The last one of these really killed Smackdown. IMO they were the much better show and had a lot of momentum at the time and then they lost a lot key peices.
Nakamura & Styles are not moving.. Wouldn't be surprised to see Orton, Bryan, Roode etc all go to Raw. Jeff Hardy is the obvious candidate to go to Smackdown with Matt teaming up with Wyatt now on Raw. Maybe, they swap Rollins and Jinder too..
Firstly, WWE should NOT move Bryan to RAW....leave him on Smackdown and let him battle some other guys there.
1) Baron Corbin: he needs a fresh start
2) Dolph Ziggler: see Corbin
3) Bobby Roode: the man can cut a promo, so let him go to a 3 hour show where he can cut a promo as a heel or face.
4) The Usos: move them to RAW to feud with the top tag teams there
5) Naomi: well the Usos moved, so move her with them.
6) Charlotte: it'll give the fans the dream match potential of Charlotte vs. Ronda later
1) Finn Balor: goes to smackdown and becomes a heel when he quickly targets....Daniel Bryan. have Bryan challenge Nakamura on Smackdown, then have Balor interfere and cost Bryan the match and have him and The Club attack Bryan.
2) Anderson and Gallows: speaking of fresh starts, give them one with Balor and the Club....have them first target Bryan.....then at Backlash, their next target is their now EX-good brother AJ Styles (who they screw out of the title).
3) Bayley: as far as women go, she needs a new place to jump start her career....keep her face.
4) Sasha Banks: have Bayley come out on Smackdown knowing that she's there then have Sasha jump her from behind (to cement her heel turn) and announce she's here too.
5) Asuka: i dont know if she moves, but if she does, then move her here and have her go after Carmella.
6) Big Cass: he needs to be on another show where he can wrestle and isnt asked to cut many promos
now it's possible that Miz moves to Smackdown, but i kinda dont want to see that, i prefer him on RAW chasing the IC title, i wont mind and want to see Jeff Hardy on smackdown, but i dont think he leaves his brother. Elias also might move to Smackdown, but i dread hearing him sing on a 2 hour show, so i hope he doesnt go there. Curt Hawkins likely moves (just to keep the funny trend of him moving back and forth continue) and i wont be shocked if Big Show goes to SD Live either. also, my guess is Owens and Zayn come back to Smackdown.
My Shakeup (8 moves so you do combined shows each night with 4 moves from each brand each night).
1) The Uso's (this is a no brainer)
2) Charlotte (Mania Main Event next year will be her vs. Rousey)
3) Naomi (dynamic performer that doesn't need the belt to be entertaining)
4) Kevin Owens (with a face turn)
5) Randy Orton
6) Gable & Benjamin (with Angle on Raw this makes a lot of sense to)
7) Jinder Mahal (I like the US Title on Raw better)
8) Baron Corbin (needs a fresh start maybe a tag team with Big Cass???)
1) The Miz (Next year's Mania should be Bryan vs. Miz for the WWE Title)
2) Jeff Hardy (could be a featured performer on the B show)
3) Finn Balor
4) The Club (Balor Club reunites with Styles)
5) Sasha Banks
7) The Revival (they seem lost on Raw)
8) Seth Rollins (moving US to Raw, I-C to Smackdown)
1.Aj styles(he needs to be their main guy going forward)
2.Rusev and aiden english(no explanation needed)
3.Orton(he has done everything there is to do on sd...needs a change of scenery)
4.Usos(same as orton....they need new opponents)
5.Corbin(vince is very high on him...so why not?)
