WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-11-2018, 09:07 AM

shadyfozzie is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Women Tag Team Titles

With the call up of The Iconics, there is a multitude of Women's wrestlers that are not really doing much. So, should WWE introduce Women's tag team belts and have them work both shows? You already have a few teams that could feud for them:

The Iconics
Bliss/James
Absolution
Riott Squad

Then there are possible teams you can create and call up some NXT chicks
Bayley/Banks
Bring the Bellas back

This still leaves a handful of women to compete for the championships.

Thoughts?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:17 AM
#SwerveKing
Knockout Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

I've thought for awhile that if this whole women's revolution thing or whatever they're calling it is serious, they are going to need more belts for the women to compete with. I agree, the women's division has expanded, there are more female wrestlers than ever and you can't just have a top singles title with a roster that large. I also agree that there are some logical teams like the Iconic Duo, Absolution, and the Riott Squad. Bayley and Sasha's feud would also have benefitted from the existence of women's tag belts, because they could've been the tag champions and implode from there.

Here's the problem though.

THanks to the brandsplit, the WWE already has a fuckload of titles. Between RAW and SmacDkwon you've got 8 championships, plus the crusierweight title which is kind of a RAW thing and kind of it's own thing. So a women's tag team championship will make 10. And now they're combining the brands for every PPV, and there's no way they can feature every title properly. PPVs are already way too fucking long, I don't need them trying to fit more stuff onto the show.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:43 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

With the Brand Split, will there be Raw Women’s Tag Team Championship Titles and Smackdown Women’s Tag Team Championships Titles?? Though that would be overkill, I think it’s only right, unless they start consolidating the Championship Titles again. Maybe they should consolidate the current Raw and Smackdown Women’s Championship Titles and the current Raw and Smackdown Tag Team Championship Titles again and then have the Champions appear on both shows. This could also make room for a Women’s Mid-Card Championship Title.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 04-11-2018, 11:51 AM

M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Patrick Star
With the Brand Split, will there be Raw Women’s Tag Team Championship Titles and Smackdown Women’s Tag Team Championships Titles?? Though that would be overkill, I think it’s only right, unless they start consolidating the Championship Titles again. Maybe they should consolidate the current Raw and Smackdown Women’s Championship Titles and the current Raw and Smackdown Tag Team Championship Titles again and then have the Champions appear on both shows. This could also make room for a Women’s Mid-Card Championship Title.
Every now a woman from the other brand can chllenge for the title.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

There are enough women now that it makes sense to go in that direction. With the Iconics now on the roster as well as factions like Absolution and the Riott Squad it could work. It also adds something to do for the girls who currently have nothing going on, if more teams and alliances are created. I'd like to see it happen at some point. It wasn't until in recent months that they would have had the roster to pull it off so I say give it a try. I agree with the thread starter's post with the exeption of one thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyfozzie View Post
Bring the Bellas back
Not this. Never this.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:37 PM

xxjohnxx is looking to come up from OCW...

We are getting tag titles, but would they also benefit from having a women's intercontinental championship? When Seth Rollins was taken away from feuding for the universal title he downgraded to the IC title. For the women there is no downgrade. Its either the top or nothing. That leaves several women with little chance at being at the top. With two belt tiers, the top women could battle for the women's title and the lower tier for the IC title. And then we could still have the tag titles. This might seem like a lot, but if the women are going to be taken as seriously as the guys, with two feuds at the same time, we'd need all those belts. The IC belt and tag belts could be used on both shows.

It's going in that direction. As NXT grew they added the North American title. As the women's division grows, which was on full display at WM, we are going to need more belts for them. Its especially important now that CF, Asuka & Ronda seem to be on another level from the other girls. The top tier seems separate from the lower tier.

It wouldn't make sense for CF to go from the WM main event to feuding with a new girl. The new girls can start at the IC title level and work their way up to the women's title.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

There were rumors going back to last year that WWE intended to create tag titles for the women. When you consider all the stuff that they've done to expand on the whole Women's Evolution thing, such as all female MITB, Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble and various other things, a women's tag team title is coming eventually.

Do I think it's needed? Not really. If it was one big women's division where there are like 20+ women in all, there'd not only be room for a women's tag team title but there'd be potential for a women's mid-card championship. As it stands now with the brand split, however, you'd run into the same problems WWE has with its men's tag team division in that at any given time there are only a total of about 2 or so "legit" tag teams on either brand. As it stands, however, it just strikes me as nothing more than an excuse to create championship belts for the sake of someone having them.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Olan is looking to come up from OCW...Olan is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes I believe it is time. It would give the women not in title picture something but meaningless tag matches. I think it is a good idea.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:51 PM

xxjohnxx is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
There were rumors going back to last year that WWE intended to create tag titles for the women. When you consider all the stuff that they've done to expand on the whole Women's Evolution thing, such as all female MITB, Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble and various other things, a women's tag team title is coming eventually.

Do I think it's needed? Not really. If it was one big women's division where there are like 20+ women in all, there'd not only be room for a women's tag team title but there'd be potential for a women's mid-card championship. As it stands now with the brand split, however, you'd run into the same problems WWE has with its men's tag team division in that at any given time there are only a total of about 2 or so "legit" tag teams on either brand. As it stands, however, it just strikes me as nothing more than an excuse to create championship belts for the sake of someone having them.
The rumors are that they will have a tournament for the tag titles around Summer Slam. The winning team will both appear on Raw and SD as part of the dual contract of the tag championship.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:50 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjohnxx View Post
The rumors are that they will have a tournament for the tag titles around Summer Slam. The winning team will both appear on Raw and SD as part of the dual contract of the tag championship.
Summerslam, good, that gives plenty of time for Braun to find another 10-year old kid to team up with.