WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Maimed Maimed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
Maimed is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Zack Ryder is more deserving than The Undertaker

Yet everyone worships the ground The Undertaker walks on and claims he deserves his current schedule. The guy hasn't been a full-timer in nearly 15 years.

I'm not even a Ryder fan, but I see Ryder as more deserving of Undertaker's sweetheart schedule and pay than the deadman himself. His streak has been the only thing that had made him relevant this century.

Are wrestling fans so nostalgic that they forget Undertaker has been a part-timer for the majority of his career at this point?

...grumble grumble part-time Lesner...

...omg yes Taker!

Give me a break.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2018, 10:19 PM
therockiswwf's Avatar
therockiswwf therockiswwf is online now
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SD
Age: 23
Posts: 557
therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

This is the dumbest attempt at trolling I've ever seen.

Undertaker put in full-time work during his younger years. When his body started not being able to handle it (being 6'10 and old will do that to you), he shifted towards part-time. People love Taker. Taker is interesting. People like Ryder. He isn't that interesting. Huge difference.

Why am I feeding the troll?
__________________
The Rock proposing to his Girlfriend
Rock: Will you marry me?
GF: I...
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2018, 04:40 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,760
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

No disrespect to Zack Ryder because i'm actually a fan of the guy, but how many events did he sold out in his career? None. How many PPV did he headlines because he was a actual draw? Again None. Now How many Show did Taker either headlines or sold out during his career? Multiple.

The fact is, you're comparing apple to orange here. Ryder has a long career but while he got over for a cup of coffee, he was NEVER a draw. Taker has been a draw for WWE since 1990, So at this point, he more then deserve his schedule the money he'S making because he made WWE ten times the money that they are giving him right now. That's call being a draw my friend.

Next before writing dumb shit like that, please do some research on the history of wrestling and what it mean to be a draw (Taker) vs what it mean to be a utility guy (Ryder).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2018, 09:13 PM
I_Like_All_Wrestling I_Like_All_Wrestling is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 554
I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

I'm sorry you feel that way Mrs. Ryder.

It's simple to see how you are wrong though.
1) Past. Undertakers has history, nostalgia, and loyalty on his side.
2) Present. Fans are still interested in Taker, despite god awful matches. They are not interested in Ryder, which brings us to 3.
3) Getting over. Taker is and has been over. Ryder partially got over...a little...for a short period of time. Nationally. Internationally, Ryder is not over.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-2018, 02:40 AM
d_henderson1810 d_henderson1810 is offline
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,750
d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimed View Post
Yet everyone worships the ground The Undertaker walks on and claims he deserves his current schedule. The guy hasn't been a full-timer in nearly 15 years.

I'm not even a Ryder fan, but I see Ryder as more deserving of Undertaker's sweetheart schedule and pay than the deadman himself. His streak has been the only thing that had made him relevant this century.

Are wrestling fans so nostalgic that they forget Undertaker has been a part-timer for the majority of his career at this point?

...grumble grumble part-time Lesner...

...omg yes Taker!

Give me a break.
Ryder does work a part-time schedule, though, but for a different reason.

Taker works one because he was loyal to Vince for over 25 years, remained relevant throughout, has two dodgy knees and needs a hip replacement, and sells seats.

Ryder has one, because he is an irrelevance, who has not had a storyline anyone cares about for years. The one time he was made to look important (winning the IC belt at WM32), he lost the belt the next night, then wasn't even part of a Fatal-4-Way for it the next month on PPV. Someone who makes cameo appearances on RAW and SD Live. If Ryder was let go tomorrow, only his internet fans would be upset, and he would be forgotten about within six months, and only be remembered as a trivia question, or a "Where Are They Now" article.

Ryder seems to have a part-time schedule because Vince or the writers can't be bothered to give him anything to do, such is his irrelevance, and Vince only keeps him because he forgot that he has future-endeavoured him yet (something I call the JTG principle).

Hell, I bag Brock Lesnar's schedule here all the time, and hate that he is part-time. But even he is more deserving of one than a guy whose catchphrase is "WO!" "WO! "WO!"

I assume that either you are a troll or one of the most idiotic people to have ever graced God's green earth. This is one time where being a troll and an annoyance is actually something you would rather embrace.

