WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-18-2018, 03:58 PM

UncleSav4ge is looking to come up from OCW...
Thumbs down Greatest Royal Rumble Event Discussion & Reviews

Hello everyone

I wanted to talk about the management of the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia.

First of all WWE is not handling the tickets or event management, all they have to do is attend, do the show then leave. the General Sports Authority and the General Entertainment Authority here in Saudi Arabia are handling the tickets and event management in general and believe me when I say that they are doing the worst job ever, but before i go through this you need to understand that there are different types of tickets ( 10 SAR for Single male tickets, 10 SAR for Family tickets, 20 SAR for Single Male tickets, 20 SAR for Family tickets, 100 Gold tickets for families only, VIP tickets for families only ), now allow me to explain.

1- The online website that they have setup is not working properly, people are paying but not receiving their tickets until now and sometimes the website just doesn't allow you to proceed with your payments for no reason.

2-the VIP and GOLD sections are for families only, which means you must be married or you must have a kid who's less than 12 years old or you have to be a woman to buy that ticket and enter.

3- The Ringside & VIP tickets were never available to the public, they decided to give these tickets to celebrities and government officials.

4- When the General Sports Authority received the tickets so they can sell them to the public, the employees there decided to take all the 20 SAR Single Male tickets and sell them by themselves for a higher price to others or give them to families and friends ( witnessed it my self and that is how I got my 20 SAR Single Male ticket for 150 SAR ).

Unfortunately here in Saudi Arabia most of the wrestling fans are males and it has been proven since the WWE did a few events here in Saudi Arabia before. So when most of the seats are for families only then I'm afraid that this will bad for the event itself, most of the people that bought the tickets ( because they were so cheap ) don't even know who the Undertaker is, so the fan interaction might be just horrible which means this whole event can turn into a failure for the WWE.

As a wrestling fan when I heard that this event is going to happen, I saved $3,000 just for the VIP ticket and merchandise, but all of that is gone since I can only buy tickets for the worst seats which costs from $2.67 - $5.33 because I'm a single male and because I'm not a " celebrity ".

I want to know your thoughts and opinion on all of this.

P.S. if this isn't the section for this thread then I apologize.

Last edited by UncleSav4ge : 04-18-2018 at 04:08 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:27 AM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Well that sounds like it sucks.

WWE has no jurisdiction really how it runs, and with the King of SA doing the rounds recently, this is more a flex of power than hosting a fan friendly event.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:01 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hm sucks to hear that as the event (at least the card) looks pretty spectacular.

Now I don't know enough about Saudia Arabia, but I tend to agree with the previous poster, it definitely looks like a bit of muscle flexing to bring a show that has a card that's arguably even better than the Wrestlemania card to Saudia Arabia.

So I understand it really sucks if you wanted to buy premium seats, but can't get them because of these restrictions.

But then again, you saved up 3k now... with that money, you could book a flight to the US and see a PPV there
Old 04-19-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay Per Ghost View Post
Well that sounds like it sucks.

WWE has no jurisdiction really how it runs, and with the King of SA doing the rounds recently, this is more a flex of power than hosting a fan friendly event.
The King doesn't know, handle, or care about this event really, it's just bad management from the General Sports Authority & the General Entertainment Authority.

WWE did 3 or 4 events here before, and it was awesome because neither 1 of these 2 Authorities were handling the events.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer View Post
Hm sucks to hear that as the event (at least the card) looks pretty spectacular.

Now I don't know enough about Saudia Arabia, but I tend to agree with the previous poster, it definitely looks like a bit of muscle flexing to bring a show that has a card that's arguably even better than the Wrestlemania card to Saudia Arabia.

So I understand it really sucks if you wanted to buy premium seats, but can't get them because of these restrictions.

But then again, you saved up 3k now... with that money, you could book a flight to the US and see a PPV there
The General Entertainment Authority here in Saudi Arabia made a 10 year contract with WWE to do events here in Saudi Arabia, WWE already received their money so they are not getting any from these events now, that is why the tickets are so cheap ( $2.67 - $5.33 - $26.66 - $79.99 ).

