WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-13-2018, 05:31 AM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Rusev Replaced

Now here's a tin foil hat...

No reason has been given so far as to why was this match changed; Rusev released it, WWE did it and that it was gonna be a Casket Match after (correct if I am wrong) a good 7 years. Big deal and all of a sudden BOOM! Y2J.

Machka injured, doghoused?

Speculatively speaking, this might have been done to actually not have an emerging face against Taker, then again, Jericho is gonna get a solid pop and reaction too.

Maybe the Saudis just don't like the Soviets.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:03 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Taker vs. Jericho makes more sense. Why bury a guy who is way over by a veteran who typically only wrestles once a year? Rusev should be repackaged and brought back as the dominant force like when he came in.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:26 AM

andvari7 is looking to come up from OCW...

It gets better:

Rusev has removed all references to WWE from his social media profiles, given his contact information for booking, and has unfollowed everybody from his estranged employers. This all coincides with an interview he and Lana did with TMZ, in which neither were in their gimmicked accents.

This could either be a future endeavor announcement before the announcement, or a very, very well-orchestrated face turn, and the whole Twitter thing is a work.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:34 AM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

Cena Cost Taker match, setting up match at Backlash?

I think it's one of 2 things for Rusev. And yes I am being obvious here. Either 1. WWE now finds him far too over to book him like that, or 2. He was granted release and will be gone soon.

I hope it's 1, he has been getting huge reaction lately.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:02 AM

shadyfozzie is looking to come up from OCW...

I hope Rusev gets drafted to Raw and faces Lesner for the title.. That would be awesome!
Old 04-13-2018, 09:49 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Either it's all a work building towards something bigger for Rusev, or it's time to say goodbye to Rusev Day in WWE. This might just be my cynicism seeping through here, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

I understand the logic that having someone like Rusev, who is undeniably over with the crowd whether WWE are choosing to accept it or not, falling to someone like Undertaker in a Casket Match is detrimental to someone like Rusev. Because someone like Rusev should in theory be getting a stronger face push towards bigger and better things, not losing in effectively meaningless matches just to serve the crowd's interest in getting to see Undertaker in Saudi Arabia, is a good call. So, WWE could have realised that. Yet, I personally doubt that considering they not only let Rusev take the fall at WrestleMania, but he then lost AGAIN on SmackDown when it could have easily been Jinder Mahal, one of WWE's most hated main roster stars, against one of its rising stars. So, why take him out of the Casket Match when the prior booking doesn't make it seem as if WWE cares all that much about progressing Rusev as a face.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, and I hope I am. But a Rusev release wouldn't surprise me at all, and in a way I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner.

And in fairness, I love the sound of Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:18 AM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think they find him too over or they would've put the US title on him at Mania or at least had someone else eat the pin. News says he removed references of WWE in twitter and is basically through statements implying he is leaving. Of course this could be a work as this has happened numerous times before with rumors of wrestlers leaving. Rusev should be run as a face in the same vein as Big E where he is a big dude that could be that monster type that Vince loves but is goofy in his personality that it works. Not sure how long the whole Rusev Day will last as it is the in thing to chant right now but WWE should at least strike while the iron is hot. WWE should work in some backstage promos with Rusev and English in some comedic material. Also Rusev is trademarked by WWE so if he left he can't use the whole Rusev Day deal.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think he burned too many bridges backstage with his antics. I would not be surprised that his contract is nearly up, and Rusev wants to go the "Cody Rhodes route". If he is really serious, change his name legally to "Alexander Rusev" and make a killing on the Indy scene. If RoH signs him and CJ "Lana" Parker, all bets are off. RoH and NJPW will be in a position that nobody has been in for 20 years: a chance to seriously compete with WWE.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:43 PM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
I think he burned too many bridges backstage with his antics. I would not be surprised that his contract is nearly up, and Rusev wants to go the "Cody Rhodes route". If he is really serious, change his name legally to "Alexander Rusev" and make a killing on the Indy scene. If RoH signs him and CJ "Lana" Parker, all bets are off. RoH and NJPW will be in a position that nobody has been in for 20 years: a chance to seriously compete with WWE.
I would love that.

And yes I know my SN is Greg4WWE, but I made it a very long time ago. I would love an organization to make Vince write better again or get left behind.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:11 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I fell it's just Rusev being rusev trying to get attention on social media. The thing is with Rusev is that's he became Popular at the wrong period of the year. The whole Rusev day thing really became huge going into Mania and every major program at the time were already booked so you couldn't really call a audible and insert him in any of the major programs. So, they found a spot for him in the us title match at mania and while he took the pin, he still looked strong in the lost. Now they can actually focus on pushing him again which is why i think they went against putting him against Taker at the saudi arabia show. Because this was basically a squash match set up and they don't want to kill the brand, plus while he's a huge deal in north america, he might not get the same reaction in saudi arabia so again, you don't want to squash somebody that can make you money and you don't want to put somebody that might be perceive as not worth The undertaker's time either on a huge show like this one.

Also what makes me think that this is some just him trolling the fans is the fact That his Wife still has all her mentions of WWE on her twitter account and the fact that they use her account to explain why the switch was made tell me that they're really nothing to this story outside Rusev trying to get the smart fans to talk about him.