Last edited by d_henderson1810 : 05-14-2018 at 02:43 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2018, 03:24 AM
Ceen Ceen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 40
Ceen is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Zack Ryder got his push, he was the one (or Vince), to fail to cash on it. He was superhot when he became US champ, and he failed (Cenaís shovel maybe, but it was his time to shine)
Taker had a beginning similiar to Rusev (undefeated), but he was a bigger, more corporate, more leader, as we see today in Romanís push. Vince pushes leadership and loyalty. Watch Taker 2008, how he worked every feud. Ryder is not close to him
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-14-2018, 06:41 AM
shooter_mcgavin shooter_mcgavin is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,499
shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceen View Post
Zack Ryder got his push, he was the one (or Vince), to fail to cash on it. He was superhot when he became US champ, and he failed (Cenaís shovel maybe, but it was his time to shine)
Taker had a beginning similiar to Rusev (undefeated), but he was a bigger, more corporate, more leader, as we see today in Romanís push. Vince pushes leadership and loyalty. Watch Taker 2008, how he worked every feud. Ryder is not close to him
They pushed him long enough to take ownership of his Youtube channel then once they had it WWE decided to bury Zack Ryder. People will dispute that but wrestling booking 101 tells you that you don't take someone who was getting hot and over and restrain them in a wheel chair and bandages so he get beaten up week after week.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-14-2018, 07:45 AM
George Steele's Barber's Avatar
George Steele's Barber George Steele's Barber is offline
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,884
George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default

I think I get the point. It's silly to begrudge Lesnar for his part time schedule when Taker has a far lighter schedule. I agree. I would go a step further and say the more important point in this argument:

Lesnar has been a much more entertaining wrestler than Taker for the past four years.
__________________
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:04 AM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 37
Posts: 12,847
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

This is either an attempt at trolling, the OP is 10 years old, mentally handicapped or some combination of the three.

Zack Ryder is a mid-card guy for life. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but there's no real money to be made with him any higher up than he is. Fans wanted to see him pushed for a long time, but they quickly lost interest when he got pushed to the United States Championship spot; I don't know if they were trying to be ironic or were just sorta supporting Ryder because they didn't expect WWE to get behind him or what but, whatever the case, Ryder lost momentum and fan interest about a week after he won the title.

Taker's been unrelentingly loyal to WWE and he's made a shitload of money for the company. Before Taker's body started to go downhill, nobody put in as much time as he did and part of the reason his body started to go downhill was because he put so much time in. What I mean by that is Taker would push himself to work through injuries when what he needed to do was to take time off to let his body heal up or, in a good many cases, kept putting off surgery required to fix injuries or to repair injuries that'd been worsened because he didn't take time off. In a lot of those instances, Taker waited too long to undergo the procedures and that when he finally did have them done, their effect was greatly reduced; for instance, Taker needed surgery on his shoulder, I forget if it was the left or right, but he put it off for so long that the surgery didn't really help and, as a result, he's never regained the full strength he once had in that arm. Reasons why he'd delay taking time off were because said time off would require him to miss time in which the company needed him the most and because the money was to good to not push through.

Factoring that in along with the money Taker has brought into WWE over the years....then no, Zack Ryder doesn't deserve anything more than the Undertaker. In fact, if Taker ever asks Ryder to help him with his bags, Ryder should probably consider himself lucky as it's the biggest thing he'd have ever really done in his career.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2018, 11:46 AM
M.V.W. M.V.W. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 35
Posts: 68
M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer
This is either an attempt at trolling, the OP is 10 years old, mentally handicapped or some combination of the three.

Zack Ryder is a mid-card guy for life. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but there's no real money to be made with him any higher up than he is. Fans wanted to see him pushed for a long time, but they quickly lost interest when he got pushed to the United States Championship spot; I don't know if they were trying to be ironic or were just sorta supporting Ryder because they didn't expect WWE to get behind him or what but, whatever the case, Ryder lost momentum and fan interest about a week after he won the title.

Taker's been unrelentingly loyal to WWE and he's made a shitload of money for the company. Before Taker's body started to go downhill, nobody put in as much time as he did and part of the reason his body started to go downhill was because he put so much time in. What I mean by that is Taker would push himself to work through injuries when what he needed to do was to take time off to let his body heal up or, in a good many cases, kept putting off surgery required to fix injuries or to repair injuries that'd been worsened because he didn't take time off. In a lot of those instances, Taker waited too long to undergo the procedures and that when he finally did have them done, their effect was greatly reduced; for instance, Taker needed surgery on his shoulder, I forget if it was the left or right, but he put it off for so long that the surgery didn't really help and, as a result, he's never regained the full strength he once had in that arm. Reasons why he'd delay taking time off were because said time off would require him to miss time in which the company needed him the most and because the money was to good to not push through.

Factoring that in along with the money Taker has brought into WWE over the years....then no, Zack Ryder doesn't deserve anything more than the Undertaker. In fact, if Taker ever asks Ryder to help him with his bags, Ryder should probably consider himself lucky as it's the biggest thing he'd have ever really done in his career.
Damn! Not even his IC Title win.
__________________
Twitter: @libsuperstar
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices