WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-27-2018, 03:55 AM

jachba is looking to come up from OCW...

The way that that this feud has been booked, with Cena questioning Taker's character and calling him a coward makes the return of the American Badass/Big Evil the only logical response. It would look pretty silly for the Deadman to come out and do the usual schtick after Cena cut almost shoot-type promos challenging Taker.

Last edited by jachba : 03-27-2018 at 03:57 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I like that they are stretching this out but nothing beyond that. Felt like more of the same from Cena last night to close the show. I still just have no idea why Cena, I, or anyone expects the UT to have to answer Cena's request.

Hopefully we get a good payoff next week.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 03-27-2018, 08:22 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It's possible they have relegated UT's appearances to literally showing up at WM, wrestling, and not being seen again until maybe the next WM. I wouldn't be surprised to get nothing but a gong next week.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:13 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This feud attempt is AT least 3 or 4 years too late.

Before Taker lost to Lesnar, I would have been interested in seeing Cena v Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Now, I'm kind of laughing that people are still interested in seeing it.

I'm sorry, but it's like any people who would want to see Cena v Hogan or one more Stone Cold match vs CM Punk (back when Punk was running around WWE). It's just a nice fantasy match-up, but in reality it's past its time.

Fantasy match-ups are great to do in your favorite WWE video game. Go do Cena vs Hogan, Stone Cold vs CM Punk, Sting vs Undertaker, etc. Once in a while you might be lucky enough to make a fantasy match actually work out in reality.

Yes, it was amazing The Rock v Hogan at WM did work out, and yes a Goldberg vs Lesnar match at WM (version 2) did work out when it seemed highly unlikely. But it's rare, and it should be.

Would have been more interesting if Cena just continued with his "I failed to make it to WrestleMania" message and follow it up with "But I'm determined to make my mark on WrestleMania still!" and then it becomes a bit of a mystery as to what he is going to do.

If they did that, then there are a few much more interestingg options for Cena heading into WM:

- He could now have been added to Daniel Bryan vs Owens/Zayn if he wasn't chasing this Undertaker thing

- He could go into WM without any fans knowing where he is going to show up and have him interfere in say Roman Reigns v Lesnar match and HELP Roman Reigns who BOTH turn hardcore heel!

- He could be Strowman's partner for the Tag Team Title match

- He could enter himself in the Andre Battle Royale

Because, let's face it, Cena is not selling WM this year. I'm not sure who is, but the fact that the Cena v (anyone) match isn't set yet means clearly WWE even know they aren't relying on a Cena match to sell WM.

So I am disappointed with WWE going down this Undertaker route and wasting TV time with Cena challenging Undertaker.

If the match happens, well so be it. There is always a few matches at WM that don't need to be there but are there anyway.

Let the poor old man who has given more than enough to the business retire already!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:34 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I also dont get the build up. OK, you dont have Wrestlemania opponent so you are daring Taker, one of the greatest Wrestlemania opponents you can get. But just last year, few months ago, you taunted Reigns because he won against "old man with broken hip". So you want to win against somebody you basically called "old broken grandpa"? What does that say about you? But hey, we all know that by WWE logic you are not suppose to remember that and that its perfectly fine that your no1 face cuts "heelish" promos taunting Taker just because he is crying manchild and wants to have a big Wrestlemania match. That does have sense in WWE logic indeed.

Dunno, it would be much better if Taker did show. You have John trying so hard for Wrestlemania match RAW or Smackdown related. Just have Taker interrupting one of those and cost Cena a match. Have Taker next night explain how he seat at his home watching Cena promo few months ago and how he got mad that Cena called him "old man with broken hip". And how now that old man is gona make one more Wrestlemania appearance to "bury one more soul" or whatever. Voila, there is your build up and its much better then "Muah, muah, I dont have a match, I want Taker".
Old 03-31-2018, 08:49 PM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Terrible story being told, probably as Taker himself hadn't committed to a match for most of the build. Worst case Cena can tag with Bryan if Taker isn't coming
Old 04-02-2018, 10:22 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

My comment might be outdated by tomorrow morning but I just thought of something.

Do we really need to have a match between cena and undertaker at mania?

You could easily just do a segment between the 2 of them at mania and i feel fans would be satisfied by it.

