WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-03-2018, 04:47 AM
The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
WWE Diva's Champion

ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to ztwhite
Default Go Away Jose

Seriously. Just get this douche off my television.

He was barely watchable in the ring at NXT when he actually wrestled, and the dancing could at least be justified on that product.

But hes on Raw the flagship show and its just not entertaining, funny, enjoyable, etc... its a total waste of a segment. And they actually let him pin Baron Corbin! A guy whos reportedly considered to be destined for a huge push since Vince loves him.

Adam Rose couldnt make the gimmick work... and its the same identical gimmick without the crappy accent. Brodus Clay had his 15 minutes, but that fizzled fast too.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:53 AM

Ceen is looking to come up from OCW...

The worst call-up
Totally agree, even a heel turn will not work. If he is not totally repackaged
Old 05-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Yeah, he's not for me. At least Adam Rose had some thought and money put behind him. A rented bunny costume would be a huge help to Jose. It looks like they sent Barb in wardrobe to a Party City with $20 to dress up his entourage. I don't know what you do with him. He probably ends up in a tag team or group. Who knows? Maybe there is talent there, I just don't see it.

Disagree on the Baron Corbin stuff. Everyone should pin that guy.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I don't mind him that much, but I probably wouldn't notice if he disappeared. His gimmick doesn't relate to his ring work, he's basically the Caribbean Disco Inferno. He dances his way to the ring, sometimes he dances in the ring. For the most part, he does basic moves though. Kids probably find it amusing, but for me I just want to see him wrestle well.

If the WWE is dead-set on making this work, they need to give him moves that employ his dancing skills.

I don't get the "No-Way" part of his gimmick. Is it that there's "no-way" that his opponents could beat him? He needs to incorporate that in some relatable way as well, right now it's just some vague means of invoking a cheap chant from the crowd.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah they must've not remembered that this didn't work for Adam Rose either. Just a novelty act that's not gonna work and he'll be relegated to Main Event and only house shows soon. Hell, he didn't even perform in NXT for the past few months I believe before he was brought up.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm in the minority here, but I kind of like No Way Jose.

A few things I disliked about his debut was that they didn't darken the arena during his entrance like they did in NXT and that congo line HAS to go, but overall I look forward to seeing were he goes. For once, I am interested in a feud involving Baron Corbin.

Quote:
If the WWE is dead-set on making this work, they need to give him moves that employ his dancing skills.
He does incorporate the gimmick into his move-set, at least in the matches of his that I have seen. I remember he had a match against one of the guys in SaNitY and he had the guy in a headlock, twirled him around (sort of like ballroom dancing style) and hip tossed him. I also like the baseball punch finisher he used in his NXT debut match.

I'm hoping his feud with Corbin is similar to the feud against Austin Aries. Setting the ground work that he can be serious and have fun, but I doubt it. He's young and has a decent size, even if the gimmick fails, he can easily be repackaged.

Last edited by The Samoan Heritage : 05-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:26 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I knew when he first started on the NXT roster that this wouldn't work in today's environment. It's not a knock on the guy behind the character because I'm sure that He's a really good performer but this is such a 80's wwe gimmick. If we we're in a different era, maybe this gimmick would be a midcard character but today's It's a lower card c level gimmick.

This should have been killed off while in NXT because at less there you can repackage somebody and it doesn't matter now It's too late.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

He doesn't do much for me, but I'm not surprised he's there because Vince is known to love non-threatening, comedy mid-card guys. Everything about Jose seems like it's catered towards some things that Vince enjoys.

To be honest, with just a few tweaks, I think he'd be a perfect fit for a fourth member of New Day. He's all about having a good time, always full of positive energy, always dancing around all over the place, etc.. Unless that happens though, he's ultimately mid-card fodder.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 05-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This is the same thread that pops up any time one of these lighter or kid friendly gimmicks comes along. Jose just doesnt cater to us hardcore fans. Hes not an indie darling or remarkable character. Hes not even the best dancer weve seen in wrestling that makes up 90% of his gimmick.

The other thing he represents is a potential Latin star for WWE, though Adam Rose meets Disco Inferno meets Carlito Caribbean Cool seems like a bad place to find one. Of course, the requirement of a Latino star is for WWEs bottom line. We as fans should be less interested in the demographics and more interested in the quality of that star. Eddie Guerrero was one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and he mas Latino, he was not one of the greatest because he was Latino. Thats just part of the overall package, and not the underlying contributing factor.

No Way Jose is for the children. Why on Earth did he go over Baron Corbin? Do they see Jose as being a top guy? The answer simply is no, the answer is more complex.

Someone is WWE believes you can generate heat through losing matches. That its a good look for a wrestler to lose to an underdog, only to beat up the babyface and look evil in the process. This is why Jose went over to generate heat for Corbin.

This isnt new. The Bar just lost to Titus Worldwide while they were the number one contenders for the tag titles. Sin Cara seems to suddenly show up and pull a win over some heel who should be pushed, then vanishes off TV. Wade Barrett was often a victim of this, often while IC champion. Someone at WWE creative thinks heat can be generated from losing.

This is fundamentally backwards. In no way (pun intended) was this meant to get Jose over, this loss was meant to get Corbin over as a heel. Jose dances and smiles the kids will love him regardless.

Someone has to be the kid friendly act. Yes, Id rather my wrestling shows be balls to the walls action, but I recognize that Im not the only fan watching WWE. Id rather see anyone in Joses spot, but here we are. Maybe No Way Jose will evolve into one of our favourites? Who would have thought Aiden English would be this over with a singing gimmick? Who would have thought Drew McIntyre would return as a bruiser after 3MB. Then theres always the Jinder defense.

Give him time. Hell go away or hell sit in the undercard and eventually start a tag team. Corbin taking the L was meant to get him over. It probably wont. Corbin needs to move away from the weird loser gimmick that hes cultivated. Look at how Braun developed despite being in the favour of the WWE machine. They can do it with Corbin, but not with him constantly looking up at the lights.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:19 PM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

He's gonna be a jobber, nothing more, nothing less. Already got him working with Titus World Wide.