6.Charlotte(sets up the potential rousey and charlotte match)
7.Roode(monday night raw needs to be glorious)
8.kingston(he finailly needs a singles push again...and to be separated from the new day)
9.Neville(perfect time to bring him back and separate him from the cruiserweights)
10.Dillinger(he needs to be on a 3 hour show)
1.Sanity(they get called up from NXT)
2.Wyatt and hardy(just makes sense)
3.Stroman(He needs to run rough shot on smackdown live)
4.Almas and vega(Ohh it will happen for sure)
5.Balor and the club(Just makes perfect sense)
6.Lesnar(SD needs one championship)
7.Banks(It will be boss time on sd live)
8.Asuka(just makes sense)
9.Cesaro(They need to split up the bar for good)
10.samoa joe(he needs to get away from roman)
Last night Raw gained a few 'big names' but no massive stars.
Mid/Main - Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Bobby Roode, Jinder Mahal
Mid – Drew McIntyre, , Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin,
Owens, Zayn, Roode etc will stack up the mid card and also support the main event if needed. I didn't expect anybody huge to make the jump although that may happen tonight. Raw has seen Bobby Lashley join and the returns of Samoe Joe, Jeff Hardy and possibly Dean Ambrose soon. The roster is pretty stacked on the red side!!!
Low – Chad Gable, Zak Ryder, Mojo Rawley, Mike Kanellis
Tag Teams – Breezango, The Ascension
The two tag teams and talent enhancers and there to simply freshen things up. The Authors of Pain are the big win for Raw and that was last week. Gable and Jordan may well team up again for American Alpha.
Divas – Natalya, Ruby Riot, Sarah Logan, Liv Morgan
Some nice additions there. A solid stable probably for Rousey to battle with and Natalya who may be there to guide Rousey.
Now for tonight's Smackdown.........based on what we saw last night I predict the following.
Mid/Main - The Miz, Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor
Mid - Jeff Hardy, Big Cass, Andrade Cien Almas
Low - Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, Goldust,
Tags - Gallows/Anderson, Slater/Rhyno
Divas - Asuka, Bayley, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose
I’ll have a crack at doing Smackdown. Why not, a bit of a laugh. So here ya go:
It was either going to be him or Seth. I went with Jeff because Rollins is red hot on RAW at the moment and I think having an over, established vet like Jeff on the SD roster to be the number 3 babyface will be beneficial. Plus I like the idea of Matt and Jeff on seperate brands at the moment.
Finn Bálor, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
Turn then heel on AJ after he’s done with Nakamura, I think you can’t do much more with them as babyfaces and I think they can help AJ carry SD as the top heel faction ruling the roost, I legit can’t wait to see a AJ vs Finn feud.
This out of pure hope more then anything. With the new heel teams coming into the picture on RAW I’m really concerned that one of the best tag teams in the world are going to be completely buried on Monday nights. They stand a better chance on SD. These guys are the Brainbusters reincarnated, they deserve better then what they’re getting. Also tell me with a straight face you don’t want to see an Usos/Revival feud, those matches will be stiff as fuck.
Sasha Banks AND Bailey
Yep. Both of them. Not one or the other, send them both to SD. I think SD is in need of another top heel and Sasha fits the bill and with Asuka, Rousey, Moon and Nia filling up the air time on the babyface side of things on RAW, I think Bayley will do better on SD.
Another reason is that will this lead to the long awaited four horsewomen fatal 4 way match for the SD Women’s title. You HAVE to have that match on Summerslam, Survivor Series or Mania. That feud will elevated the belt tenfold. I know a lot of people are saying Asuka, but I think she will stay on RAW.
Big comeback story, give him a fresh start in SD’s mid card.
See Big Cass.
I think he’s run out of stuff to do on RAW and is starting to get a bit lost in the shuffle. Could really shine in SD’s upper mid card.
Either Deville or Rose
I think Absolution should split. Preferably have Deville on SD. With the Riot Squad and Bliss/James on RAW I don’t think we need another team.
(Did this already happen? I can’t remember) One last call up from NXT to round out the mid card.
A solid babyface tag team is needed on SD to back up The Usos and The New Day. These guys will do.
