WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 PM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Carmella Wins Title Via MITB

One thing that was not well done was the him-hawing around of
the referee. Was he not familiar with the rules?

One thing that was done well was Charlotte looked like she was
going to fight back- then that kick happened.

Do you think Carmella can hang on to the belt?

What do you think of the storyline?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:56 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

First of all, Dave Meltzer must be angry that yet another thing he reported didn't happened.

Having said that , It all depends of what happens next week, if Charlotte stick around then I think she won't be champion for long and might drop the belt as soon as backlash. If Charlotte get move, then I could see her keeping the belt for awhile.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:48 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I thought the whole thing was well executed. They preserved the integrity of Charlotte's WrestleMania match with Asuka, not to mention Asuka's streak by having it ended by a worthy opponent in a meaningful way, while giving Carmella a big moment in her career and simultaneously giving the Iconics a memorable and impactful main roster debut.

Charlotte now not only has to deal with Carmella, which is something she's obviously more than capable of, but she's got Peyton Royce and Billie Kay to contend with. Even if there's not going to be any sort of official alliance between Carmella and the Iconics, the presence of the latter can be used to bolster Carmella as the new champ is simply too outmatched by Charlotte.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-11-2018, 07:26 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I really, really liked it. I was really hoping Carmella would not lose the cash-in match like reported because I think she can become a really strong champion. The cash-in was well executed by all involved, and suddenly, there are perhaps four or five women involved in this story (Carmella, Charlotte, Billie Key, Peyton Royce and potentially even Asuka down the road again). That is dependent on Charlotte not getting drafted to Raw next week, of course.

I foresee this reign going one of two ways. Either, it is short and meaningless effectively. Or, this could end up being quite long and substantial. I hope it is the latter, because I get the impression some people don't take Carmella seriously, which I understand, but I believe she has the potential.

The only thing that ruined this moment for me was the referee. What the hell was that all about?
Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 AM

shadyfozzie is looking to come up from OCW...

Because of all of Carmella's 'fake cash-ins' the ref was being like: Are you absolutely, 100% sure you want to do this??

Also, they probably wanted to make sure Charlotte was okay since some of those hits she took looked pretty brutal.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...

Hey there M.V.W. He didn't say anything about a card changing, he called out Dave Meltzer for being wrong about Carmella's cash in attempt when some people pay for his reporting. Thanks for your reminder though, but it added nothing to the thread.

Hopefully Carmella gets a decent run as champion, I could see Charlotte and Ruby Riot moving to Raw while Asuka and Sasha go to Smackdown. I thought Asuka was already a member of the SmackDown roster, but I digress.

Disband the Riot Squad via the shake-up and replace them with Carmella and the iconic duo.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:32 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It is good that she won it finally. Hopefully they can give her a meaningful reign as I am personally tired of Charlotte Flair and they did a good of protecting her during the cash in. The WWE were smart on holding off at WM, since Asuka lost and now it can be added into this story with Carmella. Good for her and her successful cash in making history in the WWE.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Retired Former WZCW EurAsian Champ
WWE Diva's Champion

Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...Leeds Guy is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I absolutely loved this. Carmella picked the scraps after The Iconic Duo were made to look very very strong indeed. The ref maybe brought this down a bit by acting like a complete fucktard, but this was the right call to get the belt off of Charlotte. I'm hoping they can keep the belt on her for a while to be honest, be one of those cowardly heels that everyone knows the faces are stronger than but somehow she keeps pulling out the win. I can see a program between them leading up to Backlash where hopefully the Royce/Key combo cost Charlotte the match. I'll be very pissed off if Charlotte wins it back next week.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...THTRobtaylor is going to make some noise in the draft...

If anything, Charlotte moves to RAW and Asuka wins it quickly... It makes more sense for Asuka to "punish" Carmella and have the IIConics get involved set up an alliance of sorts. Depending on the other moves in the shakeup, you could see an interesting dynamic where someone like Mandy Rose moves over with Goldust in tow... there's a natural team up there with Asuka... and Finn/Becky if he also moves setting up some interesting stuff for the year...

Now will they put Carmella and Cass together now they split in real life? Seems to me if she is going to keep the belt she needs some muscle to guard her...
Old 04-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think that Carmella is one of those performers who thrives on character development outside of the ring, and she's had none of that invested in her since becoming the MITB briefcase holder.

All that they've given her is an occasional failure at attempting to "cash in her briefcase" (that sounds so fucking stupid ) and become the Smackdown Women's champion. I think that her character is neat, but she hasn't been allowed to play it off of anyone else. Moonwalking is fun, but she has to be taken seriously at some point.

She's the champion because the WWE thought that it would make the most sense for her character to win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, they didn't bother to add anything to the middle of that saga. However she loses it won't do very much to serve the next person who gets it. Unless they start investing some serious heel cred into Carmella real soon, nobody is going to remember that she was a Women's Champion.