WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I've honestly never been a big fan of Goldberg.

Goldberg's return worked as a means of rewriting his disastrously bad encounter with Brock at WM20. He got to stomp his way to the world championship scene and steam roll someone as over as Lesnar, thus he was subsequently willing to give Brock and the fans what should have been the WM20 encounter.

He came, he did his thing, he sold some tickets, and he promptly left. That for me is exactly what I would have wanted from him.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally I enjoyed Goldberg's return, His first win over Brock then his second over Kevin Owens were both unexpected, I agree because of his age and length of time away from the ring I also didn't expect much at Wrestlemania against Brock but they both actually had a good match, Would prefered to have seen his return go one or two more matches Goldberg vs Braun Strowman would be my pick and a win over Goldberg would have been a could start to Strowman's career.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:00 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...Goldie is looking to come up from OCW...

Coming back at age 50 meant he was the oldest WWE world champion ever as a proper wrestler..... (not counting Vinces ego-maniac trip where he gave himself the title in 1999).

Quite shocking when you think about how WCW was heavily criticised for putting their world title on 40 somethings. In a sense WWE had become similar- whenever the old boys (Rock, Batista, Goldberg) make a brief return then get a major push!

That said it was interesting to see the unstoppable Brock suffer a loss- shocking in fact it happened to quickly against Goldberg!

Nostalga acts stirs up a very quick buzz... but wears off quickly too.
At least a 50 year olf Goldberg didn't over stay his welcome too much.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:31 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGlasgow View Post
Personally I enjoyed Goldberg's return, His first win over Brock then his second over Kevin Owens were both unexpected, I agree because of his age and length of time away from the ring I also didn't expect much at Wrestlemania against Brock but they both actually had a good match, Would prefered to have seen his return go one or two more matches Goldberg vs Braun Strowman would be my pick and a win over Goldberg would have been a could start to Strowman's career.
His win over Kevin Owens was the most predictable shittyest piece of booking in 2017. The second he beat Lesnar, the rematch was happening, and the title would be in play
Old 03-13-2018, 08:01 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
His win over Kevin Owens was the most predictable shittyest piece of booking in 2017.
Funny how its always all so predictable afterwards, Show evidence of where you predicted this like on this forum or any forum where it shows dates of posts? and I'll appologise otherwise your full of it.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

It was pretty good. I was initially very hard on his quick win over Lesnar but that had more to do with getting the results beforehand and not realizing what was done in the SS match. The quick win made sense and undeniably shocking. His Rumble participation was mostly forgettable with the exception of furthering his story by eliminating Lesnar. His title win over Owens was also pretty forgettable and probably the biggest black eye of his return. He always struggled making others looked good and his match with Owens was no exception.

But what saved this run and made it pretty good were his Mania match with Lesnar, his physique at age 50, and mostly some of his promos. They were very entertaining. He combined his old gimmick with some heartfelt work that I legitimately bought in to. Maybe it was bullshit, maybe he just needed money for a boat but it didn't feel that way. It felt like he really wanted to help his legacy, rewrite his career ending, show his kid who he was and who he could still be and inspire others as a real life super hero.

It wasn't the greatest six month run or the greatest return but it was much better than I expected and worth the time.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?