There will probably be more, but this is the moves I think will benefit SD the most. You have a good main event scene:
Babyfaces: AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Jeff Hardy and Dean Ambrose
Heels: Nakamura, Finn Bálor, The Miz and Randy Orton (flip him but keep him chasing the US title, he’s at that stage of his career where he’s more beneficial if he’s helping elevate the mid card)
Behind them in the mid card you have:
Elias, Tye Dillinger (get his arse back on TV for the love of god), Big Cass, Rusev, English, Almas and Benjamin.
You’ve got a rock solid women’s division:
Babyface: Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Bailey, Naomi
Heels: Carmella, Sasha Banks, Iconic, Sonya Deville
Plus you’ve still got Tamina and Lana hovering around.
8 divas is plenty of SD.
You’ve reinforced the tag team scene:
Babyfaces: The Usos, The New Day, Rusev Day (part time tag team), Slater/Rhyno
Heels: Bludgeon Bros, The Revival, The Club, Shining Stars
That’s 8 tag teams including a part time one in Rusev Day. That’s more then enough. The focus should be on the top 6 though.
I don’t think we need too many more call ups from NXT to be honest. Maybe just Almas. The rosters are kinda full and the call ups might just get lost in he shuffle, plus you don’t want to dilute NXT any more then needed.
So those are my thoughts. None of them will probably happen knowing my luck. But I gave it a red hot go.
I'm kinda hoping that the lackluster reveals on raw means that Smackdown is getting some better name out of this because as far as storytelling is concern, last night, Angle looked like a complete idiot with the wrestlers he got from this shakeup.
Let'S look at the list from worst pick to best pick
15. Mike Kanellis: I hoping that this can be a new start for the guy but the fact that Maria isn't coming back anytime soon and i completly forgot he was on smackdown make his chance of getting somewhere really slim
14. The Ascension: I'm still a fan of these guys but why is this gimmick even exciting now. Probably going to get use in comedy segment with breezango and squash matches on live event.
13. Zack Ryder: Again, big fan of the guy but i don't think a change of brand will help him at this point. His best years are behind him and this change means nothing.
12. Chad Gable: i don't anything potential in him as a single. They tried it on smackdown and it fail. I'm guessing the best thing for him would be to wait until jordan comes back and you reform american alpha.
11. Mojo Rawley: the guy is a good heel but terrible wrestler. the thing is, if they forgotten about him on smackdown, he's pretty much doom on Raw.
10. Breezango: really why them, i loved they're comedy segments but they won't fit well on a show like Raw.
9. The riott Squad: i guess you needed a fresh start for the group but unless they take some of the undercard girl off raw, i don't see much of a future for them.
8. Baron Corbin: It's a good idea to switch him but you have to send Strowman to smackdown to truly have something with him because if not, he's just another big man on the roster.
7. Natalya: again decent get especially since the rumor is that she's going to be Rousey first program which isn't that bad but after, what do you do with her.
6. Dolph ziggler: Really, does it matter where he is at this point, when you have to say that the best thing for him is partner him up with somebody else, that's kinda lame.
5.Jinder Mahal: Great Heel, decent wrestler, kinda feel like his run as a upper midcard guy is over with this move
4. Bobby Roode.: Again, The main problem with him is that WWE especially NXT producers didn't realise that giving him a great theme song would kill him. He felt like a afterthought when he started on smackdown and felt the same way with his debut on raw. The only thing that could save him is a complete repackage.