Believe me 3k is not enough to go to the US and attend a PPV, already thought about that #FeelsBadMan.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

BAH GAWD! This actually makes me want to watch this event even more.

You're apparently going to have fans in the audience who don't really know who certain people are and aren't up on some of the more popular chants, and they're going to have to sit through a 50 man Royal Rumble.

I'm guessing that when they get to number 32 fans are going to be glued to their phones.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSav4ge View Post
The General Entertainment Authority here in Saudi Arabia made a 10 year contract with WWE to do events here in Saudi Arabia, WWE already received their money so they are not getting any from these events now, that is why the tickets are so cheap ( $2.67 - $5.33 - $26.66 - $79.99 ).

Believe me 3k is not enough to go to the US and attend a PPV, already thought about that #FeelsBadMan.
Heard this... two of my mates were supposed to go and work this as crew but got pulled from it last minute... but they've been told it's a 10 year deal and the go next time first in line.

Not sure what to make of it... other than it's easy money for WWE and an experiment... if they can handle the Saudi restrictions and do a big and strong show, then China is on the table for them....feels like this is an audition.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
BAH GAWD! This actually makes me want to watch this event even more.

You're apparently going to have fans in the audience who don't really know who certain people are and aren't up on some of the more popular chants, and they're going to have to sit through a 50 man Royal Rumble.

I'm guessing that when they get to number 32 fans are going to be glued to their phones.
I'm hoping the real fans in the crowd will compensate by cheering and hopefully the cameras will be directed at the real fans, not at the ones that don't even know what show they are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
Heard this... two of my mates were supposed to go and work this as crew but got pulled from it last minute... but they've been told it's a 10 year deal and the go next time first in line.

Not sure what to make of it... other than it's easy money for WWE and an experiment... if they can handle the Saudi restrictions and do a big and strong show, then China is on the table for them....feels like this is an audition.
WWE already did 3 or 4 shows here in Saudi Arabia, all of them were a huge success and they were all sold out even though no big names were in these show and they weren't televised.

All I'm hoping for is that the possible failure of this event won't make WWE regret their decision and terminate their contract because some idiot gave the order to make 80% of the tickets for families and celebrities.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

That sounds messed up, It does sound like a cool card to attend even if the atmosphere isn't the best if loads don't even know who the wrestlers are, I'm surprised to hear women are even allowed to attend this event nevermind get the best seats as part of a family in a country who didn't even let women drive.
I'm interested if any homosexual wrestlers will attend this event as they would be arrested and potentially thrown head first off of a roof, I don't know who from the current roster is gay I've heard rumours like everyone else but nothing is comfirned, Pat Patterson and Darren Young are only two I knew for sure but they have both left now,
Also Jewish performers I know Paul Heyman is so not sure what will happen here.
I wouldn't expect to see any female performers either.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGlasgow View Post
That sounds messed up, It does sound like a cool card to attend even if the atmosphere isn't the best if loads don't even know who the wrestlers are, I'm surprised to hear women are even allowed to attend this event nevermind get the best seats as part of a family in a country who didn't even let women drive.
I'm interested if any homosexual wrestlers will attend this event as they would be arrested and potentially thrown head first off of a roof, I don't know who from the current roster is gay I've heard rumours like everyone else but nothing is comfirned, Pat Patterson and Darren Young are only two I knew for sure but they have both left now,
Also Jewish performers I know Paul Heyman is so not sure what will happen here.
I wouldn't expect to see any female performers either.
Nothing will happen if a homosexual wrestler performs, nobody cares not even the government, as well as Jewish performers. Main point is if you are an american in Saudi Arabia then nobody can actually touch you, they will be treated like kings, that's the reality.

On the other hand there won't be any women matches, they might attend but they won't perform because it's allowed for some religious reasons or something like that.