WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-28-2018, 07:13 PM

Bookerkingston is looking to come up from OCW...

Brock Lesnar.

And Braun Strowman.

And Samoa Joe to a lesser extent because his run on the main roster has seemed very underwhelming to me.

Everything else is painfully repetitive and skippable
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:21 PM

Strife3 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Why do you still Watch WWE?

There is 100's of answers to this question. for me watching raw and smackdown is fun cause it is like a soap opera. Yes it has crap in it, Raw and Smackdown both have crap but smackdown is better written. I am along time fan and I enjoy the whole show even the crap parts because it just makes the diamonds that apper that much better.

On avarage With Raw being 3 hours and 5 minutes you lose 30 to 45 minutes with commercials and with Smackdown being two hours it goes between 15 to 20 minutes on avarage and sometimes you get to see the action while the commercials are running.

Raw has usually 30 to 40 minutes at best of good stuff and Smackdown has usually about an hour of good stuff depending on the night.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:46 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...

The only complaint I have is Brock being Champion, he is a part timer enough said. I love Wrestling and have watched it for about 30 years even before Raw started. I like Raw a little bit better than Smackdown but they are both pretty good. I always say Wrestling is a violent soap opera I love it and I appreciate what the Wrestlers sacrifice and do for our entertainment every week. If people don't like it they can just turn there t.v. off but every Monday night I am at the t.v. at 7:00 p.m. with my pizza, and on Tuesday night as well. I will leave you with this Roman got screwed at GRR.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:54 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

To be honest I don't really watch anymore. Though the idea of Styles, Bryan, and a heel Nakamura on Smackdown! really intrigues me.

But for the most part I dont watch anymore beyond some of the bigger shows, some NXT take over stuff and tournaments in recent years like the CWC or Mae Young Classic.

In the network i usually just watch the older stuff and the documenatires like the Bruno Sammartino one (which was great by the way).
Old 05-01-2018, 05:42 PM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

I watch it to be entertained obviously.. Is there any other reason somebody would watch WWE?
Old 05-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I watch it now for what I know it to be... a soap opera that I can sit through and on occasion enjoy. Millions watch Eastenders/Coronation Street/Days Of Our Lives/Neighbours etc. and no one bats an eyelid. WWE is in reality a soap SET in a wrestling company and I can relate to it much more than I can any of those other bloody awful shows.

There might be more content for this particular soap to sit through and I can go and interact live with a show... but the principles are the same we see the people who play the roles AND the roles as they play them. WWE doesn't even try to hide it anymore and that's why I stick with it to an extent.

There is an element of "muscle memory" in that even if I am not as interested or watching as religiously, I keep up with events and make the effort to watch eventually, even if I skip the segments I don't like. Only thing I won't do anymore is stay up till silly o clock and take a day off work for a show... I used to.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

It comes down to two major contributing factors for me. I've been watching for nearly my entire life so it would take a lot for me to stop. Secondly, I still enjoy the product. Sure the main event scene in Raw has been horrible for the past year, but I still have reasons to watch the red brand. The midcard and female division have both been more than enough to keep my interest. Smackdown and NXT remain very entertaining. Even if I were to give up on Raw then I would still watch WWE for the other two brands. Smackdown has consistently been the better brand in the new brand split, even when Jinder freaking Mahal was the World Champion. NXT's constant revolving door with its roster and their fantastic booking makes it must-see. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I find a great amount of enjoyment out of the overall product. The stupid stuff gets fast forwarded and I watch what I do like.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:39 PM
#SwerveKing
Knockout Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's awful so I dont. I'm a pro wrestling fan, and that doesn't necessarily mean I have to be a WWE fan.

RAW is three hours long and impossible to sit through. Even if I loved all the characters and stories being told, and even if the commentary wasn't the single worst thing on the planet Earth, I'm not watching anything for three hours straight every week. I'll follow the news and tune into the major shows like Royal Rumble and WrestleMania but apart from that I don't really watch and life goes on.

I watch New Japan Pro Wrestling. The matches have better pacing and selling, the promos more real and authentic, the product and stars aren't overexposed, the angles get legitimate heat, the big matches are well-built and feel huge, the live crowd isn't a bunch of idiots trying to put themselves over, and the commentary doesn't make me smash a brick through my TV. It feels like an old school wrestling territory, updated for the modern world in the right ways. I love New Japan, and at this point it would really take a lot for me to start watching WWE again.

Last edited by Sexcellence of Sexecution : 05-07-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:26 PM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...

Because was hooked in the late 80's and followed regularly as a kid since the early 90's and it is still considered the big show and part of pop culture. WCW as an alternative was part of it too and a void that is missed even during it's lean final years. Pretty loyal to a product once get hooked. Still follow TNA after discovering it in the mid 2000's. Digital viewing helps now that you can forward through stuff easily. Now I mostly watch WWE for the matches. Especially NXT. Unfortunately the biggest thing lacking is storylines, feuds, character development etc. for the most part on the main roster are not as good as they can be and have been in different era's in the past. I started watching some stuff outside of WWE now like Lucha Underground, occasionally ROH/NJPW which has entertained me more times than WWE in recent years..

Last edited by Razz : 05-07-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:08 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Actually I've almost stopped watching it completely. Been a fan for 30 years now and it's time to take a break for awhile. Did the same thing about 15 years ago, my son got me back into it, now it's time for another break.

Glance through the spoilers a few days after a show airs, but haven't watched a complete RAW, Smackdown or NXT since before Mania. Didn't watch much of that either, that's how interested I was. Also used to participate in the LD threads every week just can't sit through the shows anymore. My son still watches and tells me when something interesting happens, strange though he's silent a lot of the time which tells me not much is happening.

The repetitive matches, absence oi a main title on RAW and the continuing push of Roman Reigns, turned me off. What are we 5 years into this push now, give it up for God's sake. If it hasn't happened by now it's not going too. He gets big matches and might sell merchandise but people are now apparently walking out during his matches. Yea maybe once the WWE changes I might come back, I don't expect I ever will to the extent I watched before.

Last edited by Navi : 05-08-2018 at 06:11 AM.