and Kevin, when they open the show tomorrow, supposed to make their promo in any way inaccurate or exaggerated.
Well Sami and Kevin can just say "we totally would have beaten this dream team on Raw but Shane had to do it himself".

Other than that they'll focus on AJ coming THIS close to beating Lesnar and the Jinder Mahal title match. For the rest of the people....yeah it didn't happen or matter because we're moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Gentleman of the Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...Gelgarin is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Gelgarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
Well Sami and Kevin can just say "we totally would have beaten this dream team on Raw but Shane had to do it himself".

Other than that they'll focus on AJ coming THIS close to beating Lesnar and the Jinder Mahal title match. For the rest of the people....yeah it didn't happen or matter because we're moving on.
Except that's, broadly speaking, accurate. Them coming down and running down the rest of Smackdown doesn't work when the rest of Smackdown has just come off looking shit. They'd have to lean super hard into Sami and Kevin "costing" the brand their chance at victory, which I don't think anybody is going to buy.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
Except that's, broadly speaking, accurate. Them coming down and running down the rest of Smackdown doesn't work when the rest of Smackdown has just come off looking shit. They'd have to lean super hard into Sami and Kevin "costing" the brand their chance at victory, which I don't think anybody is going to buy.
With Shane McMahon, nearly 50 years old, appointing himself captain supposed to be a face move, Smackdown already has big issues with making people buy arguments.

In other words, forget all the logic and common sense because we need to push Shane as the big star.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mahal gets the title back this Tuesday, since from a kayfabe perspective, AJ is now damaged goods as a champion. Mahal could claim "I never lost to Lesnar." And then boom! WWE has their main event for Clash of Champions.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Mahal gets the title back this Tuesday, since from a kayfabe perspective, AJ is now damaged goods as a champion. Mahal could claim "I never lost to Lesnar." And then boom! WWE has their main event for Clash of Champions.
Gross.
Quote:
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:10 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
What is it?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Clash of Champioms after the champions fought at Survivor Series. WTF.