3. Drew Mcintyre: i Love the fact that he's teaming with Ziggler, it intrigue me and it'S a great start for him.
2 Sami Zayn: Pretty decent get even if it wasn'T angle idea, but him and owens are just taking Miz place on raw
1 Kevin owens: See above.
When you look at the end product, Smackdown got the better deal out of the 2 brand this year. I already gave my thought on the raw side of things but just for fun, i'm going to right my opinions on the smackdown side from worst to best pick
11. R-truth: At this point of his career, why not have him on smackdown maybe add him to the new day or something like that
10. Andrate ''cien almas w/ Zelina vega: these 2 are a package deal for now but i feel like Andrate might be the tye dillinger of this year's shakeup. In fact i feel like they might even split them up before the end of the year. The guy never really click in NXT until they put Zelina with him and even then, he was considered by some as one of the worst NXT champion in history so i wouldn't be surprise that he doesn'T get far on smackdown
9. Absolution: Kinda saw this coming since the riott squad got switch on monday. They could do something with them considering they former partner is Gm of Smackdown but i doubt that will happen and i wouldn't be surprise if they split them up before the end of the year unless they decide to create a tag championship for the women's.
8. Sanity: The fact that nikki cross isn't coming with the rest of them kinda tells me that this might not be a successful as they could have been especially since the smackdown tag team division have a lot of great teams in it.
7. Anderson and Gallows: i feel a refresh for them is in order and they might have that chance on smackdown plus if all else fail, just put them back with Aj Styles.
6. Big Cass: The fact that he's the only big men on smackdown will help him become a star. Just let him be a big bully type of monster and you might be fine.
5. The Miz: Personally this is just him coming back to smackdown after leaving the show for a year. He will have is feud with Bryan and then continue his run in the midcard until they decide to send him back to raw next year.
4. The Bar: those guys needed a change of scenery more then anybody else on the roster. They have beaten everybody on raw and now they have a new set of teams to beat on smackdown.
3. Jeff Hardy: Glad they did the switch: They needed to seperate the hardy as quick as possible. Plus this get another guy that can be a main eventer on Smackdown at some point.
2. Samoa Joe: Again awesome get, The guy was pretty much getting typecast on raw since he started and he's better then that, let him finsih up is program with Reigns and then program him with Bryan or orton or even Jeff hardy.
1. Asuka biggest gets of the week: She still a hot commodity in the women's division and now she has a whole new set of women's to wrestle with.
In the end, if you go with the storyline aspect of the whole thing, Paige pretty much prove she's the better GM out of the 2 since she was able to get all these great stars in exchange for pretty much what i considered smackdown leftovers.
Like last year, they did a lob sided shake up and this year smackdown won the whole thing.
And now I don't ever have to watch RAW, how convienient. SmackDown is only two hours, and it has nearly every wrestler worth watching. Pretty easy decision.
Styles, Nakamura, Bryan, Joe, Miz, Charlotte, Asuka are all on SmackDown. The Bar and Almas are great additions too. Plus, Mandy Rose. I'm always down for Mandy Rose.
In kayfabe, Kurt Angle is the Jim Paxson of the WWE Universe. RAW sucks.
2018 Shakeup Over...which brand won?
I gotta say that I think Smackdown won on this year's shakeup. Don't get me wrong, Raw got a good callup in Drew McIntyre and Zayn and Owens will be good at filling in that Miz type role. Smackdown, however, with Samoa Joe, Almas, and Jeff Hardy along with Asuka in women's division, look like the stronger deal. Plus their tag division really got better. They get rid of Breezango and Ascension who weren't doing anything but comedy skits and get the Bar and Club. Now Club needs to be booked better but that's two good teams that can now feud with Bludgeon Bros, Usos, New Day, Rusev Day, and the incoming Sanity! Couple that with keeping AJ, Nakamura, Bryan, Orton, Charlotte, and Becky.
Once they get settled in...
AJ(c) vs Samoa Joe
Daniel Bryan vs Miz
Charlotte(c) vs Asuka Pt2
Bludgeon Bros(c)vs Usos vs Bar vs Sanity (Wulf and Dane) in Fatal Four Way
Jeff Hardy(c) vs Nakamura
Orton vs Big Cass-No Holds Barred
Almas/ Dillinger/ Eric Young/Rusev/Benjamin/Big E-Ladder Match for #1 US title contender
Yeah I know there's no more single brand PPVs anymore but this would be a decent card. Book these!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|