Here what I thought you could do with this, tonight on raw, cena calls out undertaker again, still no response. Then you have cena say it that he will be at mania as a fan, an if undertaker as any balls, comes meet him at mania

Then at mania, have cena do a promo inside the ring, pretty much like he did for the last month, but this time, the lights goes out, then you hear the gong followed by the American bad ass theme and taker comes out on his bike comes in the ring, they have a street fight type segment which end in taker hitting the last ride and tombstone on cena, then the music hits and taker leave on his bike, stop at the entrance, raise is fist up in the air and that's the end of the segment.

I feel fans in attendance would go wild for the entrance along and will be hot for the full fight segment that follow. By doing this as a segment instead of a full match, you keep the retirement of taker intact will still having him involve in something at mania plus it's easier for wwe to cover his weakness by doing a short segment with Cena instead of a full match.

At this point, mania doesn't need this match to sell the show since all the other big attraction like Ronda rousey first match and Daniel Bryan's returned did that for them, so this would save time and taker's health at the same time while giving a special segment for the fans.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:50 PM

Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...Logisticalbooker86 is looking to come up from OCW...

RE the post directly above mine -

The match is happening. An in-ring segment after all Cena has said would be pointless. At least half the crowd won't care how many steps Undertaker has lost, this match is about having two legends face off.

The only question now is, since Cena has made the matter personal, will it be career vs career? I'd be a little surprised if such a big stipulation was added at the last minute but it would add some more intrigue (whether it is needed or not). Considering Undertaker is going to win, probably not.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

I don't mean to sound snarky; this is a legit question I'm asking. Why on earth are fans clamoring for the American Bad Ass Biker Taker? That's easily the dullest of gimmicks Undertaker has gone with. Besides a change in wardrobe, he rides a bike around the ring and says "It's My Yard". That's it. No mythology. No psychological warfare. No special little bells and whistles to give us a real Wrestlemania spectacle. Just Vroom Vroom mic cliche vroom vroom. The years he spent wearing a bandana and sunglasses (all 2 or so years) were definitely the low points of his career. And if Kid Rock plays him out, then part of me dies next Sunday. Forget retirement.

Not to mention John Cena doing everything in his power to make this fight look weak. Sure, I get that regardless who steps into the ring with Undertaker, his opponents will get booed. You'd think the John Cena character would be used to that polarity by now, but no. He's run the gamut of what it takes to be a heel without outright jumping Undertaker. He has come off as a whiny, self-centered, vindictive asshole who picks on old people who are obviously not fit for the ring anymore. I can get behind Cena going dark. I welcome that change of pace. But even little children know this side of him isn't going to last, he will leave and come back now and then as a part time hero. Truly an infuriating narrative here.

Naturally I will see it since I'm watching Wrestlemania, and there's a part of me that will be happy to see Undertaker do anything from tonight onwards because he was a big reason why I became a fan in the first place, but this story flat out sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 04-02-2018, 03:53 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logisticalbooker86 View Post
RE the post directly above mine -

The match is happening. An in-ring segment after all Cena has said would be pointless. At least half the crowd won't care how many steps Undertaker has lost, this match is about having two legends face off.

The only question now is, since Cena has made the matter personal, will it be career vs career? I'd be a little surprised if such a big stipulation was added at the last minute but it would add some more intrigue (whether it is needed or not). Considering Undertaker is going to win, probably not.
At less, if they are dead set of doing this match, i would like them to wait until mania for taker to make his first apparence since the raw 25 show. Tonight, you can actually get by with just having taker accept Cena's challenge through special effects and pre recorded promo's. Keep the fans guessing which version of taker we will get at mania.

Then at mania, don't go with the 35 to 40 minutes format they tend to do with taker for the past ten years. Give them 20 minutes max and either make it a no holds barred match or keep the match simple so that taker isn't expose like he was last year because Cena is the same type of worker that Reigns is and won't be able to cover up everything that Taker isn't able to do anymore.

I'm all for the match because it's a attraction match and that's what mania is all about but since they waited so long to bring taker back in front of the camera, i feel like they can actually wait until sunday to make him physically return and whatever version he decide to use for his return, he's going to get the biggest reaction of the night if they wait until mania for his return.